Greetings From Philadelphia!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by amhildreth, May 14, 2021.

1. amhildreth

amhildreth New Member

Hey all, Andy here.
    I spent most of my life in Rochester, NY, and moved here to Philly just a few years ago. Aside from being a train fanatic since I was very young, my Great-Grandfather was a long-time employee of the BR+P, and my Great-Uncle spent most of his career designing and building at General Railway Signal. My minuscule claim to railroad fame is, as a broadcaster and voice-over guy, I narrated the entire Engineer training program for the GE ES44DC. All 280+ pages worth. I am in love with this game (especially the Canadian Routes). I need to learn how to build in it, so I can recreate some of my favorite routes from back home like the Genesee + Wyoming, or the Livonia, Avon+Lakeville RR. I look forward to chatting with everyone, and learning as much as I can from all of you!

• Like Like x 2
  2. FrankieAbbott

FrankieAbbott Member

Hello and welcome Andy. Nice introduction that you gave us there. I'm predominantly a UK loco/routes fan but I'm always willing to hear about other players gaming and route preferences. I go for the fun and nostalgia factor of being able to drive trains on UK routes over the actual simulation side of the game. (I'm playing on console rather than a PC). Hope that you continue to have fun and eventually learn how to make your own content. Keep posting.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Hello Andy and welcome to the forums

• Like Like x 1
  4. DIFFLOCK

DIFFLOCK Active Member

Then you must be playing Train Sim World and not TS2021 ;)

Hi Andy and welcome. I'm English, but love running freight across the USA, although saying that, the West Coast Main Line which runs through Preston Station over here is my "local", so I do have an interest in UK railways - steam, electric and diesel power. Are you using TS2021 or Train Sim World?

5. FrankieAbbott

FrankieAbbott Member

I thought it was TSW 2021. Didn't XBox players get their TSW versions of the game 'upgraded' to 2021? I'm confused now! Anyway.....what I do know is that I'm playing some form of TSW that isn't TSW2.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  6. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

TSW2 is marketed as a separate game, at least on the PC side of things (Steam).

• Helpful Helpful x 1