PlayStation Fix It

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by paullisa7572, Jan 20, 2021.

1. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Thanks for this. I just wanted to put down a set of factual bits of information, that might be helpful to some other people that have contributed to this thread, to describe things as they currently stand.

I am not at all angry, although I do empathise with anyone affected by the lack of action over the last ten months to deliver a simple hotfix, that has already been deployed in TSW 2.

And yes, you are right. The same principles that I outlined here apply to software published on Steam and on the Xbox store, with respect to achievements, etc. It seems that Steam, Microsoft and Sony take these things very very seriously, as if they are important to some people.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GhostTracker212

GhostTracker212 New Member

Ah, your tone did come across as agitated and kinda flared to me, I apologise for for being slightly incendiary in response :)

You know what the internet is like, people are never calm so when people are it's a system shock. Also I'm new here, so don't know people's tones or typing hands too well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. synthetic.angel

No worries. I noticed that you were new, so had already decided to completely cut you some slack.

Welcome to the Forum...! ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

No news is good news at this point. As long as it’s still due to feature on some patch notes some time soon, I’m happy.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Starkiller

Starkiller Well-Known Member

guys wheres the problem he sad he make weekly updates and he sayed that it will be come befor Hamburg-Lübeck Dlc for TSW2 , so where is the problem just chill it will come im shure i trust DTG Protagonist :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. GhostTracker212

No problem, just misinterpretation that's been corrected is all :) I trust DTG to do this as well

• Like Like x 2
  7. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Latest news: fix is completed, tested and ready to roll out. It's being scheduled currently, your wait will not be much longer.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Starkiller

:D yeeeaaaaaahhhhhh :D
    finally ^^

• Like Like x 3
  9. alex#9702

alex#9702 New Member

so I've been reading for a bit and have to ask: is the whole DLC going to be updated or will it be just a simple game update?

I've been waiting for a game update for a few hours now and didn't get anything so I just wanted to be enlightened :D

10. TheTipsyRaccoon

It’s likely to be the whole game but when they say the wait won’t be much longer, it’s probably still a week or so, not just a matter of hours haha!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Joel Hazeldene

Joel Hazeldene New Member

This is good news. I can't wait for this.
    Is the Cement Circle scenario ready to play now for the CL31: Full Circle trophy, or do we have to wait for another week?

12. GhostTracker212

Can see the release date for the new line is the 13th, so any day now really!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Starkiller

would be awesome , is the new one Hamburg-Lübeck or ?

• Like Like x 1
  14. GhostTracker212

Yup. The 13th is the stated release date for H-L, so really the update should be today, the weekend, or Monday and Tuesday. Which is awesome cause I found out the HS1 line is on TSW 2 and I want that but still not buying until bug fix o.o

• Like Like x 4
  15. gary.mc88

gary.mc88 New Member

Kinda sucks that DT are still selling TSW and DLC at full price but don’t support it. Pretty shitty actually :-/

16. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

see the quote a few posts up (pasted below for you) as this bug is being fixed....

17. Starkiller

the update/patch should be coming this week

18. Starkiller

DTG Protagonist said that it will come befor Hamburg-Lübeck so thsi will be until Thursday , just have a bit patience , the patch normaly needs to go trough microsoft or Sonys hands first to get on our consoles , just 4 Days and it shut be there :D

19. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Starkiller: I know orthography isn't a high priority on the internet, but it should be and if it was, I'd have a bit of patience.... XD
    Try using deepl.com for reference. It's free and normally provides excellent results.

20. Starkiller

21. Slemcer

I'm currently downloading the update (384 MB). I'll test it right away ...

22. GhostTracker212

I'm at work otherwise I would test this. Hope it's fixed!

23. Slemcer

It is!! I really appreciate this, thx DTG and whoever made this possible.

Edit: The trophy popped instantly after finishing this scenario.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

TSW 2020 update is rolling out on Playstation hopefully the "full circle" trophy for cement circle scenario is now doable

• Like Like x 2
  25. Grobanite

Grobanite Member

I would like to thank DTG for making us fans/gamers happy and fixing TSW2020 so that we could/can complete the game after a long time of hoping and waiting.
    I can't wait to get started with TSW2 and of course keep fishing! - You guys are great!
    Also I would like to thank you DTG Protagonist and all here in the forum for your efforts and that was never given up!

• Like Like x 5
  26. Yunas Papi

Yunas Papi Active Member

From me also a big thank you, now nothing stands in the way of the next completion (TSW2).

• Like Like x 3
  27. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

It shouldn't have taken this long, but I'm glad we could get it sorted eventually.

• Like Like x 11
  28. Willowrpe

yes shame it has taken so long but the patch is here and I see people already unlocking this today. I bet Sam and others will be glad to hear the end of this issue and can now focus on TSW2

• Like Like x 2
  29. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

CL31: Full Circle popped just now, thanks DTG.

• Like Like x 2
  30. coasterflo

coasterflo Well-Known Member

Also from me a big thank you to DTG, I have now TSW 2020 and TSW 2 ready and looking forward to Hamburg - Lübeck and Rush Hour.

Again an extra thanks to DTG Protagonist :)

• Like Like x 1
  31. TheTipsyRaccoon

Yessss!

Thank you DTG Protagonist for coming through for us, and to everyone on here who has helped get the awareness for this bug up to the level where they had to fix it. I finally have all 188 TSW2020 trophies.

Now to fulfill my oath and purchase TSW2. Since there’s a PS5 version coming and all that.

• Like Like x 2
  32. Willowrpe

its just unlocked for me on PS5 as well as on Xbox One so thats great !

• Like Like x 1
  33. synthetic.angel

It is good to see the Cement Circle issue fixed for TSW (2020), although it should have been completed shortly after the Class 20 DLC was delivered, about a year ago, and fixed as part of the immediate consequentials from that DLC, and within the resources used to develop the Class 20 DLC. This isn't "extra" work", or "extra special" work - it should have been quickly cleaned-up as part of a routine process.

I think it is now high time that DTG create a definitive open bug tracker list and a known issues list (with initial report date for bugs), and commit to some sort of Service Standard or target for fixing the bugs - say, 90 days, as an absolute maximum. Bugs like this really should be hot-fixed in two weeks, and at absolute worst, within 30 days.

But the good news is, that this fix/patch has been done properly - with a restoration of the original (very nice) scenario content. DTG could have taken a few shortcuts (like remove the potentially offending AI traffic), but they've decided to keep the relevant gameplay/narrative. And - even better, they have ensured that the Class 20 can still sub in for the Stockton Junction double-header, as can be seen here:

Train Sim World_20210511235505.jpg

Train Sim World_20210511232351.jpg

It really brought a smile to my face, seeing the train on the left overtake me.... although the distraction made me SPAD on both attempts pictured above (yes, even from 4.9 mph.... I completely forgot about the braking response from the Class 31 with its cement train....).... ;-O

• Like Like x 5
  34. Joel Hazeldene

Thank you so much DTG Protagonist and Dovetail Games for fixing Cement Circle for TSW2020.
    The trophy CL31: Full Circle popped for me. You guys are fantastic and the best.
    Kind regards.

35. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Anyone notice it’s silver for TSW2020 and a mere bronze for TSW2? :o

• Like Like x 1
  36. Joel Hazeldene

WOW! :o I never noticed it before until you mentioned about it. And I have both trophies on PS4.

37. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I did the scenario last night and shared a photo elsewhere.

being super bored tonight thought might as well clock up the trophy (which was working already) on TSW2 and thought hang on :o weird.

• Like Like x 1
  38. steve08

steve08 Guest

Any more news about this fix

39. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

It’s been fixed.

40. Nik Ael

Nik Ael New Member

Hello. It's not that I'm counting on help, although I still hope, but the achievement Cement Circle has not unlocked for me. I play TSW 2020 on the PC. Any chance a patch will be released for it too?

• Like Like x 1
  41. michael hunts123

michael hunts123 New Member

Hello there, I am 86 years old and have Dementia, however I recently purchased for the PlayStation 5, the following, "Deluxe Edition for Train Sim Wolrd 3." Which comes with (Southeastern Highspeed, Cajon Pass, Schnellfahrstrecke Kassel - Würzburg, Spirit of Steam.) I also had a couple more DLC/Route Add Ons, from when I had TSW 2, and I still have that. However though with the "Deluxe Edition for Train Sim World 3" when I start up the game, and subsequently move my profile across from TSW 2 to TSW 3, and enter the game, guess what. None of the base level game routes are shown and neither are the other couple of DLC/Route Add Ons, all of which come in at least below the 64GB allowance. So I am a bit at odds with the game. Any suggestions.