Dtg, Quality Policy

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by breblimator, May 14, 2021.

?
  1. yes

139 vote(s)
    84.2%
  2. no

26 vote(s)
    15.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I have been supporting this project by buying many routes at full price but every day I am more and more convinced that doing this is a mistake. Being released with almost no quality control, you have to suffer with multiple errors and bugs. I think it's better to wait for a discount, because some things have already been corrected thanks to the reports of betatester customers, so in addition to saving money you will enjoy it much more.
    This is bad business for DTG, because if a few people do it, nothing happens, but if a lot of people do it, they lose thousands of pounds.
    But if the best they can tell us to convince us to buy their products is "if you don't like it don't buy it because it's probably not for you" instead of taking the community's criticisms and requests seriously, I honestly think they deserve it.

• Like Like x 12
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Hopefully proper answers will be given

• Like Like x 1
  3. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Dovetail is really bad because they rushed all the Content, and not Interessted to fixed the Scenery like on SEHS or broken sounds.
    They have lied to us because of the Talent 2 sound fixing, it’s the Same with is terrible and nonexistent.
    Import the Köln-Aachen Sound and we want happy.

The only thing they care is the Profit and Money for less work, but DTG don’t listen or hear the feedback like with the high entry Dostos.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. DampWool

DampWool Member

It's as if they have someone like Chris Grayling leading.

• Like Like x 2
  5. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

You know, in my ~2 years on the forums I think this is the first time the overwhelming response from active forum members has been largely the same and hasn't turned into a battle of DTG fan bois vs anti-DTG. I think that says a lot...

Anyway, I tried LIRR again last night. I at least got a train that had proper traction audio. I started my run with ATC on (before the update, I knew where ATC tended to get buggy and I just toggle it on and off where it causes issues), but I had to turn it off after about the second stop b/c now every station has a 15 MPH ATC block protecting it. If the TSW2 dispatcher is that limited that in order to get things working properly, you have to hack a solution together by enforcing essentially a "stop" at each platform, then it's time to rework the dispatcher altogether. This was already apparent for those that play bakerloo, but this bleeding into other routes can't happen. By the time I finished my run last night, I didn't feel the same satisfaction I usually do b/c at this point driving without the safety systems just feels weird.
    I also noticed that ATC changed when going into NY Penn. Before, the last signal in the tunnel would restrict you to 40, then immediately exiting that signal would give you the 15 into the platforms. Now, the 40 comes when you exit the tunnel and 15 comes later. I don't know what's correct, but I would side with the former as I doubt MTA want's trains flying into NY Penn at 40 MPH.

• Like Like x 7
  6. tallboy7648

All lirr trains are restricted to 15 MPH when arriving at Penn Station. In tsw2020, that was properly simulated in the atc and in tsw2 pre lirr patch. This patch for some reason changed that

7. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

I love This game, and just my humble opinion, but Dovetail ain’t ever gonna change as long as we keep lining up to pay the coin for their wares. Money talks, and they’re not a charity. I’d love it if they prove me wrong, cause they have an awesome product, when they actually put some care into it.

• Like Like x 4
  8. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

I don't always watch streams I usually catch up a few days later or something but the HHL stream a couple of weeks ago where matt fell out of the dostos summed it up for me, I wasn't going to purchase this route. It broke immersion for me I always buy day one for German and British content. Rush hour gave me hope then we got it released a few days before the big announcement and now QA failed to see PZB issue. All of this has really put me off buying products from DTG for now. Cathcart circle never interested me so wasn't purchasing it anyways. I feel it has all been building up for a while now. SEHS I purchased and only drive 465 don't even bother with HS LGV route was underwhelming HMA is good with layers. HHL scenery is very nice, stream will be interesting tomorrow night and we need answers as a paying customer are we not thought of in the process, reused stock hasn't bothered me if I'm honest I get it but to use wrong dostos for HHL is beyond repair for me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

I sincerely hope that Adam's team will go back -- perhaps with some aid from one of the main teams? -- and rework LIRR and RT before continuing with the next batch of preservation 'upgrades.' It would be a rather poor showing to keep these routes in such a sorry state for another 6-8 months whilst other routes in the preserved collection are worked on.

• Like Like x 3
  10. tallboy7648

I agree. Perhaps they are doing that as we speak. I think it would be ridiculous if they don't.

11. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I can confirm that Adam is working on a hotfix for the LIRR and RT update.

We are currently collecting a list of what will be included but I'm sure he will share more information with you about it during tomorrow's stream.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I'm getting depressed by the content of this thread. DTG Natster, do us all a favor and lock him up, please. Enough already. BR

• Like Like x 6
  13. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Locked at OP's request.

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.