Gwe Diesel Legends -feedback

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by friskey.marcedes, May 21, 2021.

1. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

Apologies if there is already a thread for this bit my thoughts on the DLC:-
    1. Great to add on a new layer to an existing route
    2. The new route seems to have deleted the Greenford services(PC) "cheat" - this seems unfair - does the cheat still work if you didn't buy DLC?
    3. Lack of variety on Diesel Legends - nearly every service follows the same route and arrives on the same platforms.
    4. Missed opportunity to use parts of the route that haven't be used before - such as the large depot area to sw of Reading. Diesel Legends didn't have any services making use of Reading sidings.
    5. Felt like a bit of a niche/rushed job and wasn't the finished article. Could Adam's crew add some variety when he gets round to Diesel Legends?
    6. Price £14.99 was too much and should have been no more than £9.99
    7. Summary - great idea but lacked substance to warrant the price and I want my Greenford services back please...

• Like Like x 3
  2. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Great review, but Omg I hope the preservation crew don’t spend a second working on this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

They'll definitely do that when it's GWE's turn to get its upgrade. Legends also has a Bug where it's impossible to get Gold on trips between Paddington and Reading with the Class 52

Last edited: May 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

As an old BR fan, I am thoroughly enjoying this dlc. Since it came out I've not driven anything else and I'm only half way through the timetable. There are some interesting paths for the oil train to take, using the goods loops but i would have preferred more variety, using the 12ton vans from Trans Pennine for example. Mail trains don't feature either and would add a bit of variety to the fast line services which are restricted to one train an hour in each direction. The light engine movements to and from Old Oak Common add a lot of interest and thrashing along with the 31 on coaches is great fun. The 101 is wonderful and I ever get tired of the challenge of driving it and recreating the journeys of my youth. I don't want to get into an argument with anybody but I and I'm sure, quite a few other older players, am getting a lot of enjoyment from this, far more than I ever did from the original GWE. It could be better of course but so could all the routes. I'm just enjoying driving BR trains along a four track main line until they get round to building an actual one.

• Like Like x 9
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This is exactly how I see the pack as well. The services for the Class 31 (a great bonus layer for owners of this excellent loco) are the highlight for me. I always liked the original GWE and this just adds so much more to the route on top. Lots of services for the Class 101, another of DTG’s finest creations. Well worth the full price, even with owning all the locos previously. Of course it still has some issues but these can be worked on in time, and if anyone can point me in the direction of a DLC with no issues, I’ll buy them this pack as a reward, and there is a little room for improvement with the fast services which are a little too similar. Great DLC though.

• Like Like x 6
  6. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

I do think the limiting factor on the GWE with either the legends or in modern is that its a fast "straight" there and back.

With the 47/45/52 full throttle out of Reading, and then remember to break for 50 section outside Paddington.

I agree driving the 101 is fun on the GWE because you dont have the blinking hills of the NTP.

D

• Like Like x 2
  7. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

I guess I should get TVL and the 31 as it appears to add layers to most UK routes:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

I agree I too have been enjoying this one. I really like the variety with the Western Namplates, I do hope they implement type of thing this into newer routes (names, one off liveries etc)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I like this pack. I already had the locos and bought it for a bit of variety on the GWE route - I already had all the other routes that add layers. I've actually ended up playing it a lot more than the original route. So from a value for money point of view it's probably one of the better DLCs for me.

• Like Like x 2