Another Sale For Ps But Not Us.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bakedpotatos.jm, May 12, 2021.

1. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

25% off Clinchfield. 35% off HMA and more in the Playstation store.

Thanks Microsoft.

Is there anything DTG can do? This is getting ridiculous that all the other platforms get sales every 2 months but we don't.

• Like Like x 11
  2. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Nope, apparently DTG books every available slot they are given for sales from Microsoft already.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. drdavewatford

drdavewatford Active Member

Source? I've read a number of posts suggesting that DTG don't have any say in DLC discounts on XBOX, but DTG themselves seem reluctant to shed any light on this.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

they have shed the light allot in streams and the answers explaining why are from streams

5. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

There's one possible explanation and it's a 5 letter word....

• Like Like x 2
  6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

money

• Like Like x 2
  7. SHINO BAZ

That's a good guess but not exactly the word i wasn't thinking about.

• Like Like x 3
  8. tallboy7648

LOL I tried. To be serious though it is a shame that xbox players don´t get frequent sales. I think dtg should be banging on Microsoft´s door about this issue because it´s not fair for xbox players

• Like Like x 5
  9. SHINO BAZ

Playstation store has almost every route and add on loco on sale and at really good discounts to it's enough to make a xbox player feel...well lets just say disappointed doesn't even come close.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

With Microsoft , they tend to give all the sales to the bigger games

• Like Like x 2
  11. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

They said so on alot of streams by now, since the same question comes up on almost every one of them, they are far from reluctant. It is just that not everyone watches the streams.

12. tallboy7648

I can also confirm this as well. DTG likes doing sales but sadly it´s out of their hands for xbox players

13. Coastway trainspotter

I wish DTG and MS could come up with some sort of compromise

• Like Like x 3
  14. tallboy7648

Microsoft should just allow dtg to do sales whenever they like. I don´t see the harm in that at all to be honest

• Like Like x 1
  15. SHINO BAZ

Well at least dtg has kindly provided a place for us to complain about it,which is somewhat less depressing then not getting any sales for xbox tsw2 dlc.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  16. SHINO BAZ

With the current situation involving bill gates and his soon tobe ex'wife,microsoft willl probably use that as a excuse as to why they can't have any sales currently because bill gonna need all the extra money he can get to pay her,her monthly alimony checks.The reasons for the lack of sales excuses just get better every month.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I'm still not convinced they've really tried to work with MS on this issue, or maybe they just don't have very good contacts there since it's such a US-focused company.

I see LOADS of games get pre-order discounts on Xbox that are much lower-profile than TSW2, many of them indies/self published- it's clearly NOT just big publishers.

• Like Like x 5
  18. tallboy7648

This could be the case

• Like Like x 2
  19. SHINO BAZ

Today sam said to just wait for a tsw2 dlc sale on the hhl stream,but somebody should have told him we here on xbox have waiting a long long long long long time for a sale,while steam and playstation players haven't.

Normally in the past years dtg would have at least 4 sales on dlc in a year,which it hasn't had in at least a year,but in the last year i haven't seen even 1.(I'm referring to dlc NOT the main game).

I know it's MS call but at this point what could it hurt for dtg to at least inquire why.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  20. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Maybe it would be a solution if there was a general price correction for the TSW2 products on xbox?
    I'm thinking of €8,99 for loco DLCs and €20,99 for routes (and the £ equivalent).

This would offer a fair counterweight to the missing sales and some of the console exclusive paranormal activities which misteriously happen in the released products would be easier forgiven...

And with the regular sales going on on the other platforms it still would be no problem to get the products for a reduced price so it wouldn't even be particulary unfair...

• Like Like x 2
  21. drdavewatford

Things are often priced with the expectation that they'll be discounted by retailers, so when for whatever reason there are no discounts it's difficult to get comfortable with the value on offer. I've bought more than half the available XBOX TSW DLC over the years, and pretty much all of it has been purchased at a discount. While I'd love to pick up the remaining DLC over time, I've simply stopped purchasing for the moment due to the lack of discounts on XBOX. Assuming it's not just me that feels this way, DTG are losing out on a lot of money. They need to be doing more to level the playing field across the different platforms.

• Like Like x 3
  22. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Am I right in thinking Microsoft do a yearly sale in June on DTG products?

I agree with JonnE. I would rather see all locomotives sell for £7.99 and routes sell at £18.99 and do away with all these sales. I am sure the developers would make more money in the long run. Also a discount of say 25% to for pre-ordering. Seems more sense to me than sales of between 25%-90% based on the age of the products.

A lot of the content is now coming out on cd key deals like TS products where you can pick up an item for silly money if they were released over five years ago.

I also agree with the previous poster that DTG are losing out on a lot of money. They should be doing more to level out the playingfield across the different platforms. What right for PC and Playstation should be the same for xBox!!!

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  23. Coastway trainspotter

Is there just an Xbox forums anywhere ? Perhaps the issue could be taken up there

24. blueghost

blueghost Member

You will get NOTHING from these TH¥≥≤$

25. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

For anyone who has missed the answer to this question previously.

We are offered "slots" when it comes to sales on Xbox, Playstation and Steam.

Within these slots we are also required to meet certain criteria. For example games under £20 or Core Game only. Additionally we are sometimes allocated a limit on how much DLC we can discount.

On Playstation and Steam we are offered slots more regularly.

Our retail team is working with Microsoft to get you as many sales as we currently can.

• Like Like x 6
  26. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Thank you for the
    thanks for the heads up, I wasn’t aware how that worked.

27. SHINO BAZ

Well good news i guess dtg got a 1 slot because the tsw2 game on sale.but the dlc not as far as i can tell.

28. drdavewatford

Thanks for responding to the complaints about lack of XBOX discounts and providing a bit more detail about how things work - it's appreciated.
    I'm assuming that the limit on discounted DLC is set to zero since none has been discounted for months - it's a really sore point given the excellent recent DLC discounts on PS and STEAM.
    I'm pleased for DTG that you've been able to discount the base games this week and maybe grow the community.
    There's still absolutely nothing for existing users, though - is there really nothing you can do about this?!
    :-(

• Like Like x 3
  29. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

This week the two main games are on sale. TSW2020 and TSW2 both for about 12 € but no DLC on sale :(

30. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Thank you Natalie for the reply. You must have some busy times these days so this is appreciated that you take care of this issue here as well.

However intepreting the facts at hand strengthens my opinion that it would be worth to consider a general price adaption on the xbox store or some xbox- exclusive content bundles as an alternative.
    With the looping sound bug have some console specific issues which are not likely to be resolved in the upcoming months, if at all, and really reduce the overall quality of the game.

To be honest, your products are top prized which leads to expectations they cannot fulfill at the moment. If a single TSW DLC costs more than another game it has to be spot on to compete.

And what we saw in the last months isn't really. Sorry to say that - as you might have read this a couple of times now I refuse to go into further detail but want to provide you with some other input instead.

With TSW being on Gamepass and the sales for the base game only you are basically attracting new customers which is always good. But they will most likely not stay for long as they might get shocked by the DLC prices. And then move on to another game. While this is not a huge issue on PC (players are used to it because of TS20xx) or PS (sales do happen) it is indeed a problem here.
    I spoke with some friends recently. They all play on xbox, throughout all game genres. All basically said 'TSW? Sounds and looks cool!' although they are not particularly interested in trains. But they were attracted by the idea to have a fantastic chilling experience after a hard day at work and not do something as stressful as some other games are.
    But in the next step everyone was turned off by the DLC prices. They asked for season passed, bundles, etc. and were quite frustrated when they heard that there is no chance for such. And they didn't quite comprehend what preserved collection and a buy of TSW2020 could offer. Basically they said something like 'I don't buy a certain game just that I can have a better experience in the other ' at that point...

And finally - I don't think TSWs core market is big enough to be filled by a permanent income of new customers. It is mandatory to provide the existing player base with some benefits here and there.
    And as PC and PS do get their sales regularly I don't see a problem in some platform exclusive pricing or bundles.

Otherwise there is a high risk of loosing a vast majority of customers with only the most die-hard fans and wealthiest being left.

• Like Like x 2
  31. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Games Workshop has a similar, and brutal, model. They spend tons of time advertising and sucking in new players, and then the veteran players kinda get let by the wayside. They look for volume and not quality. Hopefully DTG isn’t falling into that vein.

32. SHINO BAZ

Putting tsw2 game on sale is always good if you don't have tsw2 yet BUT it doesn't mean much if you already do.

33. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Nearly every internet, electricity, water or mobile phone provider here in germany does the same. Basically the first thing you do when you sign such a contract is looking at when to cancel it correctly... it's like a disease. But the train sim market is not big enough for such a strategy and I think the current sales are basically just everything what was currently offered, not part of a higher marketing plan.

• Like Like x 1
  34. drdavewatford

While I agree that setting a more reasonable price to start with would be preferable to offering discounts on overpriced items (particularly when those discounts don't come....) the "higher price followed by discounts" model is one shared by almost every seller in every market and it's underpinned by human psychology so the chances of DTG lowering prices across the board is a big fat zero....

Sure, I'd love an across-the-board price drop as I agree that £11.99 for a digital representation of a single loco, a few scenarios and some timetabled services is very expensive given the prices of other digital assets competing for my gaming time (you can buy entire AAA games released at the same time as the DLC for less, either on disc or download....). And yet despite this I'd still make the purchase if the price was discounted, even modestly. And so we return to the start of the thread, namely DTG's inability to offer XBOX users the same discounts as are offered to PS and PC users!

35. SHINO BAZ

The problem not the starting prices,it that when sales happen ever platform should get some evenly.Xbox is being left out far to offer and dtg needs to ask why because xbox players spend money to and being left out most of the time is becoming ridiculous unfair.