PlayStation G W E, Services Done In Journey Mode Not Marked As Done In Timetable Mode

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Slemcer, May 29, 2021.

1. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

When I saw this today in TSW 2, I remembered that this also happened in TSW 2020.
    The game also forgot all the medals I achieved, except those for scenarios.
    Something is definitely wrong here, it needs to be fixed!

In general, I expect professional software development. At the moment I consider this to be the work of an amateur with little to no experience.... :(
    It's nothing anybody should be proud of!

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  2. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

The modules in Journey mode are actually different from those in Timetable mode (the Journey ones have fixed season, weather and time). Obviously the completeion status should be linked together, but this needs to be done consistently.

I would actually prefer them to be completely segregated - because at the moment it is unclear (say, with respect to trophies that depend on number of services to be completed), how the stats summaries work, or if they work. So - you could find yourself doing the Journey mode services, but in order to get the trophy the services might actually need to be done in Timetable mode.... and if some of these are already marked as completed (when the trophy counter doesn't consider them as being completed), then that causes a problem.

You literally have to go back to Journey mode, note down all of the services contained within the Journey... then recomplete them in Timetable mode, and track it all on paper. Nightmare.

3. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

That's something I've already done for all the routes I've bought (it's a spreadsheet with currently some 2500+ lines). ^^
    I did not only track the given information, like service name, starting time and station, but also other details like starting track, destination station and track, ETA (for passenger services), following service name (where applicable), delays during the drive and so on.

That way I was able to identify certain faults and inconsistancies in the timetables on various routes, but from the lack of response I got when I reported them (or something being done to fix them), I believe DTG simply doesn't care ...

• Like Like x 1