Spoorlijn Roosendaal - Vlissingen Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by drnicktgm#1259, May 24, 2021.

?
  1. Yes that's a great route

13 vote(s)
    76.5%
  2. I don't know, maybe if it would be on sale

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. Sorry but not interested in Netherland routes

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

upload_2021-5-24_12-44-26.png
    The train that is used on the route are VIRM trains, full name Verlengd InterRegio Materieel, are a series of electric multiple unit double-deck trains operated by Nederlandse Spoorwegen or NS , the principal railway operator in the Netherlands. NS has 178 of these double-deckers - 98 four-carriage sets, and 80 six-carriage sets. The trains were built between 1994 and 2009 - for the most part by Talbot, part of Bombardier Inc., with some railcars built by De Dietrich.

The Zeeland Line, also called Line F or State Line F, is the railway line that connects Vlissingen, Middelburg, Goes and Bergen op Zoom with Roosendaal. The railway is one of the state lines built by the State of the Netherlands according to the law of 18 August 1860. The railway could be built after the construction of the Sloedam and the Kreekrakdam, which connected the islands of Walcheren and Zuid-Beveland by land with the rest of the Netherlands. The line has two large railway bridges: One over the Canal through Zuid-Beveland and one over the Scheldt-Rhine Canal.
    It has a length of 74,4 km (The full route from Vlissingen to Amsterdam is about 206 km) and the high-speed on the route is 140 km/h
    upload_2021-5-24_12-49-34.png
    upload_2021-5-24_12-46-42.png
    As along the other railway lines of the first state construction, the standard stations of the State Railways also appeared along State Line F. Vlissingen Souburg station is the only station on this railway that was not put into use during or shortly after the opening of the route. The suburban stop was opened in 1986. Until the Second World War, Vlissingen also had two stations, of which Vlissingen Haven was located on the location of the current Vlissingen station; Vlissingen City station was closed. A number of smaller stations, including those of 's-Heer Arendskerke, Wouw and Woensdrecht, were also closed over the years.
    upload_2021-5-24_12-47-59.png
    A striking number of the original station buildings have been preserved along State Line F. The buildings of Middelburg, Arnemuiden, Kapelle-Biezelinge, Kruiningen-Yerseke and Krabbendijke date from the year of opening, although various small and large renovations have taken place at these stations.
    upload_2021-5-24_12-48-54.png
    For passengers, there are two slow trains per hour on the Zeeuwse Lijn. The stations Vlissingen, Vlissingen Souburg, Middelburg, Arnemuiden, Goes, Kapelle-Biezelinge, Kruiningen-Yerseke, Krabbendijke, Rilland-Bath, Bergen op Zoom and Roosendaal are all served and the trains then run as an intercity via Rotterdam, The Hague HS, among others. , Leiden Central and Haarlem to Amsterdam Central.

If you also would like to have an Netherland route in TSW 2 then write it down below

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. aglomarsale

aglomarsale Well-Known Member

I find Dutch trains to be boring and the landscape to be repetitive, but anything
    outside the 3 countries would be nice.

And I like the yellow blue color scheme

• Like Like x 1
  3. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Just out of personal curiosity, what makes Dutch trains boring to you? I've been pushing for Dutch routes in TSW for a while now, and I would love to know if there are aspects of Dutch routes and rolling stock that are percieved as boring, so I can negate these aspects (as much as possible) when making route suggestions :).

• Like Like x 1
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

It is a great route and if there are drawbridges involved there is no Overhead wires on them unlike Germany US & UK which have Overhead wires installed. The Game needs more ATB Dutch train protection system routes like this one. At Roosendal Station it's a voltage change point 3kv DC TBL Memor II SNCB NMBS Infrabel to 1.5kv DC Netherlands Prorail ATB

• Like Like x 1
  5. drnicktgm#1259

I have been to the Netherlands a lot of time and I really like these trains there and I would like to drive there, my favourite one is the VIRM, because of the motor sound, and because it belongs to the Dostos Family I think, because I have heard something about it, but it's also from Bombardier

• Like Like x 1
  6. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

They might be slightly related to German Dosto's in some ways, but were originally built by Talbot in Aachen and specially designed for the requirements by NS :).

• Like Like x 2
  7. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

If we're talking about Dutch trains that are related to Dosto's I'd sooner say DDZ (formerly DDAR) fit the bill better.

DDZ
    [​IMG][​IMG]

DDAR
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. driverwoods#1787

I agree and the game needs a new train protection system so that Community can try out Dutch ATB which is identical to pulse code signaling found on Long Island Rail Road and Northeast Corridor.

• Like Like x 1
  9. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Our tbl 1 ++ system and voltage switch is closer to Essen, our ugly pignosed mr75 manages the 1,5kv (barely) and drive to roosendaal without atb

• Like Like x 1
  10. driverwoods#1787

Okay then and I'm wondering if your NMBS Class 18 you usually operate does it have the proper switch to go ATB EG NG 1.5kv DC it can actually layer here as Roosendaal Amsterdam service. Originating at Brussel Zuid in French that is Bruxelles Gare Midi

11. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Sadly not only, tbl, etcs lvl 1 and 2 and KVB, also only has 2 pantographs 3kv and 25kv

12. driverwoods#1787

Looks like it leaves the Traxx 28 & 29 locomotives since those have ATB perfectly suited for Roosendaal Amsterdam section of this route.

13. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a Dutch route, but I'm not convinced this particular one is all that interesting. Although it's been two decades since I last drove on this line, I do remember it being... well... boring...
    But I personally never really understood the appeal of the Zeeland province.

What makes this line so interesting?

14. lenick0110

lenick0110 New Member

That's a great route suggestion, we really need that in the game

• Like Like x 1
  15. drnicktgm#1259

We really need something Dutch in the game because there are a lot of interesting things

• Like Like x 1
  16. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

True, but not sure this particular route is that interesting. Although it's been a long time since I last drove on this route, I remember it to be a pretty boring landscape. I think there'd be more interesting Dutch routes to choose from.