Train Sim World: Rush Hour

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, May 4, 2021.

1. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Ignore the meteorologists. They always get it wrong. :)

Winter starts 21 December, Spring 21 March, Summer, 21 June and Autumn 21 September. Always has done, always will.

Where’s my tin opener. I’ve got a can of worms to open.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Winter on the 21st of December ? That sounds very late

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Those dates are correct for the seasons.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Martin13

Martin13 Well-Known Member

Happened to me too =). Thought it was going to be a stream and cleared my schedule, then I realised it was only an article.

5. Class395

Class395 Active Member

Is there a route with 2 locomotive dlcs? I really want an Acela but I also kinda want an HSP46 :3
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

There are a few routes with multiple dlc's, West Somerset Railway has 2, Peninsula Corridor has 2 and Ruhr Sieg Nord has 2 with a third currently in development

• Like Like x 1
  7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Tees Valley Line has 2

• Like Like x 1
  8. Javelin

Yep, forgot about that one

9. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

NTP has one with two locos :P

• Like Like x 1
  10. pacificorca#1435

pacificorca#1435 Active Member

Interestingly, MBTA also operates two MP36PH-3C locomotives which should be the same model that operates on the Peninsula Corridor. That would be very cool to see a rare replacement in the MBTA timetable, if nothing else it would be a fun livery designed project.

11. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

Huh, I never knew that. Something tells me it will never be implemented but it would be cool if the devs did stuff like that.

12. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Well then I guess I’ll start stretching route proposals to routes around 70 miles

• Like Like x 2
  13. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree and for that to be in NEC Boston Providence the easy way of doing that it's very simple give Caltrain MP36PH-3C a reskin from Caltrain paint into MBTA Paint. At a later date another third-party developer can give ACS-64 600-670 NEC Boston Providence TSW 2 TSW 2020 NEC Newark,NJ New Rochelle,NY reskin into SEPTA ACS-64 901-915 for NEC Philadelphia New York via Trenton, NJ.
    If you are wondering what German Route has reskinned trains that's Haputstrecke Hamburg-Lübeck with DB BR112 reskinned from DB BR 143 Ruhr-Sieg Nord with MRCE BR182 reskinned from Rapid Transit DB BR182.

14. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Given the quality of outputs regarding DLCs recently, I really hope this won’t turn into:
    Train Sim World: Rush Hour - Rushed Content

• Like Like x 8
  15. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Hoping for the best but fearing for the worst.. Kind of worried if they're just starting now to get it playable in the summer, in other development cycles this would be the QA period but as I understand it they still have to build it? Hope i'm wrong and that most of it is done but experience has taught me otherwise.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

What about...
    Train Sim World: Rushed Hour

• Like Like x 7
  17. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Let’s just hope that it doesn’t get rushed. Or that they don’t miss key details.

• Like Like x 5
  18. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Totally agree with both of you. However, could they be rushing these latest DLCs to focus more (hopefully) on Rush Hour? I got to admit for the latest route, Hamburg's main station looks pretty empty in timetable mode, this better not carry over to Rush Hour otherwise what's the point.

• Like Like x 2
  19. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Before rush hour "only" Cathcard and the 313 are on DTG's list. I assume RH won't release until the middle of September and there is still a little time until September

• Like Like x 2
  20. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I become a Headache when they reused the crappy sounds from the 143, 146 and Rapid Transit Talent 2 for Riesa to Dresden.

• Like Like x 1
  21. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I heard that Rieas To Dresden got the nickname "The Dumping Ground" because of all the recycled content that will be used. It's the dumping ground for recycled content

• Like Like x 1
  22. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I think the sounds of SKAs Talent 2 will be used. If you open the Windows of the 143 it sounds like something of a train and the 146... well... Mute button. Or mute button and put your vacuum cleaner on. Or some music instead...

• Like Like x 1
  23. dcnine#5410

dcnine#5410 Well-Known Member

Matt has at least promised that there will be AI traffic at Brighton station in Rush Hour, so I’m hoping that will be a trend across all the routes.

• Like Like x 3
  24. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

They have missed the RE1 from Hamburg to Rostock included as AI with the DB 182 and Dostos or any ICE Train. E18DD58D-5A9F-4B5B-85E6-439A2444FDC6.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  25. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

Matt said in one of the streams that the guy who made the timetable for Hamburg Lübeck was still working on it in his spare time, it would be great if we get more layers added with AI and ICE but I won't get my hopes up.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Indeed. DTG need to realise that AI traffic whether driveable or not makes a huge difference to the major stations.

• Like Like x 7
  27. dcnine#5410

dcnine#5410 Well-Known Member

For sure! In the survey around the new year, I made sure to make my desire for that very clear. Munich HBF felt so... dead in the Munich timetable, especially compared to the very busy and immersive scenarios. Parallel running with an ICE heading to the Nuremberg line made the "Wash and Go" scenario really fun as well.

• Like Like x 2
  28. jeremydunn8

Quick question for anyone who knows, will the Amtrak ACS-64 in this DLC be re-used or new? I'd assume it's redone/new, since they made a huge fuss that it couldn't be brought into TSW 2, but I wouldn't be surprised either way knowing DTG's habits of copy/pasting a lot of their content.

29. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

They are only reusing the model. Everything else is done from scratch.

• Like Like x 1
  30. jeremydunn8

So the sounds, physics, simulation, etc. are new but the 3D model remains the same?

31. Javelin

Yes, Dtg said in a stream recently that they are only using the 3d model from the old one, everything else is being redone

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Yes

33. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

I was looking forward to this, but saying as my game has been unplayable for over a month due to an issue with livery designer no longer saving I don't see myself buying it. What's the point if everything is always broken?

• Like Like x 3
  34. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Saying something unplayable means nothing at all works.
    Saying something you want to work isn't working and therefore you're choosing not to do anything sounds more likely

• Like Like x 5
  35. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Everything in a game should in theory work as intended. In practice that’s not always going to be the case, but it’s arguable a game becomes unplayable to some players when something doesn’t work as it should. It’s not a matter of what people “want to work”. It must work, end of story.

• Like Like x 3
  36. ARuscoe

OK, I want the BR Class 465 to run IRL services, so technically the US routes are "unplayable" to me because the timetable on a UK route isn't what I would like...

• Like Like x 3
  37. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The 465 wouldn´t even run in the U.S so it wouldn´t make U.S routes unplayable

• Like Like x 1
  38. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

There is a difference between a spoiled immersion due to wrong routes for rolling stock and a not working part of the game at all.

The livery designer can be a major part for some users, maybe even more than actual driving and if that's constantly crashing we have the equivalent of a not working game at all.

• Like Like x 2
  39. ARuscoe

Not really. Given we are talking about someone making up a livery (or copying one depending on their skill level) it's not about immersion
    I understand that they want the thing to work, but not having those paint schemes only affects the paint schemes, literally nothing else

• Like Like x 1
  40. Nielsen

Who are you to say a game is playable for someone when you don’t know their actual reasons for buying it in the first place? The fact that you can complete a service, for example, is meaningless if you purchased the game to do something else that turns out not to work as it should.

Why does there seemingly always have to be a debate when someone raises a valid complaint...

• Like Like x 3
  41. ARuscoe

The complaint (ie the thing that isn't working as it should) is valid and known
    The LANGUAGE is the query here. If they only play consists they've created, fine. I doubt that

• Like Like x 1
  42. Nielsen

Fair enough if you doubt that, but why not give them the benefit of the doubt? Least we can do to make the feedback heard, even if it has been heard before.

• Like Like x 1
  43. ARuscoe

There's a whole section for technical issues...

44. Nielsen

There is but it’s not forbidden to highlight a technical problem in the Rush Hour thread when the complaint is related to making Rush Hour appealing to different types of players.

• Like Like x 1
  45. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

While that's correct I was trying to point out that the creation of paint schemes can be a major part of the game experience to the extent that it can be used as the only part of the game.
    Creating liveries can be a very time consuming part if you want to do them correctly. As TSWs livery editor is a bit limited I doubt it goes to the extent of lets say Forza where 40+ hours of work can easily go into one livery but it surely takes longer to paint it than the later driving - at least if you get your joy from painting it and put a lot of dedication into your work. And the livery designer is despite its limits more than good enough for that.

What I'm pointing at is since TSW basically offers this type of experience it is only fair to say that the game is broken for a certain user if the part of the game which is used 90% of the time crashes constantly. That can be interpreted as 'nothing at all works'...
    The 465 driving on wrong routes is a different type of experience since the game may be working in a wrong type of way but it is working after all.
    And basically wasn't it in use on the SEHS in reality? That makes it more accurate and less immersion breaking than some of the DoSto appearances.. ;)

But let's get back to Rush Hour. Despite the issues of the past weeks I still am some way looking forward to it. I hope it will be worth a buy and a success.

46. vogelm10

Painting trains is one of my main joys in this game, especially since lots of the routes benefit from making liveries which weren't included in game due to license issues. So when that functionality just stops working for no reason it does break the game for me. Especially when the response from the company when it was reported is basically a "welp that sucks" and nothing is done about it.

It just makes me have zero interest in buying anything from them when these types of issues are quite common with this game. Like seriously being objective when was the last item they released which didn't have issues? It's sad because I love the concept of this game but I can't deal with it being so busted all the time.

• Like Like x 2
  47. ARuscoe

Just wanted to point out... understatement of the day right here :D

The route is supposed to be current, so either it should run to Gravesend and stop there or if replicating the 700s it should run from Gravesend to Rainham, never beyond
    There are a limited number of Victoria to Dover services which run the 465, so those should start at Rochester

I certainly get your point with regards to the livery designer, it should work, they built it so make what CAN work, work (and then tell us what the limitations are
    But "unplayable"...

• Like Like x 3
  48. jeremydunn8

I suck at liveries and don’t have much time to do them, but I would definitely be mad if something I spent a long time on went to waste, and the people responsible didn’t care to fix it. Especially since they don’t include a lot of prototypical liveries with each route, like how they skipped out on extra liveries on Clinchfield even though they had them in the TS Classic version. It would be fine if they had livery sharing, but apparently licensing is tricky for TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  49. vogelm10

They just released a bunch of new items to paint so yeah, having waited for years to access some of the preserved items only to find everyone else can paint them and I get a bogus out of space message which prevents anything from saving it is indeed unplayable.

But sorry to hijack this thread everyone, I just feel like if I make enough of a fuss about it they might actually fix things.

Actually does the amount of railfan shots stored on the dtg server take up space that would be used for livery designer? I was working on signal guides for all the routes and have a massive amount of photos saved on here...

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  50. jeremydunn8

You might want to make a thread in one of the discussion forums or in the suggestions forum about your issues and how they can be resolved. I’ve wanted to get into making liveries but now I’m hesitant.

Anyways, now for a rush hour question. I’d like to know from DTG, (and maybe I need to ask this on a stream) whether or not there will be CSX layers on the NEC. From what I’ve heard there is potential for a few of these, and since they always add a freight layer for British routes with existing locos, I see no reason why they couldn’t add one for the NEC using existing American locos.