PC Penn Corridor Bug List For Next Pc Focus

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by wxtr7, May 5, 2021.

1. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

Since the preservation team is moving onto Penn Corridor I've compiled some things I've reported in the past, both in TSW1 & TSW2 time, to bump them so they hopefully, finally get fixed. I'm really only focused on the locos

F40PH
    > HEP audio plays on starting game play, but switches are all in the off position and no lights in cars. Turning on the HEP plays the shutdown audio before playing the running audio. (For ref, the MP36 works properly, no audio & is off when starting, so it's not that thing where stuff has to be turned on by default by AI - actually the AI will start the HEP in the MP36 and it's startled me a couple times b/c I wasn't expecting it)
    > Many breaker switches in the fuse box are not interactable. Not a huge deal (tho would be nice), but the ones that can’t be messed with are in the ‘off’ position:

upload_2021-5-4_18-28-6.png

MP36PH
    >MP36 engine audio is wayyyyyy too quiet, both inside the cab and outside (my #1 issue with this loco) & there’s also noticeable looping in the engine audio (these date back to TSW1)
    >Opening the windows has very minor, if at all, impact on audio (remains same level)
    >Desk texture issue (as other's have reported)
    >Many switches in the cab are not interactable, but unlike F40 at least the ones that are supposed to be on, are textured ‘on’ But if you can make them interactable, that would be great
    >The HUD traction lockout box is still inversed with the isolation switch (when in run, HUD shows red box, when in start/stop/isolate it’s white) No impact on driving, but the HUD indication is wrong:

upload_2021-5-4_18-30-39.png upload_2021-5-4_18-30-43.png

GP38
    >Audio…It’s an American freight loco…enough said, tho somehow it’s worse than the SPG GP38
    >The bell audio is weird, almost like the first half of each ding is being cut off (the bell is annoying but since it's tied to the horn, this becomes very noticeable)

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. blaze111csx

blaze111csx Well-Known Member

Bugs:
    Overall:
    >lights are way to bright on locos
    >sounds are weird sometimes
    F40PH:
    >the HEP trainline setup switch is messed up, the HUD reads connected to B end only when set to connected F or both ends, which is the setting it spawns on. first of all, thats wrong because the cars are only connected ever to the B end for all the services in-game. Second of all, the game recognizes the connected F or both ends as connected to B end only, so the labeling in the cab is wrong.
    20210505203808_1.jpg
    >Banking comm doesn't work, not a big problem but still.
    >sometimes outside audio glitches if you stand up while the train is moving.
    >sometimes the outside sounds are played inside when switching from an exterior camera to the first person camera
    > (improvement) none of the heaters work, would be nice if they did
    > one time, the engine shut down for no reason and refused to turn on, I've been unable to recreate it.
    >makes the same braking sounds as the passenger cars, which I don't think is right

MP15dc
    > Brakes are weird at times, especially the compressor sounds.
    > on service: extra 07: rescuing a failed train, there is a second MP15dc which is supposed to wait at a red signal for you to get out of it's way, so it can park on a siding. however, it will pass the red signal after waiting for a short time, even if you're on the track in front of it, locking all the switches in it's path and stopping just short of your train if it's in the way, where it will then sit and wait. you can't get out of it's way, you're stuck there. the only way not get stuck is to go REALLY fast.
    > some services have you dealing with freight traffic instead of passenger traffic, a reminder to set the brake cut-out switch accordingly would be good.
    >there's a weird invisible barrier that blocks player movement which is present during all the services at San Francisco Station, running diagonally across the sidings where the MP15dcs spawn for the service "hoppers to newhall", and across the platform next to it.

I've got more, I'll add them when I find the time

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. blaze111csx

Shows approxamatly where the invisible barrier is:
    Untitled drawing (47).png

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I knew I’d encountered a service where the switcher had blocked my path (in TSW2020) but couldn’t recall which one it was and whether it was still an issue in TSW2. This rings a bell, so thanks for including it in your bug list.

5. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

Couple other things I've noticed...
    > Service 380 San Fran - San Jose at 18:15. At San Fran the platform is on the right, but you need to open the doors on the left for the objective
    > Can confirm this route is still affected by the bug where after using an exterior cam and then popping back in the cab, the exterior audio still plays, and you have stand up and sit back down to fix it

Also I started a service where my loco had no audio (it was hard to tell b/c all the other F40s in San Fran), but there was power cause I could move the train, but no engine audio. Restarting the engine fixed it though. This is also completely random and I haven't been able to forcibly repro it, unfortunately. My guess is this is probably my loco randomly not getting priority in the limited number of UE4 audio channels, but who knows...

6. blaze111csx

General stuff:
    > when switching from the in-cab camera to the 2 cab at san Francisco station or in crowded areas, the camera will get stuck inside the lead engine.
    > probably can't be implemented now, but none of the screens in the engines/control cabs work.
    > TMS is non-functional (unless it's just the normal alerter, I don't know)
    >switch audio can be heard outside of the cab
    > the moon shines through clouds
    > lights don't become visible in from the correct distance on trains, it's VERY noticable.
    Bi-level Cab car and passenger cars:
    >no way to turn cabin lights on or off, they are stuck in a premade formation. would be nice if they wern't like other route's passenger stock
    > sometimes when trying to sit in the secondman's seat in the cab car, you will instead clip through a wall and sit in a passenger seat.
    > train headlings blast through walls like this:
    20210506170253_1.jpg 20210506170304_1.jpg

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  7. blaze111csx

MP15dc:
    >start-up audio is glitchy
    >pulling the main breaker leaves the engine running
    >there is a strange buzzing noise, like a refrigerator or water cooler, in the cab at all times, most audible when the engine is off
    >all the heaters work even if you cut the main breaker.
    >switch audio can be heard outside of the cab when moved by AI.
    >train movement audio reverberates strangely in cabs of other trains/passenger cars.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  8. blaze111csx

Gallary Cab Car
    >Air conditioning audio plays even when not hooked up to an engine to provide power for said air condoning
    > HEP works without an engine attached
    >All lights and cab equipment work without HEP on
    >All lights and cab equipment work without an engine attached.
    >once again refrigerator-like sounds in the car, same for the passenger cars
    >camera is a bit weird when climbing the stairs to the second level
    >non-functional cab heaters
    > (also for passenger cars)the door closing warning has air conditioning noise in the background

9. blaze111csx

F40ph-2CAT
    >Unlocking the coupler results in this:
    20210506173321_1.jpg
    >fuse light is illuminated even when main circuit breaker is off
    >Couplers are broken 20210506174141_1.jpg >Engine start only works with the switch control and fuel pump set to on
    >glitchy start-up audio

MP36ph
    >Engine start only works with the switch control and fuel pump set to
    >no braking audio when set to passenger

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  10. blaze111csx

GP38-2:
    > headlights do literally nothing, they don't even light up the ground. looks good during the day outside. not in tunnels though. or at night.
    EDIT: the headlight effects are frozen at a point on the ground, see this discussion:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...hts-there-is-something-very-wrong-here.40010/
    20210508174807_1.jpg
    > when opening the crossings between trains, it makes a noise of lowering the crossings but they don't move, only the chains on them do
    > gauge lights don't light up the speedometer or the little numbers that indicate the settings of the dynamic brakes and the throttle
    > platform lights don't illuminate when you look at them from a small distance away, about the same distance as the 2 cam. you have to zoom in to see them
    > headlights effects are glitchy
    >once again the problem with the fuel prime audio

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  11. blaze111csx

ok some new stuff:
    general stuff:
    >there are not one but SEVERAL invisible walls at san Francisco station. I can't mark all of them but I'd say there are at least 6. I am suspecting that they are caused by the player's train spawning, and only seem to happen in the afternoon.
    >there are weird spots at San Francisco station where the audio gets quieter as if you were in a cab, but really you're outside
    >switching to an external camera while the player is in the process of sitting (like while the animation is still playing) down results in the loss of the zoom function and internal cameras, including head-out-of-cab camera. this affects all routes and trains
    F40ph:
    >ditchlights and the high mounted light barely light up ground in the dark. the headlights are impossible to see during the day, though which is great. good job DTG, you fixed the american headlight problem! sort of!
    >rear headlights do nothing except appear lit, don't light anything up at all
    >ditchlights do not pulse after loading a save game. button also becomes nonfunctional.
    >lights sometimes glitch through the cab's edges, and there is a hole in the F40's cab by the window
    gallery cab car:
    >ditchlights do not pulse when horn is sounded
    >headlights are plenty bright at night, but during the day look REALLY weird
    >ditchlights do not pulse after loading a save game. button also becomes nonfunctional.
    MP36PH
    >headlights are wayyyy to bright during the day, fine at night.
    >ditchlights only pulse with headlights set to BRIGHT AUX
    >horn glitches!
    Bi-level cab car
    >strobe lights effects are in the wrong spot, and the strobe light domes don't light up. the effects are glitchy and out of rhythm, and at times seem random. sometimes they don't work even when the breaker is set to on. only turn on when the headlights are set to bright aux. there should be a manual strobe light button
    >bell isn't always in rythem

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. blaze111csx

could I get some confirmation from DTG that these are actually being read? I'm only trying to help here, be nice to know if I'm actually doing anything.

13. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

MP36PH (for me, at least) has no brake audio when set to passenger, but the audio works fine when using the Bombardier bi-level cab car.

14. blaze111csx

you're right it doesnt! I have added that to the list

15. blaze111csx

General problems:
    the black skyline:
    20210512144331_1.jpg
    this is bayshore station. the speed limit here is 65, of which there is a speed limit sign for. however, if you are going to the right at the switch, past that triple signal, the speed limit is 50, which you can't see on the HUD because of the 65 speed limit being about 5 yards from it. there's no sign for the 50 limit either.
    20210512144412_1.jpg

Attached Files:

16. blaze111csx

20210512145101_1.jpg
    perhaps improving the water here would be good? it looks like some kind of black soil instead of water, needs to be more reflectivey. also no shoreline? and again, black line...
    > shading on train cars loads in too slowly, I got all the graphics set to max and car shadows are loading in when they are about 7 yards from me
    >headlights load in too slowly as well

17. blaze111csx

20210512145816_1.jpg
    lights on platforms are visible during the day, and looks weird when it reflects off of stuff. I think they should turn on once it hits night time
    >on service 134 san fransisco to san jose diridon, you get red signals at both Lawerance and Santa Clara station, which only clear when the doors are locked, and signals indicating 50 mph speed limits (yellow, with a flashing green underneath) between the two stations. some of these are correct, but at other points you can go faster but the red signal at santa clara cause the other signals to read that you should go 50 in preparation to stop (50, pass next signal at 40, next signal, stop). you are only able to keep to the timetable if you ignore the signals. shouldn't be that way.
    >sometimes at the end of services the game freezes for 10-15 minutes
    >on services where you are returning "empty" stock to CEMOF some passengers remain on the train
    >on the same services, there is the dashed line thingy which shows where the cars of the train should go, but you need to stop on the stop marker, not on the car guides.
    >said this several times before, but the cab car and MP36PH and MP15dc's headlights are wayyyyyy too bright. in fact the game in general feels too bright, but this IS california where it does tend to be very bright. F40ph's forward headlights are fine, but the rear headlights and the GP38 doesn't have any because of a glitch I mentioned earlier
    > washer fog gets in the cab and causes weird flashes with the headlights

18. blaze111csx

20210512162658_1.jpg
    totally barren, empty spot at santa clara

19. blaze111csx

more headlight complaints! seriously though this would look AMASING if it was night, please don't wreck the night headlighting if possible, but most services are during the day so if it needs to happen, oh well... lights also cut through the passenger car's walls
    20210512165726_1.jpg 20210512162925_1.jpg

20. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

Would there be a line speed sign there in real life, though? I've looked on YouTube and Google but can't find any images/videos looking out the right side of a southbound train coming out of Tunnel 4.

I check the signals before and at the end of the tunnel--if the top signal is green, you're staying on the bypass track at MAS 65mph; if the top signal is yellow and the middle one is flashing green, you're switching tracks and encountering a permanent speed restriction of 50mph over the interlock.

21. blaze111csx

I don't know all I know is I didn't know there was a 50 limit when I did a run of the route today... I'd have to look more closely

22. blaze111csx

I got a few more bugs:
    General
    >RECCOMMENDATION: allow centerbeam flatcars to switch into services on Sand Patch Grade.
    >RECCOMMENDATION: allow the GP38-2 to run on cane creek.
    >RECCOMMENDATION: allow rolling stock and engines from cane creek to run on Penninsula Corridor, and add services for them as well.

GP38-2:
    >as mentioned before, headlights don't have an effect on the surroundings
    >engine runs with main breaker pulled out.
    >when spawning in, the bell is weird for about 5 minutes
    >horn is WAY too quiet. you can only hear it from a little way away, and us locos have train horns which can be heard from miles away. all horns on American engines are too quiet, but this one is the second worst. the worst is the GP9rm.
    >spotter buttons do nothing.
    >no way to turn on the A/C and heaters are non-functional
    >can't turn around all the way when sitting down in the driver's chair, making it hard to drive long hood forward

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  23. blaze111csx

20210521171932_1.jpg
    there's this one spot at the unloading area that creates that weird effect on the fuel tank to anything above it, similar to the coal effect that used to be underneath the loader on SPG

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  24. blaze111csx

> Crossover structure at Bayshore is facing the wrong way, the stairs should be facing the tunnel, not the elevators ( I was just there yesterday)
    > Should be able to see the ocean beyond the pool of water near bayshore
    > The rails on the siding at bayshore are really rusty IRL, but in the game they are as shiny as the mainline rails
    > prime audio on the GP38-2 is correct, thats good. now FIX THE OTHER ONES :)

25. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

I believe you, but a pic says more than a dozen words. ;)
    It's always nice when someone lives nearby to check ingame vs RL.

NB: Ok, I just checked this with Streetview ... obviously nobody in Chatham used this to verify their models. XD

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

According to this, yellow over a flashing green is approach clear 60; for 50 it's yellow over a steady green.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but the water in the ocean when you’re approaching San Francisco is still missing on console. Also there’s a ton of bugs where the sound gets into a loop and the only solution is to move the camera away and back. Although that happens on all routes for me and is likely a core issue, Peninsula Corridor is by far the worst.