Train Sim World: Rush Hour

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, May 4, 2021.

1. Cd1990

Cd1990 Active Member

Damn, I'm on annual leave in July... :D

Am I right in saying that all three routes are about 45-50 miles in length?

2. dcnine#5410

dcnine#5410 Well-Known Member

Riesa to Dresden is actually 65 miles!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

wow!!!...longer than tgv??

• Like Like x 1
  4. dcnine#5410

dcnine#5410 Well-Known Member

Yep! It has 3 branch lines off of it, which I’m assuming add a lot of the extra length.

• Like Like x 2
  5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

But not the same meteorology.

(And I really doubt many Aussies would consider any date in September to be the beginning of autumn)

6. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

As a meteorologist, meteorological, or actually climatological if you want to get technical, seasons are defined in 3 month increments, starting with the first of the month, which is standard everywhere in the world. The only thing that changes is which season by hemisphere
    In the northern hemisphere (flip for southern):
    Winter: Dec 1 - Feb 28/29
    Spring: Mar 1 - May 31
    Summer: June 1 - Aug 31
    Fall: Sept 1 - Nov 30

• Like Like x 6
  7. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

From Rush Hour to meteorology! I hope the passengers' garments can keep up.

Cheers

• Like Like x 6
  8. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

About that . Good price for what you are getting

• Like Like x 2
  9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Except the Southern Hemisphere...
    And I believe the simplified season dates were brought in to stop people wondering why March is a warmer month when most of it is technically in winter, or Christmas is only just in Winter when many places have snow
    Either way, I'll stick to Spring starting on March 21st and go from there

• Like Like x 1
  10. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Just saw this. So Rush Hour is a DLC or can be purchased for people who don’t have the game yet?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

It is a DLC pack with Brighton Mainline, reisa to Dresden and province to Boston. So it’s like the base game but it’s not compulsory to have

12. UnlimitedMagic

Ah I see. That’s a great deal.

• Like Like x 2
  13. UnlimitedMagic

Yes. They could have added the New Haven Line in addition with the M8 trains

14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As the debate between random rail enthusiasts from around the top half of the globe as to when autumn begins (and why some people call it fall instead of autumn) continues, we are reminded that philosophy is not an exact science. It doesn’t have wheels that you can count like on trains and it doesn’t have any SI units for standardisation (which the aforementioned fall enthusiasts refuse to use, what is it with these people?) and that we are reminded once again that for most people autumn actually begins when women start wearing brown knitwear again. Rush Hour will release before women wear brown knitwear in public. Sorted.

• Like Like x 11
  15. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

I always find joy in your posts :D

• Like Like x 3
  16. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Ah, so we are expecting some Rush Hour delays then, because I heard on the grapevine (Marie Claire) that Versace won't be bringing out their next Brown Knitwear Collection until January 2022. It's actually a follow-on to their upcoming "Orange Knitwear Collection" series (brown is just dark orange, and the brighter part of the orange collection is being launched in November 2021, followed by "brown" in January).

That said - I personally find brown knitwear to be quite versatile, including on the hottest, steamiest, and sweatiest of summer nights, partly because brown doesn't easily stain.... but maybe that's just me.... ;-O

• Like Like x 3
  17. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Thank you :D - I often start a serious post and then I don’t quite like it, so I delete it and go off on a comedy tangent instead and just hope it doesn’t annoy too many people!
    A perfect strategy. Versace could learn a trick or two from you. My only interest in fashion nowadays is what shade of blue hides my ever growing belly the best. I used to try and look presentable when going out but now my biggest concern is how tight I can get my stretchy belt to keep my jeans up without cutting off the blood supply to my lower half. We might be sharing too much info here and not doing much for the image of the train simming community.

These fashion tips could all be reflected in the new passenger clothing system though. There, we’re back on topic.

• Like Like x 7
  18. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

It's a DLC/add-on and it requires the base game (TSW2) to work. It cannot be used as a stand-alone game.

19. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Hopefully Rush Hour will be a bundle with 3 individual add-ons and not like the Base Game where you can't uninstall routes that you hardly play after testing

20. kobo

kobo Active Member

I have a question, and i think it was already answered, but I'm confused a little on what the NEC route is representing. I know it's showing amtrak from boston to providence, but I recall hearing Matt say there was a branch line too, but I missed what branch line that was, and how long it would be.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. jiroo92

jiroo92 Member

I think it is the Stoughton branch which is about 4 miles long. Somebody correct me if im wrong ;)

22. kobo

kobo Active Member

according to google maps, if it is that branch, it's about 20 miles. If true, then I'm even more pleased than i initially was before. Hype level just went up by 100 if it is the branch.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

I’d say the official name for this should have been TSW2: Rush Hour Expansion. It would help answering many of the endless questions whether this is an add-on product or not.

I can definitely see why some might think Rush Hour would work standalone without the TSW2 base game.

• Like Like x 5
  24. pacificorca#1435

pacificorca#1435 Active Member

That is indeed the branch that was confirmed on stream but it's only about 6 miles, still a very fun change of pace!

25. breblimator

breblimator Guest

After a 'brief' analysis of the content of the German part of this package: Bahnstrecke Riesa - Dresden will be the first route with such a variety of trains: S-Bahn, Regional, IC, ICE & freight. Such a detail. BR o7

• Like Like x 2
  26. Coastway trainspotter

Well we will just have to wait

• Like Like x 1
  27. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Based on videos I've been looking up, Canton Junction will be an interesting place for the route with the MBTA trains going to Stoughton and the mainline itself.

• Like Like x 1
  28. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Something is puzzling me. This looks like a concept change on the part of DTG.
    Three trains from three different DLCs included (RSN 143, MSB 146.2, RRO 185.5). This looks like free layers. Something new.

Conclusion: we won't get new trains ** with new (upcoming) routes, but we won't have to buy old DLCs to get layers.
    Speculation: this is a new trend, and from now on we will have to pay separately for the new trains (Loco Add-Ons).

My opinion - if so, I like this new model. It organizes some confusing issues.

** eventually we will get the 'old' trains in a new livery (VVO DoStos for BRD) or with some 'cosmetic' changes (MRCE 182 for HHL).

• Like Like x 1
  29. solicitr

Rivaled by HMA: the latter doesn't have an IC layer, but effectively has 2 RB/RE layers (146 and 425)

• Like Like x 1
  30. solicitr

I am a little confused by something. Rush Hour and its Dresden route are clearly designed, in great part, for new players: buy TSW2 and this bundle and you've got a lot to play with, and populated German routes (SKA and DRR) without having to buy all that DLC.

But then why does Dresden duplicate a train that already comes with the base game, the 442?

(At a guess, because the Usual Suspects would scream bloody murder if they just layered the SKA 442 without Dresden livery or with the wrong upholstery weave)

• Like Like x 1
  31. breblimator

breblimator Guest

442 and ICE, both from SKA

32. Coastway trainspotter

I’d say winter starts a bit earlier , around the 20th of November

33. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Its because the line splits and then joins again, like on HRR where the S-bahn line goes a different path. So maybe its not longer but it has two different paths you can go from Dresden to Riesa. (RE drives the western line via Niederau and IC the eastern line.)
    And then you have the branch lines too.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  34. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Good point; hopefully at some point the passengers will wear clothing appropriate for the time of year and weather.
    Seconded, it really should be marketed as an expansion pack, because it's a lot more than just a DLC.

• Like Like x 3
  35. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

The missing information is this: if Rush Hour is a new expansion then the updated Base game is still to be revealed: e.g. if I buy TSW2 in say October which routes come with it? Are they genuinely not going to upgrade the base game pack? Buying the base game in future years when it has a couple of routes you don't have is a great way to build up your collection. They really need to change the base game each summer.

• Like Like x 1
  36. solicitr

The "updated base game" will be a free update to TSW2- think of it as TSW 2.1. TSW2 will continue to be sold with Bakerloo, Sand Patch and SKA just as before, but with improvements to the core programming (such as Unreal Engine 4.26).

• Like Like x 2
  37. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

It explains in the article that they’re changing the way they handle the yearly release, which is by doing the new bundle for this year, instead of a repackage plus one route as previously done with TSW.

Personally I think this way is much better, before it was a case of the yearly update came with 1 route for £24.99 and a repackage, but now we get 3 brand new routes for £24.99.

Everyone wins this way, because everyone gets the opportunity to buy a brand new bundle of routes, for the price of one, as opposed to just one new route.

• Like Like x 5
  38. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Yes I think it's a great deal.
    29.99 USD is a great deal, if not then it's an absolute steal of a deal for 3 routes.
    With this new Unreal Engine update said to release, I would expect some new features as DTG covered in the announcement.
    Overall it's positive, plus you DON'T have to buy Rush Hour. It's totally optional. (I don't see why you would not buy it for 29.99 USD).
    All in all I am both excited and optimistic as well. More information is to come in the following weeks.

• Like Like x 4
  39. Cd1990

Cd1990 Active Member

Very good price. Am seriously considering upgrading to a series X for this, I mean I'll probably get one on the 12th of never at this rate but hey :D

• Like Like x 1
  40. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

me too but ps5

• Like Like x 3
  41. court692

court692 Member

I really hope Dovetail expand on the scenario planner particularly for the Brighton Main Line. It would be good if platforms 13-19 could be used at London Victoria rather than just a select few (13 and 14 for gatwick express and 15-19 for Southern services). The same applies to Gatwick Airport as certain trains terminate in specific platforms to make way for through trains.

• Like Like x 4
  42. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Not all that excited about Rush Hour, mainly cause I haven't or rather can get hold of these latest graphics cards for the PC and while my 1080TI is still performing pretty good I'm not sure I want to push my luck.

I am a fan of the Brighton line though so might wait for a sale and what people say here on the performance of the DLC as a whole. Some are mentioning getting the PS5 or series X. I don't know what they are, lol. Seriously, are they available?

43. Coastway trainspotter

I’d still get rush hour at launch , then get a graphics card when you can get hold of one . I’m hoping to get a series s sometime , which seems easy enough . PS5 and series X ? Not so much

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  44. dhekelian

That is the one without a disc drive yeah? Are they available in the UK?

• Like Like x 1
  45. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

ShopPlay has series S' in stock now, but I'd say wait it out for a better GPU or series X/PS5 over the S.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. dhekelian

Thanks guys.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Coastway trainspotter

The Series s is all digital , 512GB ( extra storage available ) and costs £250 . I believe they are still in stock on Amazon

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

They do definitely seem easier to find. I'm going to hold out for a Series X though, I have too many disk games and I'd prefer the greater performance out of the X regardless. Either way, I'm not desperate yet, I haven't played a game on my Xbox One for a couple of months at least now.

• Like Like x 3
  49. dhekelian

I'd prefer a RTX graphics card but got no chance of getting one or so it seems.

50. Cd1990

Cd1990 Active Member

Same here, getting parts to upgrade my PC seems to be really tricky here in Australia (even more so as I'm in Perth and we're considered to be remote), just holding out for more Series X's to come up for preorder.

• Like Like x 1