Electric Legends Of The Southern Region: Diesel Legends But For East Coastway/brighton Mainline

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, May 17, 2021.

1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

I saw a post on here called "Amtrak legends" and it was about a Diesel legends treatment for the New NEC route thats coming, I had thoughts about it and came up with one for East Coastway and or Brighton Mainline this can take place somewhere around NTP like 1984.

Locos:

BR Class 73:
    The class 73 can be used on Freight Services but if coupled to one of the Following Multiple Units can run Passenger services we can also add MK 2f for Gatwick Express Services which can Layer into Brighton Mainline if it also gets this. These take the roll the Class 66 Had.
    Class 73.jpg

BR Class 09 in BR Blue:
    The Class 09 from WSR can return in BR Blue for this. If they Add a brake selector then the 09s can operate Shunting duties in Yards and Depots, and run short freight duties which can be Substituted by the Class 08 if one were to have it.

EMUs:
    This is the main reason I wanted to make this just to see some old SR multiple units.

BR Class 421 4-Cig/Class 422 4-Big:
    These units are very similar so I grouped them up the main Difference is the 422 has a Buffet coach in place of a Middle Trailer. These units can work services the 377 did in the Normal timetable as the 377 literally Replaced the 421/422s, as a Bonus we can get unique 8-Dig formations in Scenario Planner I would also like to see an Interesting role as a Buffet Clerk which can add another role to tsw2 that we Haven't seen before.
    BR 421 4-CIG
    4-CIG.jpg
    This Picture is of a 422 Buffet Car that is a Café now cute, its also the only one I could find of a Class 422 Buffet car.
    422 Buffet Coach (cafe).jpg

BR Class 489 GLV:
    The Class 489 GLV are Gatwick Luggage Vans used on the London end of the train and acts as a Motor Coach, Cab car, And Luggage van for Gatwick Express trains between London Victoria and Gatwick Airport so this is mainly for a Brighton Mainline side of this pack. This is also great for Dovetail as they can just Modify the MK1 BG to make it.
    GLV.jpg

Rollingstock:

Passenger:

MK2f Class 488:
    This is here for the previously mentioned Gatwick Express these are Different from regular MK2 stock as these are wired up for use with SR Multiple Units in this case with the Class 73 and Class 489. Similar to the Class 489 they can just Modify the MK2 stock for this
    MK2F.jpg

BR MK1 BSO/TSO in BR Blue & Grey:
    The MK1 BSO/TSO in Blue & Grey as Proper passenger stock for the class 73 they can just bring over the BSO/TSO from WSR for this.
    I cant add anymore pictures but I assume you played WSR And know what they look like

Freight Stock:
    Im not going into freight stock but I will say they can easily layer in Freight Stock from HFP or TVL, of course they should add new stock but im putting those there as a suggestion.

Layering: this is a post posting bit but I've been thinking about possible layers for this of course the class 73 can be used on Excursions on regular East Coastway, Maybe the class 47 could be Layered In from NTP with normal MK2s and the MK1 BG for some Passenger and Freight Services, along with the Class 31

Ending: well thanks for reading this I hope if they make this they actually like make the route Period accurate, im also not gonna go into possible dlcs that for you guys to argue about.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 26
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and you're going to get complaints on how to operate class 73 due to weak and parallel settings luckily train simulator 21 Brighton Main Line Class 73 DLC manual can be modified to include console-specific bottoms PS4 PS5 Circle button Acknowledge DSD AWS Xbox One Series X/S B Button to acknowledge AWS DSD. Remember Class 73 electric diesel is a classic train simulator 21 train

3. finntd#7891

yea I remember trying to figure out how to drive the class 73 in Electric from TSC when I got BRBE but that is kinda the fun of train simulators trying to figure out how to drive and operate locomotives some are easy others are not but thats part of it

4. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

Having suggested similar packs for NEC, this would be a really neat thing for other routes. Since they’re including 2 or more locos, they could charge $30 for it, as much as a full route, for the extra content

5. driverwoods#1787

Good to hear that story of yours and hopefully train simulator world players that own class 73 provided its made for Brighton main line. Should check train simulator 21 forums on how to properly operate it because it's being there longer than Train Sim World

6. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Perhaps we will get more routes with a Legends pack. Although I personally bought Diesel Legends of the Great Western, I have no idea how successful/or not it was. If it was successful, we could well see more of these packs.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I really like the suggested rolling stock. Not sure a Diesel Legends-alike gameplay pack would be my preferred method of seeing those trains. I think I'd prefer them being featured in a dedicated era-appropiate route, along with some railtour-alike services in other (more modern) routes featuring these trains as heritage trains.

8. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

I think some people missed what was said at the time about why the Diesel Legends pack came about in the way that it did, and why specifically it didn't include any new locos.

What was said by DTG is that the project was created that way specifically because it didn't impact on the train artists or route building teams who are very busy, whilst being a good project for those areas with capacity such as those who design and plan timetables to create something new in a slack period, and provide more variety for existing content.

If you introduce new trains, it's no longer fulfilling the above brief, and it starts becoming a bit of a blur in terms of pitching a product-type and cost, if they are gonna create two locos and a timetable it's gonna cost at least twenty quid and take a while to develop, so why not just pay a fiver more for them to completely remake the route in the appropriate era as well?

9. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

So.... if you are saying DTG should do an "Electric Legends" DLC pack for ECW and the upcoming BML that includes new content, like a Class 73 and some slam-door stock like the 421/422 and some (nice) odds and ends like the 489 GLV, then Oh My Facebooking Google yes.... BRING IT ON.... (and why not slap in a lovely re-skinned Class 33 or three to boot.... (in NSE, engineering "Dutch" and BR blue liveries!).

But, I am afraid that DTG has probably already ear-marked the "Electric Legends" concept as a £20 DLC to include a slightly different livery for the Class 377 (using maybe a slightly different variant of the Southern logo)..... with a broken modified timetable layer, giving you new chances to "pay to play" your favourite TSW content (that you have already paid for) in abject misery.... just like they did with the Diesel Legends pack..... ;-O

• Like Like x 1
  10. finntd#7891

I mean yea it was just a gameplay team thing but it opens up more opportunities of its own besides it could just be the Class 101 and a reskinned Class 33 but that would be boring it would be Normal East Coastway but with the class 101 and a Underpowered class 66, most of the stock I suggested is MK1/2 Based so it wouldn't be the hardest to make the class 73 may be a bit more difficult but they already made a class 73 for TSC so they have reference material.
    plus that isn't very positive to what this pack can bring all I want is just some Old Southern Region Stock, some more BR Action and for it to be more accurate to the time period compared to DLGW not something that is just here is pre existing sh1t on East Coastways

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I would love to see some slam door stock but if they go to that effort it should have it's own route. I believe ECW was still semaphore signalled (or some of it was) when the slam door stock was withdrawn. London to Brighton would be a better choice as I don't think that has changed a great deal over the last 30 years. Certainly not as much as ECW and GWE express has.

At least on London to Brighton they could have an excuse to include the class 101 again as they did work down to Gatwick Airport in the 90's, albeit in NSE livery!

12. finntd#7891

I do like the idea of it being for BM too I thought of that when making this. What they can do is a 2 parter. Part 1 is the East Coastway side of this pack with the Class 421/422, Class 73, and MK1 TSO/BSO. Meanwhile Part 2 can be for Brighton Mainline with the Gatwick Express Class 73, Gatwick Class 489 GLVs, the Gatwick Class 488s, the Class 09, And as a Added bonus the Class 423 4-VEPs. together they make a Megapack.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  13. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

If they went to the trouble to make all those units and loco's then they might as well make a period route to suit or a proper backdated Brighton mainline.

The Gatwick Express would have been a class 73 not a 71 and before the 73's I think 4-VEP's were used, not sure some or all were operating as 8-VEP's.

• Like Like x 1
  14. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Don't forget the Class 74 Electro Diesel or the original Class 70 (CC1) Electric locomotives.

Screenshot_2021-06-08-20-23-13-1.png
    Screenshot_2021-06-08-20-22-39-1.png
    Screenshot_2021-06-08-20-22-14-1.png

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  15. finntd#7891

i didnt realize i put the 71 in that comment instead of 73 thats my mistake ill edit that

• Like Like x 1
  16. British Ace

British Ace Member

I fully vouch for this, although preferably the 90's! So you get NSE & Thameslink :)

17. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Having a 33/1 would also be a great addition.

• Like Like x 1
  18. driverwoods#1787

Needs the SR MU system to have Class 33/1 control a 4 CEP 4 CIG 4 VEP Class 73 electric mode. 33/1 SR MU system Cannot control class 73 on diesel mode because it has Blue Star MU.

19. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Apologies, I was actually just thinking for aesthetic purposes on freights with a /0.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

Big yes for the 73, it's my fav train.

21. finntd#7891

Maybe a Late 80s early 90s era so we get of Those and BR Blue colors

• Like Like x 1
  22. transport

transport Active Member

Personally, I think it’s a great idea but would be done best on London commuter you get to drive them for longer and would work better with the Gatwick Express side.