Editing

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ghawk2005, May 23, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

Has anyone managed to figure out a way to edit the physics of trains in TSW2 themselves yet?

• Like Like x 1
  2. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

Nice post. I doubt it since without the editor people have very limited ways to interact with TSW content .

But to add to your inquiry can anyone modify the headlights to extend the range and make them actually useful during night for at least German trains ?

3. involvedmass

involvedmass Member

I think it would have been done at this point if it is possible.
    However, the 182 has the best headlights out of the german locos.

Edit: "the best headlights" = headlights that make any driving at night at least enjoyable :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Agreed. The 182 headlights are perfect. I hope future locos have the same amount of light being emitted.

5. dbrunner#4864

True, 182 does have workable headlights. If Traxx/ICE trains would also have the same headlight it would be a start. In a way its funny how in MSTS (2000) they did headlights right, lighting hundred of meters in front, NFS 3 Hot Porsuit had in 1998 projected headlights that where powerful enough to light the pitch black environment, and in post 2020 TSW its a feature that cannot be implemented properly. Headlights are essential for night driving especially since TSW routes are dark like a bat cave during night.

6. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

only way i think you could change the physics is having simugraph the program that runs the physics but obviously no one can get that

7. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

I wouldn't think you'd need the program. Just change the loco values that the program uses to model that loco's physics.

But the main purpose of the headlight is for others to see that a train is approaching. If you're traveling along at 160 km/h, there's probably not enough time to stop if you see something unexpected in front of the train.

8. involvedmass

involvedmass Member

It's not about seeing several hundred meters in front of you. It's that I find it impossible to even see the speed signs when driving certain locos at night.

9. dbrunner#4864

Well i want to see the track clearly as you would in real life. But you do have a point why am i asking for headlights that would light up hundred of meters when it doesn't light up even 10 meters in game and any signs around the track are invisible. It also doesn't help that the signs used in game don't have reflective surface so they would at least shine under light even if the ground its not lit up under neath them.