Roadmap Update - 4th May 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, May 4, 2021.

1. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Today is Rapid Transit day. :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Cotax

Cotax Well-Known Member

Why are you so sure? I really hope so too (even bought 182 yesterday), but i have a feeling the update will happen along the Hamburg on thursday.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Adam said the update comes on Tuesday

• Like Like x 2
  4. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

I hope just its not coming very Late Today

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

When’s Long Island?

6. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

At a later Time. They said for 3 weeks it can take to 8 weeks.

7. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Ah good I just came into this thread to ask this very thing. Hopefully it is today

8. osiegmund9

osiegmund9 Well-Known Member

Updates are usually rolled out on tuesday so it´s possible.

9. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

It's a simple decision to do that! They choose Tuesday for safety.... When there is something wrong they can fix it a day later and bring the new release on time without the issues. It's a risk to release an update and a new release together at the same time.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

If I remember right, they said RT will have a good chance to be released along with the patch for Hamburg (should be today) with Long Island as an outside chance of being released same time. Long Island is most likely to hit a week or so after. I am going to guess its going to be same patch needed for the 313 which cant be far off

• Like Like x 2
  11. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I secretly hope for the RailDriver implementation for the 182 ... would bring back some freight action to German routes for me ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Adam said the 182 updates were behind as they were down a team member, so the 182 won't be updated for now. (But he might have just been talking about livery editor compatibility)

• Like Like x 2
  13. hyperlord

3,3 GB Patch (Steam) is downloading now ... damn got 1,5 more working hours until I can start the game :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

PSN update is also available now... and I'm on vacation :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. TinTin_57

How big is the file on PSN?

16. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Just to confirm update is 19GB on PSN

17. TinTin_57

Wow!!! A meaty one then

18. Luke8899

19GB? Maybe LIRR shipped today too then

• Like Like x 1
  19. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Mine just has 2,083 GB :o

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

Oooh I hope so!

21. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

What exactly is the update for

22. dcnine#5410

dcnine#5410 Well-Known Member

Big updates to LIRR and Rapid Transit, things like livery designer capabilities, PIS boards, TSW2 skies, bug fixes, and a new timetable on RT. There are more other things, but those are the most notable ones.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  24. hyperlord

• Like Like x 2
  25. tallboy7648

That is one big list. I must say I am happy that the lirr fixes are done but that route came out almost 8 months ago. The fact that it's taken almost 8 months for an update of fixes to be released is unacceptable so I really hope dtg learn from this and test and fix issues PRIOR to release which should've been done in the first place to be honest, move them through qa quickly and release bug fixes when they are done and not wait so long to actually release them (the lirr bug fixes for done 3 months ago) or not have a "preserved collection" system of porting old routes to a different game because it seems to have clearly caused more problems.

I may have a crack at Rapid Transit. I got the route for free but never used it because it just wasn't good looking and riddled with bugs. Maybe I'll get the 182 down the line as well if I am impressed

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  26. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Wow Dtg used the completely wrong PIS Boards for Long Island Rail Road TrainSim-Adam
    Look how it’s showing on the boards In real life and DTG used it from SEHS. FF873BEA-0637-4314-A4F1-9237768DA14B.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  27. tallboy7648

Care to show a image of the pis in game for the lirr? There have always been pis boards in the lirr route but they were never working until now and the boards themselves looked somewhat accurate so are you talking about the display itself or the board because the board itself when they were modeled looked accurate. Were the boards changed? All they really would have to do is get the pis displays to work. There wouldn't be a need to remodel the pis boards at all depending if some stations had a different looking board.

• Like Like x 3
  28. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I find it unbelievable how DTG has been almost 'hyping' up this update for LIRR that will include PIS Displays, and then gets them completely incorrect.

• Like Like x 2
  29. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

If they're "completely incorrect," for the life of me I can't see how. Wrong number of dots used to form the letters?

30. ZeenozPlays

[​IMG]
    IRL Destination Boards

[​IMG]
    In-Game Destination Boards.

First off, the time is 24-Hour Time instead of 12-Hour Time. Second, everything looks so condensed. Third, it doesn't show the track the train will arrive on, nor does it show the ETA Tab, also, the '1st' '2nd' '3rd' just isn't supposed to be there. They are inaccurate for the route.

• Like Like x 4
  31. solicitr

Oh, so Adam's team didn't program an entire new PIS routine different from the existing one. Shoot me now. While we're whingeing, we could bring up the use of upper/lower case rather than all caps.

Sheesh.

• Like Like x 2
  32. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I think the issue with the LIRR PIS is that it’s an exact carbon copy of SEHS PIS in both format and information provided, which is obvious wrong for the route and country.

• Like Like x 5
  33. solicitr

Again: you think Adam's little team had the time or resources to program a whole new PIS routine from scratch? Of course it's borrowed- I'm surprised people expected anything else.

Expectations around here really do need a reality check sometimes.

• Like Like x 6
  34. ZeenozPlays

Yeah, copied from SEHS. I don't see why they didn't make the necessary changes to actually make the PIS accurate for this route. It looks completely wrong, and I hope it is fixed.

35. tallboy7648

Ohh. I haven't played the route yet since I'm out at the moment hence why I didn't know. Welp, perhaps it'll get fixed although it's surprising since they said a new system would have to be developed anyways and yet they still get it wrong

• Like Like x 2
  36. tallboy7648

But they kept saying that this new pis system would have to be developed for lirr from the ground up hence why it took longer to implement on this route than rapid transit for example as lirr uses a different style system compared to other routes in the sim so of course people were thinking a new system was gonna be made because that's what they said so you can't criticize people for having that expectation. Nobody was expecting a copy paste from sehs.

You probably wouldn't mind a german pis system on a british route since you have extremely low expectations

• Like Like x 3
  37. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

LIRR really deserves more authentic PIS boards. Didn’t Adam once say that they would only copy PIS from one route to another if they were close enough? The implementation on LIRR contradicts this.

• Like Like x 4
  38. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Well I would’ve thought some modifications would’ve took place to suit the route it is placed on, and more globally the country.

Also expectations differ massively with players, so I disagree when you say expectations need to be checked. Just because you think people expect too much, doesn’t mean that it is true.

The best thing to do is to accept everyone has different expectations and priorities. Sometimes these aren’t always met.

• Like Like x 4
  39. solicitr

It's not quite so subjective as that: expectations which do not take into account the available resources are necessarily going to be unrealistic. Most players seem not to have any idea how much four programmers can - and cannot - do in a month. Judging by the patch note Adam and his three amigos have gone through a staggering job of work as it is, but apparently some people think they should have cured cancer while they were at it.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Nielsen

Seriously, people are simply asking DTG to improve on something that clearly has room for improvement.

• Like Like x 2
  41. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It doesn’t matter what team is making the PIS System, but TrainSim-Adam should care about making the Original PIS Destinations and not using a complete wrong thing what is 100% recycled from SEHS.

• Like Like x 6
  42. tallboy7648

Nobody said they should've cured cancer. When they kept saying that a new pis system had to be developed because the lirr system is different to the british and german routes, people were expecting that to be the case. Nobody was expecting a carbon copy/paste from sehs. Your acting as if that was a high expectation when they kept saying a new system had to be developed and that they were developing a new system for lirr.

I just hope they actually fix that the next time they get to lirr

• Like Like x 3
  43. solicitr

Does "caring" conjure up more staff? Does "caring" add more hours to the day?

44. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

This is a reasonable comment. At no point in the development of PIS systems for preserved routes was it mentioned that they weren't being built to replicate the real thing, rather simply to convey the same information. Remind me before the stream and we'll discuss this during the next roadmap live chat along with other feedback from these updates.

• Like Like x 7
  45. Nielsen

Why do you insist that accuracy requires more staff? DTG has managed to bring realistic PIS to English, German and French routes.
    The preservation crew should be able to reach out to another team and request a modification tailored for LIRR. Apparently it wasn't deemed necessary or feasible, hence the disappointments today.

• Like Like x 3
  46. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

The 182 Livery Editor Is Buggy. And The S6 Services.

Attached Files:

47. tallboy7648

Hopefully when the team comes back to lirr, the pis will get sorted out. Saying that a new style system had to be developed which caused the pis on lirr to take a bit longer compared to rapid transit because a german/british pis system isn't the same to a one seen on lirr gave the impression for me at least and some others that the accurate system was gonna be put in place and not a mostly carbon copy/paste. I wonder why the accurate pis system couldn't be implemented in the first place but I do hope it will get fixed

• Like Like x 2
  48. Luke8899

It isn't broken, so it is unlikely to get 'fixed'. What seems to have happened was that the wrong impression was given, probably because people here think PIS is just the dot matrix screen we see on the platform, whereas for Adam it is the entire system of collecting the info from the timetable and combining it with data from where trains are on the track to present the information, of which the display is only one part. In this case, the lesson is for a clearer presentation of what the user can expect to actually see, rather than a re-do of the PIS.

• Like Like x 1
  49. Luke8899

(This why most companies keep their devs a million miles away from explanations of features)

• Like Like x 2
  50. Nielsen

Regardless, TSW markets itself with the promise of authentically replicated routes. So whenever something appears incorrect it is bound to stir a negative reaction.

• Like Like x 3