Höllentalbahn Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by drnicktgm#1259, May 18, 2021.

?
  1. Yes that's an very interesting route and I would definitely buy it

21 vote(s)
    91.3%
  2. Sorry but No, I like much modern routes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Only if it would be cheaper

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

upload_2021-5-18_15-18-5.png
    The Höllentalbahn is a railway line that partially runs through the Höllental valley in the Black Forest of Germany. The line connects Freiburg im Breisgau with Donaueschingen, a distance of 74.7 km (46.4 mi). After leaving Freiburg Hauptbahnhof, the main station for the city of Freiburg, the Höllentalbahn diverges from the mainline Mannheim–Karlsruhe–Basel railway to the east. It the crosses over the mainline on a flyover and serves two further stops within the city, before starting its ascent of the Höllental.
    High points on the stretch of the line through the Höllental include the Hirschsprungfelsen (a rock formation) and a crossing of the Ravenna Gorge on the 40-metre (131 ft) high Ravenna Bridge. The section of the line between Hirschsprung and Hinterzarten has a steep maximum gradient of 5.5%, betraying its origin as a rack railway.
    After leaving the Höllental, the Dreiseenbahn railway to Seebrugg diverges at the spa town of Titisee, close to the Titisee lake. The town of Neustadt follows, where electrification ends and through passengers normally need to change trains.
    Further on, between Neustadt and Donaueschingen, the viaduct at the former Kappel Gutachbrücke station [de] crosses the Wutach at the beginning of its long gorge. While in a 535-Meter (1,755 ft) tunnel near Döggingen station, the line crosses a main European watershed, between the Rhine drainage basin and the Danube drainage basin
    upload_2021-5-18_15-20-46.png
    upload_2021-5-18_15-21-40.png
    The Höllentalbahn has 15 tunnels on its railway section. Nine of them are on the section between Freiburg and Neustadt (front section) and six of them are on the section between Neustadt and Donaueschingen (back section). The longest tunnel is the Dögginger Tunnel with a length of 535 metres. It passes beneath the European watershed between the Black Sea and the North Sea. All the tunnels on the back section between Neustadt and Donaueschingen were built with the building of the railway section; in contrast to the front section between Freiburg and Neustadt, where the Sternwald-Tunnel with a length of 514 metres and the Loretto-Tunnel with a length of 302 metres were built with the relocation of the railway section between Freiburg main station and Freiburg-Littenweiler in 1934. The lower Hirschsprung tunnel was originally 121 metres long but was then shortened to 114 meters
    upload_2021-5-18_15-22-47.png

On the route we would get the DB Br1440, usually there were Br146.2 and the Br143, this line is a special German route, that has very epic scenery, I hope that you like this route too!

Here is a video of the full ride on the route

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

This route seems interesting and with the inclusion of the 1440, we wouldn´t get another route with recycled content

• Like Like x 1
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Very interesting route and if one travels the entire length it's actually joins with the black forest railway another suggestion of yours it's also found on sister game train sim 21. Even better once the steam locomotives bundle the route with Black Forest Railway and the Wutachtalbahn because in the Deutsche Reichsbahn years all three routes were operated with steam locomotives the DB BR085/095 Steam locomotive. Before the 1950s this route used a 20kv 50hz system that's why steam locomotives were used here provided a retro pack like GWML Legends were to be made for this route.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'm missing a poll option: "yes, if it includes even older rolling stock"

The suggested trains still look too modern to me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. drnicktgm#1259

There are also older Dostos that we don't have in the game and also the Br110 I think, I can't remember the video but they said something about it

6. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Even further back in the day, the Höllentalbahn saw InterRegio services, which were hauled by the BR 111 (if I recall correctly), which is a little older than the 143, being built in the mid-'70s.

I myself also want to see older locomotives and loco hauled trains (hence my two suggestions for '90s routes using older locomotives), although I still think that the Höllentalbahn, in any era, is a really interesting route, as it offers single track running, through narrow valleys and up gradients.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree with you on that one and speaking of DB BR111 it's the West German equivalent to the East German DB BR143 and the East German designation is DR BR243. Because when the DB BR111 was built Germany was divided into half Federal Republic of Germany which is West Germany and the other is German Democratic Republic East Germany. If a retro pack were to be made for this route it must be all West German Deutsche Bundesbahn locomotives. Deutsche Bahn was formed in 1994 when both West German Deutsche Bundesbahn and East German Deutsche Reichsbahn merged.

• Like Like x 1
  8. drnicktgm#1259

9. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

This route would be especially nice since it also comes with new rolling stock (Alstom Coradia Continental), so it adds diversity not only route and gameplay wise, but also for the rolling stock :)

• Like Like x 1