Train Sim World 2 - Happening Hamburg

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, May 6, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Read the article here.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 20
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I thought we would only see container trains there. hmm, sehr gut
    Habbins - covered freight
    Laaers - 'autorack'
    Roos - wood
    Sggmrss - container

Someone mentioned (I don't remember, who exactly) some non-prototypical freight excesses with 112, saying something like
    yhm :)

temp.png

BR o7

EDIT 500 hz magneto looks buged = PZB problems?

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2021
  3. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Is it just me or did DTG lower the platform height on the stations to accommodate the low entry dostos?

• Like Like x 6
  4. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

So frustrating you didn’t develop correct model assets for this route, because it looks like a great route.

• Like Like x 5
  5. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

May 13th is a public holiday in Germany, I hope that won't affect the release.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

I don't know for sure, but maybe that's the case. I will try to take some RL pics for comparison.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Still No Line Numbers for the Trains and the Stations.
    And the Headlights want not change on the BR 112. :mad:

8. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Don’t worry, it will still be available on Friday. :love:

• Like Like x 1
  9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

For me, waiting an hour longer is torture. One day? :D

• Like Like x 2
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

No, they are like that in real life. There’s a step up to the high entry doors from the platform, and also a step up to the low entry doors from the lower style platforms in Germany. The low entry doors are level with the higher platforms. You can see it in loads of pictures. It’s also why the cab cars are okay with their low doors, and why the low entry coaches are actually fine for this route in the simulator, even if they aren’t the ones seen there for real.

• Like Like x 7
  11. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I'm still not decided to buy this, the route looks so pretty I am prepared to buy the whole DLC just to get it! Jokes apart, I love the route and the timetable but everything else... not so much

• Like Like x 1
  12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

182 is likely to be usable wherever it is usable ... old 182. That's an economic argument (instead of RT + 182 DLC). 112 instead of 143 for RRO! and HMA! these are also big advantages. The route looks very nice. And most importantly - 101.

EDIT or not... :( And that would be an argument...

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Nope... MRCE Taurus is only usable in RRO and HMA. Matt didn't know about the 112.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

...which is a terrible shame. I was hoping we‘d be able to use it on more routes, especially since HMA layers aren‘t even available to us on consoles.

• Like Like x 3
  15. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Like a lot of things about this DLC... hopefully it gets some attention after release.

I still hope the 112 will be usable everywhere and that the audio will be improved for both the 182 and the 112/143 (assuming they use the same audio).

At least the light shining on the DoStos is fixed, that's nice.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Are the level crossings as in the trailer? Because in Germany, you don't have an alternating blinking red signal for the car drivers, that the British way of doing it. Should be a steady red, like a traffic light, can't imagine it is so hard to find videos about that :(

Edit: looks like it from the stream, and no sound before they close (which they do in reality) and they close way too fast as on SEH before as well...

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  17. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Just watched yesterday's stream, good job on the timetable, I love to see that freight trains need to wait for passenger services, probably the best new gameplay feature for this route!
    However, I was really disappointed seeing the signalling system, there seem to be even more errors than previous routes had. Would like to see that move forward, not backwards, especially since signalling seems to be one of the signs Adams crew don't want to touch
    In addition, either the 500Hz magnets are broken or the BR182 is broken, because there were two instances when TrainSim-Matt approached a red signal and both times the 500Hz did not light up, neither in the cab nor on the HUD.

• Like Like x 6
  18. kev#3767

kev#3767 New Member

The headlights of the 112 is a dealbreaker for me. It ruins the whole look of the loco and gives me the feeling of buying a badly changed reused 143.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. bobbobberdd

I hope the new Dostos will be a substitute for the old Dostos at some point. I mean on routes where there is no separate PIS for Dostos. So RRO / HRR / SKA and HMA or Adam and his team update the old Dostos (and maybe the DB BR 146) before the MSB update comes.

20. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Also - have I seen this right?

When Matt showed the Scenario planner fomations of the MRCE 182, it also showed formations with Dostos. While Matt said, that he thinks this 182+Dosto Formation from Rapid Transit, i say: this is wrong. This indeed was the MRCE 182 + Dostos.
    Cause in Scenario planner, you can see the DB 182 as a category for itself above the 182 MRCE.

Look at the Screenshot. What are you guys thinking? Or maybe Matt (I don't want to tag him) has an answer?
    SP.PNG

• Like Like x 2
  21. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with the MRCE 182 hauling anything in my view. On the MRCE website they have one of their 182s hauling DB intercity stock that the 101 would be more at home in front of. I hope we can have the MRCE 182 hauling anything eventually.

22. matinakbary

Well I don't have a problem with that. The opposite - i'm very happy to see this. But is this conclusion reasonable? Must be the MRCE 182. So very nice to be able to haul the Dostos with a LZB-Loco. And yes, 182 + IC-Coaches would be so Cool! I hope Adam's team can make this happen in future.

• Like Like x 1
  23. bobbobberdd

I was really pleasantly surprised that the two services of the DB BR 101 run in a sandwich formation.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

This makes sense, and for the time being at least, until the 'old' 182 is livery designer compatible and equipped with LZB, it makes far more sense to let people use the 'new' 182 in formations with dostos.

25. matinakbary

And because 2 different DLCs can't be 'mixed' right now in the Scenario planner (e.g. 182+IC-Coaches is not possible, as i understand), these Dostos are the same that come with the 112 (so no 'blue light bug'). At least that's my understanding of the system.

26. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Based on what we have seen and heard, I have modified the table. It begins to elude logic. RT 182 and BR 155 are still not available for SKA, here - similarly - we will not get MRCE 182 as a substitute in the remaining routes (i.e. in all ... except SKA). What it comes from? Theoretically, the limitation is the length of the train (or the locomotive itself). Does 112 have dimensions other than 143? Is MRCE 182 bigger than her red friend? Matt said (I remember it well) this can be turned on / off, oh yeah, and he even promised to do it 'by the way'. Half a year has passed. I would love to know an explanation. Not because I'm being mean right now, but it's a very serious objection to HHL. Someone without RT, 182, RSN (143) - would get those trains. I cease to understand (a mechanism). I am not suggesting any conspiracy here! BR o7 EDIT my English

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  27. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to this route. The interactions between freight and passenger services I saw on the stream show plenty of gameplay potential. I expect to see a lot of adverse signals running this route and that will be fun.

Also, the stations were spectacular.

• Like Like x 4
  28. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Yes, this was the first time I saw this type of passing in TSW. I like it very much in ZUSI. A big plus.

• Like Like x 3
  29. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

There are a few too many bugs and question marks on this route for my liking, another one to wait on while it is fixed, and as noted above, to check whether it does get fixed...

• Like Like x 1
  30. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

There's a fair amount on HRR, where Matt deliberately made freight a second-class citizen, stopping for all the many, many passenger trains. I once made a bug complaint simply because I didn't realize that waiting 20 minutes just to start a freight service was actually quite deliberate!

• Like Like x 5
  31. matinakbary

... which is more than realistic. Especially on HRR where the amount of passenger trains is so high, freight trains have to wait long time to maybe drive another 2-3 km before they get another red signal.

• Like Like x 7
  32. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Yes, but now, we have to go to a side track, not blocking the main line. This is a nuance, fresh nuance.

PS Very prototypical move for german freight trains for letting higher priority trains to pass.

• Like Like x 8
  33. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

The 101 DLC really made me reevaluate HRR. I wasn't really a fan of it, but while driving the 101, I realized just how busy HRR is with all of the layers. If we only had some freight cars in the yards, the illusion would be almost perfect. Just today, I revisited the HRR freight layer with the 155 and was truly astonished by how much was going on and how I had to slide into the slots between the passenger trains - even racing an S-Bahn at one point (though the S-Bahn did win in the end :D). While HRR remains flawed (the length probably being the biggest flaw, along with the signalling errors), it's quickly rising in my personal ranking. Despite not having native freight in-game, it delivers on what the reality of German freight traffic is like.

To get back on topic - despite all of HBK's (or whatever we'll end up abbreviating it as) flaws, I do appreciate that DTG seem to take our wishes for freight services on board. It would be lovely if such waits were more dynamic (similar to HRR, but HRR doesn't do the letting trains pass thing which HBK apparently will) instead of scripted, but I'll take what we can get.

• Like Like x 6
  34. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be suprised if they did. We don't need players falling on the tracks

• Like Like x 1
  35. tallboy7648

What's the holiday on May 13th in Germany called?

• Like Like x 1
  36. bobbobberdd

Christi Himmelfahrt

• Like Like x 3
  37. tallboy7648

What's the purpose of that holiday?

38. Yayo Beast

Yayo Beast New Member

The Ascension of Christ, called the Ascension in Switzerland and Liechtenstein, describes the return of Jesus Christ as Son of God to his Father in heaven in Christian faith. Ascension Day is celebrated on the 40th day of Easter, 39 days after Easter Sunday.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. tallboy7648

Ohh

• Like Like x 1
  40. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

It shows it’s the DB one on the consists.

Seems to be a bug within the planner that shows the same trains in different liveries under each other’s sub menu.

You can see this in game with the 47, Class 101, 66 etc.

In any case a consist editor can’t come fast enough.

• Like Like x 4
  41. matinakbary

Yeah i've seen that too meanwhile. Pity :(

42. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Btw, while watching the videos I learned that it's kinda difficult for a native English speaker to pronounce Rothenburgsort correctly.
    I'd like to give some hints how to do it. It should sound as if it's written Roatenboorgsawt, oa like in road, oo like in room, aw like in awful.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  43. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

When are we going to get the passenger information boards on East coastway if it's really just released it

44. tallboy7648

Wrong thread. Your gonna have to take that question elsewhere

45. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

The ECW boards are coming with the release of the 313

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Matt The DB 182 need to removed as Passenger Loco on Hamburg-Lübeck because it’s not drive there.
    Its drive only from Hamburg to Rostock.

47. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

The MRCE 182s can be hired in to do anything in reality.

The one query I would have is the MCRE 182s cab. The extra screen seems in an odd place for power information. I would have thought the screen info would be changed over to the other?

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  48. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The MRCE 182 is Leasing by other Company’s for Passenger Trains. 062BDB10-6B71-4D26-8397-3B247F373943.jpeg

49. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Rather than buy this route at full price today, I’ve just bought Clinchfield Railroad at a 25% discount using a £35 wallet top up from CD Keys for only £30.49.

Bargain.

• Like Like x 4
  50. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yup, can always guarantee yourself a discount by buying from CD Keys or ShopTo.

Really good sale on DLC right now too considering 2 of the 3 latest releases already have around 25% off.

• Like Like x 2