Br101 Energy Management And "dud" Ks2 On Hrr

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cwf.green, May 10, 2021.

Tags:
  1. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

I made a timetable run last night where I tried to use regenerative braking as much as possible (wherever it was safe to do so) which meant slowing down slightly early for the speed reductions (or supplement with some air) and to turn off the power early and let the downhill slopes accelerate me to line speed.

The timetable service was IC2318 (Duisburg - Bochum). Weather was summer clear (I tried to imitate the real weather yesterday in Duisburg).

There seems to be some sound distortion when I record with OBS. I think I managed to somewhat reduce the distortion changing some settings but it's still not 1:1. Hopefully it isn't too bothersome. Any critique/feedback of my driving is very welcome!

There are two instances (18:30 and 20:10 in the video) of Ks2 signals not activating PZB 1000 Hz and the signals are never red after (I've tried this on several runs) so it almost becomes like a 2 signal warning. Is this realistic or a bug?

VIDEO (google drive) (might take some time before streaming works, apologies in advance).

SPOILER: Since I was following a train the last stretch between Essen and Bochum I arrived about 1 min 40s late. What are the criteria for being "late" irl? It also seems like it is impossible to arrive on time in these scenarios in TSW2 (or at least impossible while driving safely).

• Like Like x 1
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

You've been mugged by BUGs :)

PS It is not possible that such a magnet would not be active. This would be against the logic of PZB operation (the block with the signal STOP activates all preceding magnets in that block).

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2021
  3. Alexandreo3

Alexandreo3 Active Member

The Problem is that DTG made a mistake with the distant signals.
    Their Main Signals are showing KS2 so their distanst should be shwoing KS1 but instead the also show KS2.
    And that is also the reason why PZB doesnt activate on those signals they should display a green but wrongly show a yellow.
    DTG didnt do a good job with the Signals approaching Bochum.

I think DB criteria for being late was more then 15 min so your 1 min 40 s would be considerd on time.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  4. cwf.green

Yeah that's what I suspected :/. It is a TSW2-wide issue. I have encountered it on HMA as well (S-bahn at the last two signals approaching Mammendorf. The first signal will be a yellow dud, the second signal is a real yellow).

It seems to me that the script DTG uses for Ks-signals is faulty.

5. cwf.green

It's weird because sometimes there are 2 signals showing Ks2 but other times only one signal is Ks2 the following is Hp0. Usually it goes like this: Ks2-Ks2-Hp0 or Ks2-Ks2-Ks1/green (train ahead moved out of block) and then 1 Ks1 and the next: Ks2-Hp0

Usually on HMA it is Ks2-Ks2-Hp0 since the Hp0 is fixed.

Another bug I've noticed (this one happens on both Ks signals and the Vr): no 1000 hz activation but then a 500 hz magnet activation. This one occurs on HMA and on some timetable runs on HRR (br101).

• Like Like x 1
  6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Here I would have doubts - this following (next) signal could become CLEAR (another train may be moving in the block in front of us). Speculation :) Your version is equally plausible.
    A repeater (with no post plate)?

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2021
  7. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Exactly. This screenshot is from official DB documentation (source):
    Screenshot 2021-05-10 153431.png

I'm afraid this happens way too often and consistently on HRR for it to be a train in front of you, though - to be fair - I haven't checked the map to prove it. It's simply an error in DTG's signalling.

• Like Like x 1
  8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This is all true, in the case, when approaching a distant signal, the next one after it is other than RED. I used to check on the map ages ago but I stopped because that doesn't make sense. On the other hand, signaling in TSW is not free from errors :) yeah

Nice picture \ o /

• Like Like x 1