Mannheim Hbf- Stuttgart Hbf Via Bruchsal

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by HamioSamio098, May 16, 2021.

1. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

The Line
    Running for a grand total of 81.46 miles (yes this is long), this line runs from the industrial city of Mannheim to the capital of Bäden Wurttemberg, Stuttgart.
    Stations
    Major Stations in Bold.
    Mannheim Hbf

Mannheim ARENA
    Mannheim Seckenheim
    Mannheim Freidrichsfeld Süd
    Heidelburg Pfaffengrund/Wieblingen
    Heidelberg Hbf
    Heidelberg Kirchheim/Rohrbach
    St.Ilgen-Sandhausen
    Wiesloch-Walldorf
    Rot-Malsch
    Bad Schönborn-Kronau
    Bad Schönborn Süd
    Ubstadt-Weiher
    Bruchsal
    Bruchsal-Tunnelstraße
    Bruchsal Schlachthof
    Heidelsheim Nord
    Heidelsheim
    Helmsheim
    Gondelsheim-Schloßstadion
    Gondelsheim (Baden)
    Diedelsheim
    Bretten Bahnhof
    Bretten-Rechburg
    Bretten-Ruit
    Knittlingen-Kleinvillars
    Ölbronn-Dürrn
    Maulbronn West
    Ötisheim
    Mühlacker
    Mühlacker Rößlesweg
    Illingen (Wurttemberg)
    Vaihingen (Enz)
    Sersheim
    Sachsenheim
    Ellental
    Bietigheim-Bissingen
    Tamm (Wurttemberg)
    Asperg
    Ludwigsburg
    Kornwestheim Personnenbahnhof
    Stuttgart Zuffenhausen
    Stuttgart Feuerbach
    Stuttgart Nord
    Stuttgart Hbf

Operators and Rolling Stock

3 operators will be featured: These being DB Regio (under S Bahn Rhein Neckar banner), Abellio Rail Baden Wurttemberg and AVG. 3 trains will be included, these being:
    DB BR 442 (between Stuttgart, Bruchsal and Heidelberg)
    DB BR 425 (between Mannheim and Bruchsal)
    GT8 100C (between Bruchsal and Mühlacker)

The following can be layered
    DB BR 420 (between Stuttgart and Bietigen-Bissingen)
    Services
    Abellio Rail Baden Wurttemberg (operated by DB BR 442)
    RE 10a Mannheim-Heilbronn [ends at Heidelburg]
    RE 10b Mannheim-Heilbronn [ends at Heidelberg]
    RE 17b Heidelberg-Stuttgart
    RB 17a Pforzheim-Stuttgart [starts at Mühlacker]
    RB 17c Bruchsal-Stuttgart

S Bahn Rhein Neckar (operated by DB BR 425)
    S1 Homburg-Osterbrucken [starts at Mannheim, ends at Heidelberg]
    S2 Kaiserslauten-Mosbach [starts at Mannheim, ends at Heidelburg]
    S3 Germersheim-Karlsruhe [starts at Mannheim, ends at Bruchsal]
    S4 Germersheim-Bruchsal [starts at Mannheim]

Karlsruhe Stadtbahn [AVG] (operated by GT8 100C)
    S9 Bruchsal-Mühlacker

Pictures
    [​IMG]
    Mannheim Hbf

[​IMG] Heidelberg Hbf

[​IMG] Stuttgart Hbf

[​IMG] DB BR 442

[​IMG] DB BR 425

[​IMG] GT8 100C

Final Words
    To be honest, I don't see this route happening yet due to its length. But, don't go anywhere yet, this route does feature trams, sort of. As they don't do any form of street running, I feel this would be a brilliant start towards trams. Also, there are a lot of stations to go to and a decent selection of services to go along with it.

• Like Like x 6
  2. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

I was contemplating on whether or not I should suggest this route today! Mannheim - Stuttgart should definitely be made - with the addition of the ICE 1 (which I think operates on that route).

• Like Like x 1
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and furthermore can join up with my suggestion The Transborder Appenweier-Strasbourg Railway which is on my signature if the Appenweier-Bruschal section is built. That way there's ICE Line 82 services with TGV Euroduplex and DB BR407 ICE3 MS this route going the faster way to Paris Gare L'Est via Strasbourg LGV Est.

4. stohbeule0

stohbeule0 New Member

Nice Idea, but I think too long for DTG xD

5. arazhul.hauer

arazhul.hauer New Member

This route would be really nice we never had it before. But Stuttgart mainstation is since 2010 a big contration side parts of the mainstation had been demoliThis route would be really nice we never had it before. But Stuttgart mainstation is since 2010 a big contration side parts of the mainstation had been demolisht so route should be please build in a state before 2010 that would be really nice becoure I personlly don't wont to have Stuttgart mainsation as a constartion side on a route.

Stuttgart mainstation today:
    1599847490937,stand-des-projekts-102__v-16x9@2dXL_-77ed5d09bafd4e3cf6a5a0264e5e16ea35f14925.jpg
    As a little research help for DTG I post here the link to the Landesarchiv BW were you can find almost all of the station blueprints who are older then 30 years for exmalpte the contration plans for Stuttgart and Mannheim station:https://www2.landesarchiv-bw.de/ofs...1279&klassi=001&anzeigeKlassi=001.014.002.001

Landesarchiv_Baden-Wuerttemberg_Staatsarchiv_Ludwigsburg_K_412_IV_DO_10858_Bild_1_(2-1945825-1).jpg Landesarchiv_Baden-Wuerttemberg_Staatsarchiv_Ludwigsburg_K_412_IV_DO_7433_Bild_1_(2-1942152-1).jpg

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  6. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

I've got some small corrections and additional details for your suggestion:
    It's Baden (as you have correctly written further below), not Bäden and it's Württemberg, not Wurttemberg.

The full designation of these vehicles is actually GT8-100C/2S, the 2S referring to their two system capability, as these vehicles are able to run on the tram network in Karlsruhe and on the national rail network in the Karlsruhe area. This system came to be known as the Karlsruhe Concept, as this was the first time such a combination of Trams and Trains was ever implemented.

Further Rolling Stock on this route includes:

GoAhead Baden-Württemberg:
    Between Stuttgart and Karlsruhe, GoAhead Baden-Württemberg operates the InterRegio-Express (IRE1) and the Regional-Express (RE8) between Stuttgart and Würzburg via Bietigheim-Bissingen.
    BR 428 (4 cars) / BR 1430 (6 cars) (Stadler FLIRT 3)
    [​IMG]

S-Bahn Rhein-Neckar & Karlsruher Netze
    This is the new train for the S-Bahn and for regional services between Karlsruhe and Mannheim. Whilst they are already in service on the S-Bahn, the regional services will get their vehicles next year.
    BR 462 (Siemens Mireo)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stadtbahn Karlsruhe:
    GT8-100D/2S-M
    [​IMG]
    ET 2010
    [​IMG]

Usually, there are no IC or ICE services on this line. The suggested route runs via the classic line between Bruchsal and Stuttgart which only sees high-speed services if the parallel running high-speed line would be closed.

• Like Like x 2
  7. roguejulia

roguejulia New Member

Love the suggestion but I have one addition:
    The S5 running between Stuttgart Hbf (goes further to Schwabstraße but that wasn't included in your suggestion) and Bietigheim - Bissingen. It would be great because it would stop at every station along the way and the BR 423 and other S-Bahns running on that route are already in the game via other add-ons.

edit: one more positve: S5 stops in Asperg which is the Donkey Town, so there are donkey statues basically everywhere; that's just too perfect for the donkey easter-eggs.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1