Roadmap

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by barrow#6847, May 13, 2021.

1. barrow#6847

barrow#6847 New Member

hello everyone, I would really like to understand if I'm the only one who is getting a little tired of this game. The game will be at its best for graphics at the moment, but did publishing and producing only German maps just bore me? I can understand the first year, but this game is almost in its third year and it can't produce anything else, as good as it may be this "rush hour" is always centered on the usual German routes and perhaps some English ones. I honestly got tired of buying routes that as someone said in the end for good or bad are always the same and above all there are always the same locomotives, when will they understand that the time has come to produce other beautiful routes from European countries? Even this Hamburg-Lübeck is in the end not the same, but similar to all the others and also with the same locomotives, why should I throw away € 30?

• Like Like x 5
  2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

If you don’t want German routes, don’t buy them, take a break if you must and wait until something interesting comes along.

I do agree that the German content has been heavy but we just got a pretty fulfilling US freight DLC, before that we got a pretty diverse passenger UK DLC.

Cathcart Circle is looking to release soon too.

Rush Hour will come along with passenger operations for all 3 main countries and isn’t centred around Germany at all.

If the only thing that interests you about TSW is just simply getting new content then it probably isn’t the game for you, it’s a simulator and it centres around simulating what some may see as a mundane job.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Only one of the three rush hours routes is German.

It's up to DTG to decide which routes they wish to make and they can make as many German routes as they desire.

You can just wait until they release something you do like, you do not have to buy everything they make.

• Like Like x 2
  4. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I’ve never played any of the non UK routes that I own yet because the UK routes I have up to now have more than satisfied me. I’ll have to try some non UK routes because I’m probably missing out ( As always finding the time to play them is the killer ) but the UK routes at the moment are still interesting to me and I’ve hardly scratched their surface yet.

Any extra DLC I buy is for UK routes because they are the ones that interest me. It’s all about picking and choosing what you actually want.

• Like Like x 4
  5. barrow#6847

barrow#6847 New Member

[QUOTE = "CK95, post: 311376, member: 11418"] Se non vuoi le rotte tedesche, non comprarle, fai una pausa se devi e aspetta che arrivi qualcosa di interessante.

Sono d'accordo che il contenuto tedesco sia stato pesante, ma abbiamo appena ricevuto un DLC merci per gli Stati Uniti piuttosto appagante, prima di questo abbiamo ottenuto un DLC per passeggeri nel Regno Unito piuttosto diversificato.

Anche Cathcart Circle sta cercando di rilasciare presto.

L'ora di punta arriverà con le operazioni dei passeggeri per tutti e 3 i paesi principali e non sarà affatto incentrata sulla Germania.

Se l'unica cosa che ti interessa di TSW è semplicemente ottenere nuovi contenuti, probabilmente non è il gioco che fa per te, è un simulatore e si concentra sulla simulazione di quello che alcuni potrebbero vedere come un lavoro banale. [/ QUOTE]
    you can't tell me this is a simulation focused game, in itself it is very trivial, train simulator is a really serious game for simulation and I'm the first one who goes looking for this, but then tired of having to always do the same routes, I always esteemed this game but I thought that in recent months they understood that the maps had to be extended to other countries as well

6. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t necessarily say they’ve only been producing German routes. In total so far there have been 5 North American routes, 8 British routes, 8 German routes, and 1 French route. DTG tend to focus on three main countries. The US, Britain, and Germany. This is because most of the players of the game are from these three countries. Also, DTG have a long history of making train simulator that goes back 10+ years, and as a result a lot of research, information, documentation, and experience developing routes from these three countries. I’m sure DTG would love to do routes in other countries in Europe and around the world, but any route they do chose to do may require intense research and information gathering on the country, its trains, and its route network. Also, the fact that it might not appeal to the primary audience has to be taken into account.

As for why German routes often feel all the same, that’s just by nature of the German network. Germany, in contrast to Britain and the US, tends to have the same types of trains across the country. This is realistic, but can also make everything German in the game feel repetitive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. shhweeet#4292

When I first joined here just a few short weeks ago I mentioned in another thread that there is possibly a case for splitting the TSW2 franchise into country specific regions or at the very least continent specific regions. I still believe this would be a good idea and DTG could concentrate their resources on producing DLC for the most popular ones. It seems to me the world is a big place and some people are inevitably not going to be happy with DTG decisions. I make no bones that I’d purchase the UK one but at least I’d know what I was buying and getting into.

• Like Like x 2
  8. barrow#6847

barrow#6847 New Member

I have almost bought all the DLCs without ever complaining because in the end it is a very nice game, but in recent months I was expecting some new European routes and instead they continue to come out always on the usual countries. In the end, the locomotives are always the same if these are used in Germany and for this I say that there is variation because from my point of view I believe that one then gets tired. Mine is not meant to be an accusation because as I have always said this game I have always esteemed it, but I hope they can improve even more. To give an example, create a route that connects Italy to Austria or even Germany and France itself, I know that there would be a super job but it would make those who go to buy more curious and would be more encouraged.

• Like Like x 2
  9. shhweeet#4292

Isn’t train driving like anything boring if you do it or play it for too long. I know a guy who drives a train on the Settle to Carlisle route one of the most scenic lines on the UK. When I said he was a lucky guy to be able to play his trade on such a magnificent and challenging line especially in winter he replied “ When I retire I never EVER want to travel that dam line again!”:o:)

• Like Like x 6
  10. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

With all due respect, I think this is a slippery slope of an idea. Firstly, I presume someone like me, who enjoys routes from everywhere, would have to buy multiple versions of the game. Secondly, if DTG concentrate on the "most popular" country or region, a lot of players are going to be short changed in available DLC. It would be like a bookstore which only stocks best sellers from a particular country in a particular language.. I think you have a mindset which is sometimes seen on the forum: a kind of "country-centric" outlook which flies in the face of DTG's policy which is that this is a game for everyone. No borders, no favorites. It's not a British game, not a German game, not an American game, and the forums should and, for the most part thankfully, reflect that.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  11. barrow#6847

barrow#6847 New Member

Finally someone who understands my speech, people who write "take a break and don't buy that DLC" It should be a game like the same train simulator trying to produce routes from different countries. People get tired if the same maps are created over and over again.

• Like Like x 3
  12. shhweeet#4292

I think your misunderstanding my point because I’ve nothing against none UK routes being developed or included even though I haven’t found the time to play any none UK routes yet. I’m pretty sure that when I do get around to doing so I will enjoy them, quite possibly even more than the UK routes. My point was I was looking at it more from the DTG point of view. To me it seems they are trying to be all things to all men and I don’t think they can be hence the comments on here about there not being enough variety or routes from countries not currently being included and existing routes not being fully developed. Also people saying they are sick of the usual German, American, and UK routes being the same old boring fare. Yes I personally prefer UK routes ( At the moment ) but that has nothing to do with the wider business debate. Put it this way. Do you want routes included from everywhere in the world but not developed to their full potential because of the sheer size of the task and DTG trying to do the impossible and keep everyone happy, or would you maybe like DTG to concentrate more on a specific area and develop that area to its full potential with a fantastic variety of detailed and long routes and a huge variety of locomotives and stock to buy for it? I guess that everyone’s personal choice to make and decide on and DTG’s choice as to which would be the most beneficial. I again point out that this has nothing to do with my own current preference for UK routes but everything to do with the wider issue. If it meant you had to buy multiple versions of the game would that be such a bad thing if say your preference was for German and American routes but those two versions of the game had better more detailed routes and more variety of rail stock enjoy? Sometimes it’s better to go for quality over several versions of the game rather than quantity in just the one game. Just my opinion. ​

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Mainstay

Mainstay New Member

I would love to see Dutch, Norwegian and Swiss scenery, trains and routes

• Like Like x 1
  14. shhweeet#4292

A recent poll on here at the time of typing says 80% prefer UK routes. A poll on YouTube about Rush Hour shows a preference for the BML. Doesn’t that tell us something?

Yes it could be viewed concentrating TSW2 into specific countries or region editions is selfish but you can’t argue with popular opinion. ​

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  15. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It's a self-licking ice cream cone. There is a preference for British routes because the majority of the player base are British. Restrict TSW to British content and soon 100% of the player base will be British.

• Like Like x 7
  16. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'm unable to find this poll. Could you link it please. I'm curious. Thanks.

17. shhweeet#4292

Apologies. I miss read the poll it was a poll asking which was the favourite part of the UK, for TSW. England, Scotland, Wales, N Ireland. Disregard that I need to get some new bi focals. The YouTube poll was correct though.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  18. shhweeet#4292

I take your point but if a TSW2 American edition or TSW2 French edition for example was pushed in those countries wouldn’t they also get a big fan base there? Surely it’s not just the British that have an interest in trains especially their own?

Anyway it’s all irrelevant at the end of the day because DTG have decided it’s a global game which is fair enough, I just think that makes it harder for them to keep a global market happy within the one edition rather than individual ones.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

I usually buy German routes because I live in Germany, and I'm interested in driving these routes, I can understand other opinions, but that's my opinion

• Like Like x 3
  20. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

I enjoy any routes I might never get to see in person, plus the ones I know. Maybe I am easily pleased

• Like Like x 2
  21. shhweeet#4292

Imagine how many routes and trains you could drive in a TSW2 France edition or Holland edition that you wouldn’t get to see in person. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  22. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

Totally agree! Don't know why they don't work on new features...but just on the same and same...like i said game starting to be boring...hope these updates will make something happen on the game...let's see....