Scoring System, Mastery , Achievements, Leaderboards

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by friskey.marcedes, May 21, 2021.

1. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

I'm now over Level 540 and enjoy the challenges/achievement chasing aspects of the game. However I have often heard Sam say there are 2 types of gamers who play the game - the train fanatics who love the immersion and gamers who go more for more arcade style "grip it and rip it" but wouldn't both types like to see some rewards/scores/achievements for their efforts?
    In many tutorials for locos there are some complicated batteries to be charged, systems to be started up,etc but when you play the main game these are not necessary and the gameplay is dumbed down as a result. Could there be a setting to enable/disable these on the menus?
    There us no reward/recognition whatsover for having the correct lights on, destination set, train safety systems, sounding horn in the right places, coasting(saving energy/reduce strain on engines).
    Could the scoring system be reviewed to recognise more advanced gameplay - both hardcore gamers and train buffs would like to get high scores, if not then grip it and rip it and get a bronze score?
    My suggestion would be a diamond/platinum level ( or both?) above gold which would reward driving with more advanced systems running. The Mastery rewards is another option to review/enhance.
    I know its not on the Road Map but should it be?

• Like Like x 8
  2. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

Good suggestion's, mastery is slowly being added. I think diamond and platinum medals would be great because the average player wont feel punished for not using safety systems as they can still get gold :)

Just curios how many hours have you played?

• Like Like x 1
  3. russianchip

russianchip Guest

Great idea, time is my limit with work, kids and general home stuff going on, so I’m more of an arcade style just driving trains when I’m get the chance!

Love the idea of keeping gold for the arcade style and adding platinum and diamond for the full on experience.

Also if there could be a setting to allow players to miss hoovering and avoid wallpapering to achieve diamond points that would be great!

• Like Like x 4
  4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

good suggestion \o/

• Like Like x 1