How Toxic Can Xbox Be? (changed A Tad Bit)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by fizpix, May 20, 2021.

1. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

Answer: Very Toxic I'll give you an example because I wasn't good at rocket league I got replaced and removed from a party. Conclusion PlayStation is becoming better than xbox

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

That's not an Xbox thing that's just people.
    You'll get the same on PS.

• Like Like x 4
  3. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

I've encountered my share of morons on Playstation. It's not the platform at fault. Online gaming opened up the floodgates, and these people are no longer restriced to their own bubble, they've been unleashed now. What you describe, happened to me recently on BFV on PS4.

I play on both, btw, so I have no brand loyalty.

• Like Like x 4
  4. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

The plastic used in the casing should be okay, but some of the packaging for the X-Box might include soft plastics that contain high levels of phthalates, which can really muck around with hormone levels, and are thought to be responsible for the 50% reduction in sperm count in Western males in the last thirty years.

So - fairly toxic. ;-)

• Like Like x 4
  5. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

Lol I love science jokes

• Like Like x 1
  6. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I strongly recommend to only play with your friends, particularly on consoles... all this looking for a party/game is just rubbish that should be (IMO) ignored, especially in a competitive PvP game, particularly Rockey League that's played by kids that think they are E-Sport Ready [tm]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I’ve had bad experiences on both consoles, so don’t tend to play much online. There are good people out there though, I was playing a Tennis game once and was losing a lot. A Canadian guy spent almost 2 hours coaching me and I actually got to win a few games.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

PS is just as bad, but for social games I recommend buddying up, it’s not a perfect solution but it is what it is.

Ive met great people across PC, Xbox & Playstation, but I’ve also met not so great people on all 3 too.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Oh no please please please not console wars

10. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

People are only toxic if you give two hoots about what people you don't care about (or even know) do or say to you that doesn't actually harm you.
    As I said to my eight year old kid the other day, if you don't care about them as a person why do you care what they think, let alone say?

• Like Like x 5
  11. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

Very well said

• Like Like x 2
  12. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Tbh you're gonna get bad eggs on all gaming platforms. Some are just bent on causing issues and trolling people.
    If I'm playing an online game that has in-built chat, I disable it so that I don't have to listen to others.
    If I'm going to play online with a couple of friends, we use private chats so we can have a laugh with each other.

13. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Just play on whatever platform you want. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks as long as you enjoy yourself! :)

I'm pretty used to people making comments about my gaming platform of choice and the games I play. Funnily enough, in my case none of it comes from online play, but rather people I've met face-to-face. Most people around me play Xbox, I stand out as different since I prefer PlayStation so sometimes they'll try and make silly comments in a quest to get a reaction out of me.

I've been a fan of the Sonic the Hedgehog series for as long as I can remember, both of us have been around since 1991. Growing up, I faced all sorts of comments just because I simply liked the character and his games and even now, people I talk to face-to-face will occasionally call me a "casual" or "not a proper gamer" because I play Sonic games. It's a similar thing to the "console war" really.

It never got me down though, even as a child!

You just have to shrug these things off best you can and do what you enjoy. If people judge you for the consoles/games you enjoy, it says more about them than it does you.

• Like Like x 1
  14. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

Well it got worse. One of these days I'm going to leave all consoles, I've had it. Xbox is the most toxic community ever.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Javelin

I'd say there all as toxic as each other, that goes for pc as well, just ignore the toxic players if you let them get to you then they've won

• Like Like x 6
  16. ethan#3478

ethan#3478 Member

Yeah that right there is prime example why i never join party's on console or use game chat

• Like Like x 1
  17. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I am only allowed to communicate with friends on the console.

• Like Like x 1
  18. moczs_65

moczs_65 Active Member

Ooooookaaaaaaaaaye...*Ahem* :|

19. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Online multiplayer is full of LOVEs and LOVEs. That's why I stay away.

20. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

That sounds like cutting off your nose to spite your face. There are still single player games being made that you can play, as well as games that are both single and multiplayer, than you can play solo.

21. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

I'll just say it now Xbox controllers are garbage mine is officially dead need a new one since the headphone jack is moving around I honestly don't suggest an Xbox anymore 0-10

22. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

At this point this is you are just venting your spleen out and trying to justify your initial message, my xbone consoles and controllers are fine have only replaced them about 3 times in over 10 years, so clearly your not looking after them very well........

• Like Like x 2
  23. Javelin

Been playing xbox for over 10 years now, recently bought a series s, honest opinion absolutely brilliant, would highly recommend, yes you do encounter toxic players sometimes but like I said in an earlier post you get that with any console brand, pc aswell.

• Like Like x 2
  24. wombleway

wombleway Well-Known Member

If you're playing games like Rocket League, I'd tend to assume that the majority of players are going to be angsty, angry teenage idiots who want to shout and argue with other people... Playing stuff like Farm Sim, on the other hand, I've met some fantastic people (online, and real life) and made some great friends on multiplayer.

I don't think it's a problem specific to any given platform, I think it's more a problem for specific game genres.

25. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree with that.