What Route Are You Looking Forwards To In Rush Hour

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by brfan#9132, May 8, 2021.

?
  1. Brighton Mainline

29 vote(s)
    44.6%
  2. Northeastern Corridor

25 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. Riessa Dresden

11 vote(s)
    16.9%
  1. brfan#9132

brfan#9132 Active Member

What route are looking forwards in rush hour i am looking forwards to The Brighton Mainline

2. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

If it is true, what it says in the Steam Shop description for Riesa-Dresden, I won't see the Sun anytime soon. Half the S-Bahn Dresden Network should be included, plus a branch to Grossenhain and another little thing, I live in Dresden :D

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to all of them , why not let people vote for more than one option ?

• Like Like x 3
  4. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Three routes I wouldn’t be interested in normally but for the price it’s a no brainier and should give a nice variety of experiences. I never play American routes but I’m quite interested in the passenger operations around Boston.

It’s buy one get two free. I’m not quite sure how they’ve managed it. But I’m not complaining!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Horizelux

Horizelux Well-Known Member

London Brighton for the hustle and bustle, Boston Providence for the speed and rolling stock and Dresden Riesa for the variety!

• Like Like x 2
  6. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

BML
    what else do i need to say

7. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I didn't vote because there's no option for "all of them". I am excited for all 3 routes because I like passenger routes. 3 new routes in a bundle for $29.99 is a huge deal. The Amtrak route is the one that I will play first when TSW 2 Rush Hour comes out.

• Like Like x 1
  8. edward.gregg

edward.gregg Active Member

Thank you :) For me it was a toss up between the Riesa-Dresden and the Boston-Providence. Due to the heads up from bobbobberdd it wont be that. South East England has been done to the death!!! there is only so much you can take!

9. edward.gregg

edward.gregg Active Member

I was never interested in US passenger stuff. until I learnt about the world outside of Amtrak. I like Peninsular Corridor, but im leaving it be along with LLIR until its been updated. Like you the Boston- Providence route is most attractive.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

As a British fan, I voted NEC, US high speed is hard to come by, and I love the ACS-64, plus the Boston turn loop looks like good fun.

BML will be a popular route for sure, but I just can’t bring myself to advocate for more electrostars at this point, hopefully the UK content will move on from the South after this.

Dresden Riesa offers what is probably the most value in the game, coming with all but 1 layer for free, on one of the highest mileage routes at that, definitely a good pick but I can’t say I’m as excited as I am for NEC.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to all 3 three, but NEC will be the one tops on the list to have back in the sim.

• Like Like x 1
  12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I think for me Dresden has the most gameplay potential, since it apparently amounts to a full network, not just a single main line with a branch. Also, with all layers active, it could be almost as populated and busy as a real route. (Especially if they include a yard-work layer for the 204/363)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ant Craft

Ant Craft Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to both the Brighton Mainline and the NEC 2.0. Wish you'd have allowed for multiple choices XD I chose Brighton Mainline though as I'm from the UK, and have wanted a class 387 since GWE first launched. Tough pick though!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

NEC, its nice to get Amtrak back in TSW, not to mention the location is new and not reused from TSW2020 or TS2021. MBTA is a nice touch as well.

Also, paintable Amfleets.

• Like Like x 3
  15. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

NEC is my number one route in this pack to look forward to, I picked up the NEC New York route for TSW 1 near when it released (I bought it in some kind of game pack with RT) and I certainly wasn’t off that route much anytime i was on TSW 1

With regards to the other routes;

London to Brighton looks like it’s going to be pretty good especially with an airport train as well

The Dresden route also looks quite cool with a special mention to Dresden HBf Architecture

16. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

I must admit that although I play mainly German routes in this game, I'm actually looking forward most to the American one, Boston-Providence, for some reason.
    Given that NEC with the ACS-64 was not ported over from TSW2020 it feels like the only one with at least somewhat fresh rolling stock, as well as reintroducing Amtrak and opening up the possibility for the Acela Express possibly as a DLC later on.
    Also, even though of course America focusses more on freight trains, there was in my opinion a distinct lack of US passenger routes especially with one of the already few not being in preserved collection.
    Also, although I am not really a fan of American trains in general, their passenger trains are very unique nonetheless, and I like playing them, even if just for their weirdness sometimes.

17. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

I feel similarly, NEC is a good opportunity to bring Amtrak back into the game and to do a better job than in TSW2020, I don't think the route will necessarily be super interesting, i.e. mostly A-B runs on a fairly flat route, but having Amtrak and MBTA trains running along the tracks already gives it the kind of authenticity the NEC route in TSW2020 was completely lacking, hopefully the environment will be much better modelled too.

18. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

It’s going to be good to use immersion controls on NEC , I went back to TSW2020 to play it the other day and I kept trying to zoom in :D