Cathcart Circle Stream Preview Next Friday, Without Sam.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Inkar, May 24, 2021.

1. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Friday May 28th -
    Train Sim World 2:
    8PM UTC - Cathcart Circle with Matt & JD

Please, add Sam to the preview stream. We need someone to ask the hard questions!

Edit: DTG has changed the stream to 8PM (was 7 previously).

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 33
  2. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I like JD, but he is not the right type of person for this, Sam would be a better fit, I agree.

• Like Like x 18
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Agreed. JD is great, but Sam has a knack of getting the community heard.

EDIT: Regardless of who presents it with Matt, I’m certainly looking forward to seeing the route and the 314. I really hope the branches are included.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  4. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Wow. Not giving JD a chance after, how many streams he was on at this point. Just sad.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

JD should ask the tough questions. He’s the community guy now. He’s as much our representative as he is DTG’s.

On the other hand, there might not be any tough questions to ask. There aren’t any to ask yet because we know next to nothing about the route and we have not seen what the quality is like, so we can’t give any feedback yet for JD or anyone else to grill Matt about.

I’m sure there are many people sharpening their pitchforks in readiness for the first glimpse of the ballast, eager to tell us all the colour of it doesn’t look Scottish enough. I don’t think the presence of Sam in the live stream would make any difference there. Any real issues I’m sure will be discovered at some point and we can give feedback in time as necessary.

• Like Like x 9
  6. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

I just want to add Sam. Not asking for JD not to be there as I have no problem with him. In fact, he did a very nice Quiz a couple weeks ago. JD can ask tough questions next friday too if he wants to.

• Like Like x 11
  7. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

If the passengers are not wearing kilts I'm gonna start a riot! :D

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

The lack of a buffet selling deep fried Mars Bars is a deal breaker for me!

• Like Like x 5
  9. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

And as we all know, every piece of ballast has been painted with a little Saltire.

Unless I've forgotten one, JD's only done 1 preview stream

• Like Like x 1
  10. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This could be a good DLC as they don't have to hide the shortcomings behind sarcasm. I am of good cheer.
    But also a little bit of sadness.
    JD is a good boy \o/

• Like Like x 2
  11. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

The cynic in me thinks that this wasn't a coincidence...

• Like Like x 3
  12. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I wonder, from a professional marketing perspective, if DTG JD will insist that the version of Cathcart to be demonstrated should be a fully tested and fully working shipping build..... or whether he's up for the challenge of just going with the flow, and going on a magical voyage of discovery, as they (maybe) try out a rough "preview" cut of the DLC for the first time....?

Could be interesting.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Clumsy Pacer

I doubt that, as it may well have not finished testing, so the best that may be able to be done is a test build.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. DeStijl

Yes, I'm sure it's in the midst of the notoriously rigorous testing process.

• Like Like x 3
  15. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

what testing lol

• Like Like x 3
  16. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I just feel deeply sad for the marketing guys, when they do these streams, whether it is an "unfinished preview" or "unfinished launched product".... It must be soul destroying, as a marketing professional, to have to try and smother a live internet broadcast with lipstick, knowing that it will be left online for all time, with the crispy bacon lingering in the ether. But, you know... what can you do...? It's just one of those things that you have to roll with, I guess.... and nothing can be done about it.

I do admire their bravery though. And, you know, there probably isn't any time to prepare for the stream, do a rehearsal, or check that things work beforehand.... because, you know... time is always against the Dev guys... and finding a full 30 minutes to check everything works is difficult these days. because, as we know:

Less Time = Less Money

So - best leave it to Lady Luck then, and "just see what happens"..... and hopefully she will be smiling on Friday... but in a warm friendly and supportive way, and not giggling to herself because she is looking the other way, at a re-run of The Office.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Clumsy Pacer

If they didn't, then there'd be absolutely no preview streams at all. Judging by the fact people are about to have heart attacks because there hasn't been an article or screenshot published (all that we've heard since it was first announced is that Matt is enjoying playing it), it's probably best they do preview streams.
    I don't understand how it'd be soul destroying to market something that isn't finished and isn't released when you clearly declare it's unfinished and know it'll probably still be worked on. I mean, most the game trailers that go on TV or are shown at E3 are just pre-rendered CGI and don't feature a single second of gameplay.

The point of these preview streams is to let us know before the product releases if it's "right" for us, and the best way to do that is to show unedited gameplay of it.

• Like Like x 6
  18. DeStijl

I mean, they're probably still working on this totally unfinished and bug ridden mess, right?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Clumsy Pacer

No, it just formed from the magma of the Earth and was slapped on our screens.

Probably explains why it's an unfinished, bug riddden mess that's given me over 160 hours of enjoyable entertainment and I don't think I've ran into anything that completely broke my game. In my experience, TSW2 is a well built product compared to TS1 which is just a bug and CTD buffet.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  20. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

That's depressing. Fortunately there are some enjoyable pastimes we can turn to when things get gloomy on the forums.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Agreed that Sam definitely has a very good track record of asking the tough questions and kind of sometimes forcing the "general situation" out of Matt (mostly seen with the crazy pack of DLCs needed for Diesel Legends to fully work). But there's still a chance for JD to become somewhat rough in this area. Though I can see why DTG wouldn't want Sam 2.0 :D That being said, a trio of stream hosts would also be fine to see.

Sidenote: This week's stream schedule is very... "juicy" :D

• Like Like x 3
  22. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m hoping Cathcart Circle might be the next East Coastway in terms of how well the route/314 is built. Can’t wait until Friday.

• Like Like x 7
  23. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Who needs enemies when you haves fans who want to make you work on a Friday night...

Anyway, maybe the purpose of this stream is to get some last minute input from users before sending the build off for final approval, which means they might have a few days, possibly even a couple of weeks to react to whatever is said, as per the SEHS stream where there was the... Ummm... Very rational feedback about the fences. I seem to remember someone from DTG, probably Sam, saying it was actually quite useful to see what people thought of as important in those final days. Of course, SEHS shipped with loads of bugs anyway, but at least we had the fences.

I don't personally think it matters that Sam is there, in fact I am sure it doesn't, Sam, imo, has only one objective, to set expectations for a DLC/update, which is fine if you have absolutely no experience with this game, and so he's usually pushing Matt/Adam to say "we'd love to do it but it's not on the roadmap" with a wry smile, as opposed to "you're right, it's wrong, we'll fix it right away!", and if people can't make their own mind up by now as to whether the product in a stream is up to their own standards, then goodness knows how they can write so much about how they never are.

Of course, it could just be a preview of an alright route, in which case we'll still get the threads, but at least they'll just be about how the columns supporting the M74 are the wrong shape.

• Like Like x 4
  24. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

I think if they can get it right to the level of the East Coastway, then it will be absolutely amazing and can’t wait. I think it is possible because it’s relatively short route compared to what have recently been released and only has one train like East Coastway.
    ECW has 30 miles with one train.
    GCC similar length if not smaller (can’t find the exact length) with one train.

• Like Like x 7
  25. Clumsy Pacer

I agree, he's not absolutely necessary. In the Hamburg preview, JD asked Matt why they decided to go with low entry Dostos, and Matt gave an answer. People were saying the stream desperately needed Sam to ask the "hard questions". What were people expecting Sam would do? Talk him into resigning?

Well, let's have a look at the launch stream.... Oh look! Sam added absolutely nothing.

26. dcnine#5410

dcnine#5410 Well-Known Member

Not only the fences, but also a much larger timetable with Gravesend services, railtours, and freight!

• Like Like x 5
  27. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I think that JD will do just fine on Friday's stream, he may still be a bit green to do streams but he has to be given the chance to build up his confidence. We also need to remember that Sam probably started out the say way green and new to being able to ask the hard questions as well.

I am looking forward to Friday's stream.

• Like Like x 3
  28. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

All in all I think JD just has to adjust a bit, and we should give him more time before going 'oh you could never be Sam, we want him back!'.

I do however like the idea of having a crossover period, where JD and Sam do these streams together, which provides players/viewers with more continuitiy and allows them to learn fron eachother.

• Like Like x 2
  29. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

It’s great to have JD on the stream. He is more professional than some. Pleased to see Glasgow Cathcart released is imminent.

I enjoy listening to Matt, Sam and JD

• Like Like x 3
  30. Clumsy Pacer

I'm just hoping they haven't made a dog's dinner of it - I'm really getting desperate for something new to drive, unfortunately everything's either been not very good or not of interest (currently waiting for SEHS to go on sale).

• Like Like x 1
  31. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

Were getting an article this week as well as the Friday stream :) GCC 1.png

GCC 2.png

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

I think we’ve reached a point where the community has gotten far too precious, when you have complaints over who’s going to be appearing in a stream.

• Like Like x 7
  33. pbandyopadhyay29

pbandyopadhyay29 Member

I kinda agree. Let's focus on the content. I feel like we get a ton of engagement from this crew. I'm also waiting on Heroes of the Inner Sphere for Mechwarrior 5 and the level of engagement and info by that team is painful compared to here. I'd happily take a stream from anyone over there.

• Like Like x 3
  34. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I notice it is being broadcast on Steam as well so it doesn't really matter who is presenting as the stream will collapse after 15 minutes anyway :D

35. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Kilts are worn without underwear. I will check it out! I demand ultimate realism!

• Like Like x 1
  36. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

recently they been doing the preveiw stream without sam...any reason??

37. DeStijl

JD is a better salesman ;)

• Like Like x 1
  38. dcnine#5410

dcnine#5410 Well-Known Member

Also, Sam isn’t the community manager anymore, JD is.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. pacificorca#1435

pacificorca#1435 Active Member

I love Sam on streams just for entertainment but all the community/stream folks are fantastic. To me this week isn't about asking tough questions, it's about DTG having an opportunity to prove that Hamburg-Lubeck is not the standard they're going to be sending out going forward.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Yeah. The only thing that makes me watch the streams is Sam. He is willing to dole out criticism and ask the tough questions as well as keep some people in check. It feels wierd without him though.

• Like Like x 5
  41. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Does that mean we can't watch it on Twitch or YouTube..?

• Like Like x 1
  42. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

According to todays announcement of the stream schedule the broadcast will be on all 3 platforms Twitch, Youtube and Steam

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Ah right, that's good to know, thanks.

44. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

very nice! also I was just wondering which discord server this was in, as I would quite like to join. Thanks :)

45. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I wonder when the article will be released?

• Like Like x 1
  46. Mkdog45

I reckon either the Wednesday or Friday which leaves a big boy article space for TS classic.

• Like Like x 1
  47. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Agreed. Sam and Matt are like the “Penn and Teller” of streams, the “Laurel and hardy” of bugs and the “Ant and Dec” of evening entertainment.

• Like Like x 6
  48. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Come on and release the article with Screenshots

• Like Like x 2
  49. Mkdog45

Just so everyone is aware, the stream had been moved to 8pm UTC / 9pm BST tomorrow (Friday 28th May)

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  50. Clumsy Pacer

• Like Like x 7