Nyc Subway B/d/f/m Trains (6 Avenue Line)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, May 29, 2021.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Today, I am suggesting the 6 Avenue Line, or the B/D/F/M Trains for TSW 2.

Most of the information can be found in this video.

The 6 Avenue Line is a Trunk Line of the NYC Subway. The B, D, F, and M Trains run along it.

The B Train, also known as the 6 Avenue Express, runs between 145 St in Manhattan and Brighton Beach in Brooklyn. During Rush Hours, it is extended into The Bronx to Bedford Park Blvd, and During Late Nights (12 AM - 5 AM), B Trains do not run. It runs Express in Manhattan Between 34 St - Herald Sq to W 4 St, and in Brooklyn between Prospect Park and Brighton Beach.

The D Train, also known as the 6 Avenue Express, runs between Norwood - 205 St in The Bronx and Coney Island - Stillwell Avenue in Brooklyn. It runs Peak Direction Express Services between 145 St and Bedford Park Blvd During Rush Hours, to compensate for B Trains running on the Bronx portion. The D Train runs Express in Manhattan between 34 St - Herald Sq and W 4 St, and in Brooklyn between Atlantic Av - Barclays Center and 36 St.

The F Train, also known as the 6 Avenue Local, runs between Jamaica - 179 St in Queens, and Coney Island - Stillwell Avenue in Brooklyn. It runs Express in Queens between Forest Hills - 71 Avenue and 74 St - Roosevelt Avenue/21 St - Queensbridge. It also runs Peak Direction Express Services in Brooklyn.

And The M Train, also known as the 6 Avenue Local, runs between Forest Hills - 71 Avenue in Queens and Middle Village - Metropolitan Avenue… also in Queens. It has a different service pattern for different times of the day (More information about the service pattern can be found in the video linked above).

--

Rolling Stock

R46 - AI Services (A, C, G, N, Q)
    [​IMG]

R68 - (B, D, G)
    [​IMG]

R68A (A, B, N, Q)
    [​IMG]

R160A-1 (J, M, Z)
    [​IMG]

R160A-2/R160B (E, F, N, R)
    [​IMG]
    R179 - AI Services (A, C, J, Z)

The route could come with only the R68, R160A-1 and R160B, and include the other trains as layers from other possible NYC Subway Route DLC’s, or as Loco DLC’s.

This route would contain Elevated, Underground, and At-Grade/Open-Cut Sections. It would also have a lot of services, and rolling stock. I think TSW needs more Subway Routes, and this would be a very nice one to see in the game. I feel like this could work well with the Rush Hour Theme, coming to TSW this summer. What do you think about this suggestion?

• Like Like x 11
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

This would be cool if it was in the game. It could work well with the rush hour theme since these lines do get very busy during rush hour. I would like to see more metro/subway routes in tsw2 someday. TSW2 and dtg seems to focus more on communter rail which is fine but I think it would be cool to get more subway routes in the game. Subways are what makes cities move. The NYC subway is a very popular suggestion and popular with the community so I hope we see this in the future.

I would like to see more subway routes after dtg makes improvements to the BKL because if dtg can't get a full timetable for the Bakerloo Line, then how would they make a full timetable for the B, D , F and M trains.

• Like Like x 1
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and I've been to the 23rd street station F&M trains that station is actually set up as like this 6th ave locals sides the central tunnel is path train below those are the express track tunnels and on top of the express tunnel it's actually a underpass for the PATH train.
    Build dates
    1986-1988 Westinghouse Alstom R68
    1988-1990 Kawasaki Yonkers R68A
    2006-2010 Alstom Kawasaki R160A-2 & R160B
    2006-2009 Kawasaki R160B Siemens although you are more likely to encounter them on Coney Island routes N,Q & W trains some are Jamaica Yard R & F trains
    R160A-1 2006-2010 Alstom Hornell, NY M train.
    The difference between the A1 and A2 R160s are A-1 is 8 car trains A-2 10 car trains. 14th Street is going to be different because you have the L train underneath the F & M trains and on top of the Express B & D trains that station can serve as a transfer point to another suggestion of yours the west Side IRT which goes to the Bronx via 96th Street Broadway.
    Late Nights only D & F trains operate M train Shuttle between Myrtle Avenue Broadway in Middle Village Metropolitan Avenue. For B train use D & Q trains by transforming at Atlantic Terminal Brooklyn Barclays Center

Last edited: May 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. driverwoods#1787

Excellent idea and if you want to operate R46 8th ave line needs to be built and R179 comes in 8 & 10 car versions 10 car versions A & C train 8 car versions East New York yard M Train

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  5. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Who knows, maybe they can find a way. BML is supposed to have the biggest timetable yet, and if they got that working, I’m sure they could get a 6 Ave Line Timetable working.

• Like Like x 1
  6. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

7. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Whats your problem? you just bumped 3 threads

8. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

l would hope one day in the future nyc subway would come to train sim world 2

9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

New person to the forum hasn't read the rules about bumping old threads (necroposting) so is going through anything they think is interesting and commenting on them

10. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Yeah aware of that just that there has been quite alot of necrobumps nowadays

11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Fair amount of new people on the forum... It's normal when the sales are on. People see this cheap game, buy it, hunt down the forum and want to talk about it.
    Unfortunately us "old jaded folks" wonder why things we talked about six months ago are suddenly showing up on the feed...

I'm sure it keeps Nat busy

12. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Seriously whats your problem you keep bumping up threads that dont need to be bumped

• Like Like x 1
  13. driverwoods#1787

If that were to be the problem for that account just report them. That way they don't attempt to necropost