Tel Aviv To Jerusalem Railroad

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by zsmonostori80, Jan 14, 2020.

1. zsmonostori80

zsmonostori80 New Member

TEL AVIV-JERUSALEM RAILWAY

Thinking about something different, something unique yey somehow pretty familiar? Think no further! This route would be a perfect future DLC candidate for Train Simulator 2020, it has everything one would expect from a decent passenger route.

[​IMG]

The line was under construction from 2001 and there were quite a few challenges and obstacles to overcome until the full length opened on the 21st of December, 2019, although it was already in operation but only partially open before.

Currently, it runs from Tel Aviv's HaHagana station via Ben Gurion International Airport all the way to the underground Navon station in Jerusalem, 80 meters below ground level, making it one of the deepest train stations in the world.

[​IMG]

The route also features the longest bridge in Israel, being 1.25 km long as well as the highest bridge in the country, being 90 m, and the longest tunnel, which 11.6 km long.

[​IMG]

A representation of the line in Train Simulator would not be complete without the currently work-in-progress part of the route onwards from Tel Aviv HaHagana station to Tel Aviv HaShalom and Savidor Central, although this section is due to open later this year.

End to end journey time is about 35 minutes on the currently operating section, shaving journey times between the two cities by more than 40 minutes. Trains are running at speeds of up to160 km/h under numerous tunnels and bridges and other cool engineering features. The wonderful Mediterranean scenery makes for a very spectacular journey.

The double-decker coaches are very familiar to those interested in German railways and the Bombardier Traxx P160 AC3 is no stranger either. The whole railroad has a very European feel, and due to it being relatively short and packed with several tunnels, it would make for a very nice addon, one that can be easily developed, perfectly fitting into Dovetail's ever-shrinking route length envelope. Thinking of development, there is also needless to separately create snowy winter assets as it is not too common in Israel. Therefore, a significant amount of time and effort could be spent elsewhere, making it a cost-efficient route to develop.

[​IMG]

Trains, shortly after departing Jerusalem bound for Tel Aviv, run in a tunnel under the occupied West Bank territory near the town of Beir Surik.

The modelled route in Train Simulator could also include the Modi'in branch which includes Pa'atei and Modi'in Center stations of which the latter is also underground.

Overall, this would be a truly incredible addon product, something never seen before in Train Simulator, bringing us a very young railroad in a very young country, one with a nice European touch due to its rolling stock and train protection system and overall feel to it.

It is certainly a standard gauge line (1435 mm) and is protected by the familiar PZB/Indusi system (to be replaced by ERTMS GSM-R/ETCS L2). The line is electrified by single-phase 25 kV 50 Hz AC OCS.

[​IMG]

Please review this as a possible future DLC and consider bringing the Holy Land with its awesome new railroad to Train Simulator 2020 so that we can experience what it takes to shuttle our Bombardier Traxx hauled (or pushed!) double-decker consist between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 10
  2. zsmonostori80

zsmonostori80 New Member

Here is a night time cab ride video, although not of great quality.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. soccerman4000

soccerman4000 New Member

I'd like to see this DLC put into the game.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Apart from an end to end run for 40 mins with a DB BR147 and DB Stock what else can you do on the line?
    Are there any freight workings?

• Like Like x 1
  5. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

Yes, there are some freight trains that bring salt and other minerals up from the Dead Sea area.

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Over this section of line?
    And with what traction?

7. NEC Railfan

I'm not too sure, perhaps I'm mixing it up with the rest of the Israeli network.

Israel, like many other countries, uses EMD exports, such as G12s, [​IMG] G26s, [​IMG] A dash 2 version of the G26 called the GT26CW-2, [​IMG] and an Alstom model called the 42CW [​IMG] (a four-axle version is for passenger trains). The switcher model is a GA DE900, the only locomotive model without EMD prime movers. [​IMG]

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I was hoping the OP would have responded as he seems to have current info on his proposed route.
    If it's a 60 mile route with one type of train that might get a bit boring after a few runs.
    When a route also has other types of traffic that is what makes it interesting

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  9. zsmonostori80

zsmonostori80 New Member

What "other" type of train can you run on the over 300 km TGV line from Lyon to Marseilles? What "other" type of train can you run on the recently released London Underground or the somewhat older Frankfurt U-Bahn? Or many of the British routes?

This should not be a problem. The route is a passenger route and this is what makes it interesting plus the location that is quite unique. Why should a route always be full of every kinds of trains? Makes no sense.

10. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I think Peter already gave you the answer to that; variety is the spice of life. Being able to run the German routes with a choice of all the trains, some old, some new, some more powerful, some which take a bit more effort, it all adds to the longevity and playability of the route. Much more interesting that running the same route with the same train again and again.

• Like Like x 3
  11. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

I'd concur, the TGV isn't great once you gone end to end a couple of times.

Also given the controversy over parts of this route going through the Occupied West bank I would be surprised if DTG were willing to touch it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ItayLevy2001

ItayLevy2001 Member

I had asked DTG for bringing Israel with it's first electrified railway service for TS2020 for many times!

13. elyonpc

elyonpc Member

I have started on creating this project and have the tracks with tunnels and bridges from Mevaseret Zion to Yitzak Navon in Jerusalem. I am working on the Navon station with its two separate platforms and four tracks. This project will take some time to complete as most stations in Train Simulator seem to be made as one large asset. I am having to build all this by hand, adding benches, lights, and signage. I will post some progress as I work to finish my first platform for tracks 3&4.

I have also started making some Israel locomotive repaints. The TRAXX P160 AC3 has been recreated using the BR 187 model and the JT42BW have been made using the Class 67. These can be found on the Train Sim Corner site under reskins/ Other Countries. Also check out our Facebook page Train Simulator Israel.

• Like Like x 2
  14. elyonpc

elyonpc Member

Here are pics of the progress so far.

20210220111023_1.jpg

20210223171450_1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Interesting. Hope this works out and, if it turns into a decent-length project, that DTG might be willing to commercialize it in the future to make it more widely available with trains, scenarios, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  16. ItayLevy2001

ItayLevy2001 Member

TS1_Social_ISR_Assets_1920x1080.jpg What about this picture??

17. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Wow, you know how to use photoshop......

Is this why you kept asking the forums for the TS2021 font?

18. ItayLevy2001

ItayLevy2001 Member

Yes

19. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

I don't get why people are trying to make their suggestions look like official content announcements.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Just a heads-up. DTG might not like that because you make it appear that it is their work. It means people could think there is an official DTG release when there is nothing planned from them. If you get a commercialized project with license in the future, let them promote the route.

• Like Like x 1
  21. NEC Railfan

Eh one can dream, besides it doesn't looks completely official to me, there are some differences such as the phrase "In the planning."