Roadmap Update - 18th May 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, May 18, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Read the article here.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 18
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  2. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

"That said, neither the game update or new route release went without a hitch and our focus for today's Roadmap stream will be on addressing the concerns players have raised since these releases."
    I really hope there will also be put focus on DOING something about it, not only talk about it! Stuff on the stream always sounds nice and promising, but what we eventually really get is a totally different thing, I really hope that actions will follow your words! :)

• Like Like x 25
  3. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Wow Nothing!!!
    How about fixing the 112 Headlights that your 3D Artist make really awful and absolutely wrong.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It could be a long stream. Although words are meaningless without actions.

I hope the stream sets out:

1. What went wrong? The brutal, honest truth.
    2. What is being done to stop this from happening again?
    3. What important lessons have been learned?
    4. How updates will be handled and managed more effectively in the future?
    5. When the fixes to LIRR and RT are now likely to see the light of day?

• Like Like x 27
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

what a rubbish roadmap 2 weeks to be told nothings changed not good enough 313 was in development before sehs was even announced come on DTG get act together it’s 1 train funny how the foreign routes pushed out right left and centre yet when it comes to this no further progress smacks of Tory government over promise under deliver yet now concentrate on precious German route which by the way far more foreign stuff than U.K. stuff as a collective tsw whole

• Like Like x 9
  6. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

49B765DE-8A74-4AE2-9C5A-C00228AE041C.jpeg C9DA3D52-728B-487A-9729-FD881F53B45B.jpeg

• Like Like x 24
  7. twiggy#9635

twiggy#9635 Well-Known Member

So at least another 2 weeks until we find out if the 150/2 is in the West Cornwall Local route :(

• Like Like x 4
  8. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

Still no desision on the locos for the Penzance route which is just bitterly disappointing, extremely poor update and shouldn’t been put up if there is nothing happening.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

There hasn’t been any guarantee that each Roadmap will show things moving forward. Things will be moving forward and things will be released when ready. We can’t complain about issues and bugs and then complain things aren’t being released quickly enough. That’s a no win situation for everyone, DTG and players alike.

• Like Like x 29
  10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

This route isn’t being developed by DTG. Rivet will make things known once final decisions have been made. I don’t criticise DTG for this. That’s unfair.

• Like Like x 11
  11. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

That is a speech worthy of any politician who doesn’t want to say anything of consequence.

• Like Like x 5
  12. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

This - I can live with no updates to the roadmap, and will happily wait longer between releases, if it means that they make some serious changes to their QA process, and we actually see a tangible improvement in the quality of the content. It has to start with fixing the products that we have already purchased.

• Like Like x 17
  13. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

If nothing was happening then there would be no roadmap, because it shows you what's being worked on.
    There's a difference between "nothing's moving up the roadmap at a pace I would like it" and "nobody's doing any work"...

• Like Like x 13
  14. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

For the concerns surrounding the lacking authenticity of PIS at LIRR, please also address why the PIS displays say Hicksville for services that according to the timetable terminate at Ronkonkoma. Just one example from LIRR.

For reference, on Rapid Transit the PIS boards include destinations that aren’t part of the playable route, such as Magdeburg. On SEHS you’ll also see London Victoria as the destination for some westbound services etc.

• Like Like x 1
  15. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

I was not even crit
    I wasn’t even criticising DTG, the fact is everyone need to wait another 2 weeks to find out what locos are coming to the route. Dont know why you think i was being angry at DTG

• Like Like x 2
  16. lukereynolds1

lukereynolds1 Well-Known Member

Really looking for solid reassurances from the roadmap stream tonight regarding quality and fixing bugs. I haven't purchased any dlc since the release of TSW2 due to each dlc being bug-ridden from the offset. Of course, minor bugs are to be expected, but where bugs are significant and we have to wait months or even years for fixes, that is surely not good enough. I want to buy more dlc, I want to get full enjoyment from the game, I want to be a customer of yours... But DTG, please reassure us that you want us as customers, because at the moment it feels that we should be grateful for whatever you produce, regardless of quality.

• Like Like x 8
  17. ARuscoe

Because the route wasn't upgraded to show locations off the map, whereas those other routes you mentioned does have this ability.
    When the route gets this upgrade it will show destinations off the map as others do

18. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

2021.5.18 The roadmap is meaningless because it exists as it was last time.

• Like Like x 2
  19. sophieclarke1983

Well said 2 weeks of waiting and a stream tonight just full of excuses

• Like Like x 2
  20. Task

Task Well-Known Member

I would add
    6. Give us a bit of faith or something to look forward to concerning those issues.

• Like Like x 6
  21. Cramnor

Chill people, stop complaining about the roadmap not having anything new. It can't always change, some things just need their time and there will be roadmaps where nothing changed. These pointless complaints are the reason that there will be no more long-term projects on the roadmap, which is a big pitty! And as said before, it is not about doing everything quick and releasing a new route every week, it should also be about doing things right, and that sometimes takes a bit longer!

• Like Like x 18
  22. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Sounds like I should prepare some popcorn for today's stream :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  23. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

What I also would like to know in reference to the lirr pis is why is it modelled inaccurately and is a copy/paste from sehs when a new artist had to come in and design the system since it uses a completely different style system to u.k/german routes and was even pushed back because it needed an overhaul. Those statements mislead players into believing an accurate system would be in place

• Like Like x 2
  24. sophieclarke1983

Very doubtful 166 been out years no working destination display or opening windows I wouldn’t hold your breath

• Like Like x 2
  25. sophieclarke1983

You mean break out violin for the usual bluster and excuses

• Like Like x 3
  26. sophieclarke1983

You go on about things been a bit longer get a grip the class 313 was in production before sehs was one loco add on not a route dlc if you know it all why has this taken so long other than fact DTG using it as copy and paste rip off into 314 for Cathcart circle

• Like Like x 4
  27. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

You must know by now, this isn’t something that will be fixed overnight, it will be added to the Roadmap or will see a future patch/release notes, the way its always been.

The thread will be comedy as usual I expect.

I alluded to it in another thread, the collective community has no idea what it wants.

People want DLC, left, right and centre, constantly being churned out.

They want constant roadmap updates, even if there’s nothing to say. Don’t forget just because nothing moved on the roadmap doesn’t mean it’s stopped being work. I think everyone has got far too precious that they demand this fortnightly update.

People ask why do patches and updates take so long in the making.

And then you have people (often the same ones from above) complaining that DLC’s and updated have been “rushed”.

It’s hard to take seriously some of the warranted and unwarranted criticism at times, because of the constant contradictions. Even the players can’t decide what they want.

• Like Like x 13
  28. Nielsen

How come the Rapid Transit has this ability when LIRR hasn’t? Rapid Transit is older.

29. ARuscoe

So them saying they're still working is meaningless? Wow....

• Like Like x 6
  30. ARuscoe

Because RT had an overhaul recently (hence the huge update last week) whereas LIRR hasn't had it (yet)
    Maybe ask the question on the stream tonight as to whether Adam intends to incorporate this update onto LIRR on the next "round" of development for that route and see what they say
    (route age isn't necessarily an indicator of when they're going to put a certain development in place, in fact it could be the older the route the harder it is to incorporate new facilities because the coding is too different)

31. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

And here we go, as I mentioned in my above post.

The classic contradiction we see on these forums.

Last week, we had people demanding answers because of last weeks bugged patch and HHL issues.

Today, in the stream, you’re getting answers and explanations, all of sudden, not good enough!

Really is comedy gold!

• Like Like x 9
  32. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Ah the old no update, update. Talk about wasting everyone’s time

• Like Like x 5
  33. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Sam's said the hold up with the 313, is because it was added to the roadmap before it should of been, thus, seems a lot longer then usuall

• Like Like x 1
  34. ARuscoe

You realise the body shell of the 313 was used on five different units don't you, so according to what you say if DTG ever produce any of the following it will be a "cut and paste rip off": 315,507,508

A lot of british bodies (and cabs) were used liberally across various classes because it made economic sense to do so.

35. Cramnor

I believe that could be result of the new RT timetable (because the PIS gets this information from the timetable, so it has to be set-up there correctly!), I actually haven't tried the old, I wonder how it is there.

36. Nielsen

But LIRR was also overhauled in the big update last week. Am I missing something here?

Anyway, I brought attention to it because it’s an interesting topic of discussion on the stream.

Possibly, maybe Adam can clarify on the stream tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  37. tallboy7648

Honestly, I expect some answers as well but I´ll take their answers with a grain of salt until I see changes because the problem with this company is that they talk the talk but don´t walk the walk and give the same old excuses over and over again with no changes and it´s clear people are getting fed up with this crap.

I am curious to know what the QA process is actually like because content gets released as is as if there is no QA. How in the world did the s6 bug only been spotted in the morning of the update´s release. A normal test would´ve found the issue in minutes if tested properly beforehand

What are the QA standards that allow content to be released? Some content is released as if has not gone through QA.

With the reviews of HBL being mostly negative, how will dtg learn from the criticisms of the route?

Should dtg actually put more effort in making certain things for dlcs? For example should dtg have made the high floor dostos from the beginning? Clearly, the community believes so. ¨Too much work for little gain¨ is not a valid excuse because the community believed the high floor dostos should´ve been made. It probably would´ve bought more sales and perhaps more positive reviews

Why release updates in ¨parts¨ and not full and not list what´s actually been fixed and what´s coming up in part 2?

Will DTG change QA standards (if there even is a QA considering how content is released) and what will those changes look like?

Why did the motor audio on the m7 cutting out not been fixed when the patch notes stated they were fixed?

Why were certain players misinformed that the full patch last week would come out later last week with all fixes but never did?

• Like Like x 4
  38. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Will there be any scope to talk about the core update.....? Two weeks ago, Sam mentioned that the list of features to be developed for the core, arriving in a few months, were still being finalised.....?

I was wondering if maybe the core team could address some issues surrounding the HUD, such as:

- the ability to turn on/off individual elements (especially the central dot - a complete nightmare in tunnels or in the dark.....); and,
    - whether vital HUD information, currently represented by the smallest fonts could be enlarged, and non vital information (for driving without distraction) such as AP points could be significantly reduced in size (it is an immersion breaker to have to strain to focus on small fonts, and at the same time be told you have 30 AP for driving another 500 yards, and have it constantly flashed at you).

I am bit worried that with this new gradient profile feature coming (for the HUD), that everything else will be reduced in size so that we end up with a TS2012 style HUD, where it is impossible to read any of the key information that you need to see when also driving.

Oooh, and while I am here - I was wondering if maybe the HUD could include a "place name" dissolving in and out of view, as you pass through key locations, such as stations and junctions, to aid route learning (and night time navigation).... ?

• Like Like x 4
  39. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

I only say that the roadmap of DTG2021.5.18 is meaningless because it is similar to the version of 2021.5.4.
    I affirm that I am only talking about the road map and I did not offend anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  40. sophieclarke1983

It’s like everything saying something and doing it 2 totally different things

• Like Like x 2
  41. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

My question for the stream:

• What issues are going to get fixed in HHL and RT, only the PZB (HHL) and the S6 derailemnts (RT)? Or are there any plans to fix/improve other things, for example AFB on the 182 (HHL), Headlights on the 112 (HHL), Livery designer model for the 182 (RT), LZB for the 182 (RT).

• Like Like x 1
  42. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

They haven't wasted anybody's time. They said nothing's changed right at the top. You don't need to read further.

• Like Like x 2
  43. sophieclarke1983

Also when will neglected 166 get working destination display and working windows very basic things not exactly Rocket science

• Like Like x 2
  44. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Maybe we will get to meet the new QA team - apparently four have just been hired (according to the grapevine).... and there is a new QA Lead coming soon.... ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  45. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

The Roadmap is the weather forecast for the game. In the same way that the weather forecast for tomorrow may be the same as yesterday's it doesn't mean you don't bother doing the forecast.

• Like Like x 21
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  46. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

The new LIRR route upgrade went pretty well with me.
    The sound looping issues still persist both on the M7 and M3 even after the route upgrade for the LIRR. Albeit much less, but still occurs.

As for my noticing on the route and services, DTG did fix the services on the LIRR. Previously almost all services used to use the outer local tracks if 4 tracks were present.

For instance (Pre-LIRR upgrade): if a train bound for Hicksville left NY Penn but did NOT stop at Woodside the train would still run on the local tracks, causing congestion and flying 80MPH past stations is not a good thing. Same goes for Jamaica to Floral park with no use of the express tracks.
    Present (Post-LIRR upgrade): Trains bound for Hicksville skipping Woodside now will use the correct express or inner tracks for express services. In addition trains also going express between Floral Park and Jamaica will now use the correct inner express tracks when needed.

These are great improvements and actually give purpose to the before abandoned express tracks on the LIRR route in TSW. Previously almost all trains would never use the inner express tracks between Floral Park and NY Penn if they were express services. That was very unrealistic as LIRR trains in real life DO use the express tracks heavily for express and skip-stop services.

Great job to the route upgrading team for that small yet noticeable and realistic change.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  47. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

And you know how we love to complain about the weather

• Like Like x 5
  48. ARuscoe

Yes, they're working on the same things as they were a few weeks ago, except the route they put out this week. That's hardly a surprise to me
    Unless you expect everything to move up every two weeks (which is unfeasable) I would get used to "not much happening" for a while and then lots happening all at once
    Kind of like a London bus

• Like Like x 2
  49. Lombra

Lombra Well-Known Member

They're not going to answer any of that and frankly, with regards to 1 through 4, why should they? That is stuff that's interesting internally. Externally, not so much. They're not going to share that just so that people can pretend to know how DTG should run their business.

50. tallboy7648

I did like how they routed the route to the correct track and the express track. That honestly was a nice touch and I definetly wasn´t expecting that nice change. I complemented them on that when I gave my thoughts on the lirr update last week but the route and m7 still has issues and some aspects like the atc system are worse