Train Sim World: Founders Edition – Out Now For Xbox One!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Jay, Mar 9, 2018.

1. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

[​IMG]
    Ever wanted to drive a train? Well, now you can from the comfort of your living room – Train Sim World: Founders Edition is Out Now exclusively for Xbox One!

The Great Western Main Line started construction in 1835 as a grand effort by famed engineer, Isambard Kingdom Brunel, to link the Southwest of England to London, and the line was quickly established as a major link for both businesses and residents, in and outside the capital.

The first three stages of the “GWML” saw the line between London and Reading completed, this stretch of track followed the Thames Valley, and by Brunel’s design was noticeably level, being dubbed “Brunel’s Billiard Table”.

Today, the line is operated by Great Western Railway, and has for over 40 years been the definition of high-speed with the introduction of the ‘InterCity 125’ BR Class 43 HST (High Speed Train), a British icon in and of itself that has sped passengers out of London at 125mph with ease for decades.

“GWR” also provide local services along the Thames Valley utilising the 1990s-built ‘Networker Turbo’ diesel multiple units, including the BR Class 166, a 3-car unit capable of bringing commuters into the heart of the Capital, while keeping up with the bustling schedule.

Having rail connections across the length and breadth of Britain, the GWML also sees significant freight traffic daily. DB Schenker are frequently tasked with hauling freight across the Thames Valley, for which they employ a fleet of BR Class 66 diesel-electric locomotives, 3300 horsepower brutes which share heritage with the American SD40-2.

With Train Sim World: Founders Edition, available now exclusively for Xbox One, the full “Great Western Express” experience awaits!

Download the Train Sim World: Founders Edition Quick Start Guide here.

Be the Driver…
    Step into the feature-accurate cabs of the BR Class 43 HST, BR Class 166 and BR Class 66 and perform a variety of high-speed, local stopper and key freight services along the stunningly recreated Great Western Main Line between London Paddington and Reading.

…Beat the Clock…
    Managing a balance of safety and timeliness provides a unique challenge. No matter your duty, be that stopping at every station or travelling at over 2-miles-a-minute, keeping to schedule while offering a smooth ride is of upmost importance.

…Explore the Thames Valley…
    Hang up the master key and just go for a walk, start at each station and take in the detail as you explore your surroundings. There are a total of 75 collectables for you to find in Train Sim World: Founders Edition, where will you start looking first?

…And so much more!
    Catch a ride as a passenger, go trainspotting, unload aggregate, rescue a stranded HST, face the typically British weather – forget the “Beast from the East”, the “Best from the West” is available now in the form of Train Sim World: Founders Edition, exclusively for Xbox One! ■

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. AnthonyMacNZ

AnthonyMacNZ Member

Great work guys

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cj 05

Cj 05 New Member

Is there ever going to be more routes and DLC for this instead of just the GWR line?

• Like Like x 3
  4. USRailFan007

USRailFan007 Well-Known Member

Of course. Why wouldn't there be any other routes coming to xbox, is the question you should be asking yourself. All that work for just a single route and have none of the others to potentially follow? (including future routes). Though CSX-HH is resource intensive for the xbone, as i read elsewhere, its likely they'll adjust certain aspects of the game, making other routes playable on the xbone. There will be some differences between PC and xbox, in order to get this done but you'll definitely be seeing more than just GWE. This was only the route initially chosen for release on xbox and it most definitely, is not the last. Don't worry.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jet Army

Jet Army New Member

Yes super fun for me on Xbox one, and the One X . This game looks real good and is fun for train fans. I had it running right at 9:00 am east coast time . And yes i have high hopes we get more routes and rides.
    Now on for a ride and a walk, i had no idea of collectables till now nice.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tom Doyle

Tom Doyle New Member

Please add class 142 pacer as its used on most british lines.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  7. marzgrind

marzgrind New Member

Please add the class 800 in the next I think it would be much appriciated

• Like Like x 2
  8. Campfieldscott

Campfieldscott New Member

Please could you add freightliners and new lines

• Like Like x 1
  9. Campfieldscott

Campfieldscott New Member

Isn’t the gwr all the Southwest too?

10. Stephencoast1

Stephencoast1 New Member

Add the Hitachi trains that will be brilliant

• Like Like x 2
  11. Shanedunne

Shanedunne New Member

How long av we gotta wait for u to add new trains and routes I'm bored of playing same route

• Like Like x 3
  12. R62A1973

R62A1973 Active Member

Please add a commuter option metra njt metro north cal train or tri rail to Tsw Xbox one

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  13. Boyka91

Boyka91 Active Member

When we getting new trains to Xbox I got tired playing this game plus y’all need to add the Amtrak to Xbox one

• Like Like x 1
  14. R62A1973

R62A1973 Active Member

More commuter on Tsw or subway?

15. HopesAnchor131

HopesAnchor131 Active Member

My god people, be patient and play something else. You guys are acting like TSW is the only thing out there to play. Go play COD or whatever you play, the time will go faster too.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Boyka91

Boyka91 Active Member

First of all we just asking what’s the status and y’all keep giving us some lame ass excuses smh and what’s crazy we spent thousands and thousands of dollars to buy and play sim train games. So we have every right to ask you or whoever may concern any question to the games we play.

• Like Like x 2
  17. GMAN001

GMAN001 Member

I think what will most likely happen is that the PC DLC content will make it's way to the Xbox One later this year (bar 'CSX Heavy Haul', as the developers have stated this particular one is too intensive for the Xbox One to handle).

As for new routes, I'd say they will come even later. My guess is they are working on bringing the already released PC DLC content to Xbox One. So I wouldn't get my hopes up in terms of getting new routes/trains anytime soon.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Ok, first off to most of you new here, be civilized in this form, we all have the same interest here. And second, TSW was already been planned to be on Xbox from the beginning, and they already got the core mechanic in the GWE route, on Xbox alone, to test it out. The reason that it's called "Founders Edition" is that people can test to see how the game goes on Xbox or other consoles. DTG is, so far, not an expert of porting other released DLC to Xbox One while working on other routes and content to PC that pc players can play and report bugs to make sure that it'll run smoothly to the game. Time is patience, and yes, most of you feel like being out of the loop not knowing whats going on. That doesn't mean this is still being worked on for a while now. Whatever DTG will say next for the Xbox version, for better or worse, will be the news you'll be expecting to hear from them.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  19. R62A1973

R62A1973 Active Member

I'd be happy just for the Tsw NYC

20. Boyka91

Boyka91 Active Member

Ok I guess we all have to wait ? And see what’s going on but no biggie. I see all this PC gaming coming out for PC only but not working on adding new routes or adding a new foundation like Amtrak service etc etc ? But I’m just going to wait

21. Boyka91

Boyka91 Active Member

So we just got to wait and ?

22. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

On the PC side it's normally been between three and four months between DLC releases. DTG don't have as much experience producing Xbox releases but at least they have two previously produced DLC to migrate to the Xbox. However because they'll need to tweak (bodge?) the DLC so that it runs on theXbox without slowing to a crawl I suspect it will be roughly the same timescale between releases especially since DTG is still working on improving Xbox performance.

All the above is a long way of saying "Yes, you need to wait". ;)

• Like Like x 1
  23. Boyka91

Boyka91 Active Member

Ok thank you very much for letting me know and understanding. and can you tell me what dowse DTG stand For

24. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

DTG = Dovetail Games

• Like Like x 1
  25. Boyka91

Boyka91 Active Member

Oooh I knew that but again thank you

26. Shanedunne

Shanedunne New Member

So

27. Shanedunne

Shanedunne New Member

So wen r we gonna see some more on xbox I'm bored of playing g same route all the time same trains same route u cld of made the route longer

28. HopesAnchor131

They've said they are still getting used to UE4 and routes will get longer as they begin to get more experienced with it. As for more routes just play something else till some more content is released? Surely you have other things to play. Some of us are real enthusiasts and don't mind repeating these but if you are bored no one is forcing you to keep playing.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Boyka91

Boyka91 Active Member

Is Train Sim World West Somerset Railway is coming to Xbox one or no. I’ve seen a couple of posting on the wall. So it’s just a question is that coming out for Xbox ?

30. HopesAnchor131

I have no idea for certain but I'd say more than likely yes.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Boyka91

Boyka91 Active Member

I was thinking that as well because of the Graphics

32. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

WSR will be coming out but at a later date when DTG releases more to Xbox this year. Right now, it'll be released on PC when it's further announced.

33. Retrovertigo

Retrovertigo Member

I wish they would just get a move on with the Xbox One X enhanced update. I can't bring myself to play it when I know it doesn't look its best.

34. gangrel

gangrel Member

I feel you on that. However, I want those achievements! Last one I got to get is in the 166. But I definitely can't wait for the enhancements for the Xbox One X.

• Like Like x 1
  35. GMAN001

GMAN001 Member

Haha the achievements are pretty lame. It's too many miles to drive with the class 166. Over 1000 miles or something from memory? That's insane!

36. gangrel

gangrel Member

Yes, you have to drive 1,660 miles in the 166. I'm at 456 miles if I'm not mistaken. I want them all. I did the HST first, then the 66. The 166 is the last one. I did them based on which one had the least first to get

37. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Ive got 2 left to unlock,the 166, 1660 miles ive nearly done,the other i need to do is the freight miles one (cant remember how many that is )

38. HopesAnchor131

Got them all too apart from the miles ones, love that DTG are super generous with the amount of score per achievement.

39. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

No? I'm not even hunting for or care about achievements and got it just because I like 166 and drive it from time to time.

40. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Would be nice for higherscores but guess we have to wait till full release, only other thing i need to do is find all the dispather sticks

41. Trainsim99

Trainsim99 New Member

I purchased the founder’s edition of this game so I got it early, but I was expecting shorter routes that take a short 20 minutes. I prefer these than the others that have 20-30 mins between stations. It would be nice to see short routes like the London Overground, Stratford-Richmond. The distance betweeen stations isn’t too far which would allow the game to keep my attention rather than me watching family guy between stations.
    I am sure others would like to see this to so I look forward to seeing some shorter routes in the future.