Royle Train

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by thestrudwicks, May 17, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

40.9%
  2. No

59.1%
  1. thestrudwicks

thestrudwicks Member

I think it could be a nice feature to add the Royal train to UK routes be interesting to see what other people think Screenshot_20210517-164634_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  2. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

Uhm i think you accidently posted the Picture twice + Does this run on all Routes in the UK?

• Like Like x 1
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As a fitting nod to her family’s heritage, Her Majesty The Queen is ferried around Britain in a German freight train.

• Like Like x 6
  4. thestrudwicks

thestrudwicks Member

Sorry yer for some reason my phone had a bit of a fit lol as far as I am aware it can travel anywhere on the network as it is a royal train I belive it also has the highest priority on the network ie it has the ability to never get stopped to wait for another loco movement

5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

An excellent idea and if you are wondering if this will bring in another classic train simulator 21 locomotive the train simulator World 2 that is the class 67

• Like Like x 1
  6. lukereynolds1

lukereynolds1 Well-Known Member

Haven't purchased any loco/train dlc, but this one would be incredibly interesting and I think it would be a welcome addition to TSW2. What a great idea! It could be something that you could take to each UK based route, have lots of fun in scenario planner, while still maintaining a sence of realism. Love it!

• Like Like x 2
  7. thestrudwicks

thestrudwicks Member

That was my thinking behind it

• Like Like x 1
  8. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

I think unlikely for security reasons.

• Like Like x 1
  9. thestrudwicks

thestrudwicks Member

Then again you could say that for any loco that is made as u get to see how to take full control of it

• Like Like x 1
  10. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Her families heritage? You do know where the Anglo-Saxons came from yeah?

11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I wasn’t going that far back, I was thinking more of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, both of whom were from the same German family. Anglo-Saxons probably came from the same place.

12. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Good luck getting reference info for that! I think there's only ever been a handful of photos of the interior made public

13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

So much so, all newspaper articles have to beef up their articles about it (Royal stuff sells papers) with pictures of the posh carriage interiors of former royal trains. The current ones look like a Travelodge.

14. dhekelian

My point was the Germanic link is part of England's make-up to answer your slur and the current Queen's ancestry can be traced back to Saxony. And no the Angles and Saxons did not come from the same place.

15. donaldhuisam

donaldhuisam New Member

This is a great idea, considering that this train looks rare and very prestigious. I would very much like to go on such a train. In general, trains are my love, I really love trains and constantly travel only on them, I believe that this is the safest and most comfortable form of transport. I have very comfortable trains in Germany and the schedule is amazing, trains are never late, even if some bad weather has happened. Very often in the schedule on dbfahrplanauskunft there are discounts on departures to other countries and I take advantage of this opportunity and buy tickets. It's very convenient to buy tickets online, I do this very often.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  16. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

What's the point in bumping a year old thread? And as stated the Royal Train is subject to the highest levels of security and there is no way anyone would get access for research let alone make a detailed interactive 3D model of it for a public simulator. When it does get used, only a few occasions each year not regular outings like (say) the VSOE or whatever it's called these days Pullman.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Already reported as necroposting. this is a new user so not likely to know "how the forum works"

18. dtg_jd

dtg_jd Staff Member

Honestly speaking, I don't mind new players exploring the forums and commenting on things they like the look of (whether it's likely to happen in-game or not). I'd class necrobumping as bumping your own thread to reinstigate the conversation to serve your own needs, and from what I can gather, that's not the case.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  19. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

3a7.jpg

20. dhekelian

I actually agree with you for once. Anybody should be able to revive an old thread if it is relevant to what they are saying that is and if like you say is just not bumping. I ran many forums in the past and we had system with older threads. Old threads with a lot of replies in we left it alone as it was useful for the new players and ones that did not see much activity we put in an archive section in the forum. This was a large forum and the system seemed to work very well.

• Like Like x 1
  21. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

True. The Anglo-Saxons make up a large part of England's culture.
    But that forgets the Norman/French...
    And the Danes/Scandinavians/Vikings...
    And the Britons...
    And the Celts...
    And the Irish...
    And those brought in via colonialism...
    And all the others.

22. dhekelian

I think you have assumed I forgot as I never said anything of the sort. I just said the Germanic link is part of England's make up which it is. England was still Anglo-Saxon under the Normans, it was only the elite who were French and it was a Norman king that brought Old English back to court. The Danes/Scandinavians/Vikings? You mean the Norse and Danes? Yes they had a minor effect as did the others you mentioned.