Microsoft Sale

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nwp1, Apr 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

This is true. Even smaller games on the Microsoft store have occasional sales

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. drdavewatford

drdavewatford Active Member

Right - Microsoft discounts literally hundreds of XBOX games and DLC on a weekly basis, including small indies and sims. For this reason I’m struggling to understand why TSW is consistently excluded.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It’s probably DTGs fault and with TSW 2020 on Gamepass.

We’re Xbox players got harassing since Years

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Not only have sales become almost forgotten about for xbox,we rarely even get a 10% off savings for new dlc like steam always gets.Now before anyone say something about the fact that tsw2 goes on sale once in awhile,remember this you really don't save anything if you buy tsw2 more then once.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

I have noticed that TSW 2020 / 2 dlc hardly goes on sale with the exception of the 10% on some dlc likely due to the TSW2020 being on game pass. Although you would that thought that MS would want to encourage sales? Unless it does not do that well on Xbox?

Seems odd that dlc would go on sale so often on Steam and PS but almost never on Xbox so I have the PC and PS versions as my main versions I play.

• Like Like x 3
  6. tallboy7648

Heck there is a spring sale right now on the Microsoft Store and there are dozens of games for sale. I managed to get Project Cars 2 on that sale for $8.99 compared to it's normal $59.99 price tag and Super Street Fighter 4 for $5.99 compared to the normal $29.99

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The issue might be that TSW2020 is on Gamepass. Microsoft has a vested interest in not having sales on Gamepass games, because they want to sell subscriptions

8. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Horizon 4 got always sales

• Like Like x 1
  9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

A title published by MS got sales on MS' platform... Hardly a surprise

• Like Like x 5
  10. jblack47047

jblack47047 New Member

Who knows but maybe when rush hour comes out we might get a decent sale, fingers crossed. I did get TSW2 in the recent sale which I thought was a great price plus I have had TSW2020 collectors edition for a while so got the preserved routes added, I did see one different route DLC a few months back for that game that had £5 off and was not part of the ongoing game pass deal, but lately there has been nothing. You would think by reducing DLC it would encourage more sales anyway, still with new stuff on the way there is always a chance older content could get a sale, just a thought.

11. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Sam even confirmed that in the Stream yesterday

• Like Like x 3
  12. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Give us finally the Xbox Dlc sale for everything, the full price for old DLCs are ridiculous.
    I Lost many content because it’s on my PlayStation account, but I don’t own a PS5 yet.

• Like Like x 3
  13. tallboy7648

But tsw2020 and tsw2 are sepereate titles

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

TSW2020≠TSW2

• Like Like x 4
  15. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Oh man I know, it's getting so absolutely ridiculous at this point. And probably because it's all in stupid game pass

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. SHINO BAZ

Let's face the facts here people...
    Microsoft doesn't care what we want.
    Dovetail Games says they can't do anything about the lack of tsw2 dlc sales for xbox.
    But i highly suspect that there just may be some we also don't care attitudes somewhere in all this,because so far none of the main players have so much as lifted a finger to try and inquire about it.but alot of finger pointing has been done and has solved nothing.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

TSW2 content is also on sale on PS store again so it makes you wonder why the lack of sales on Xbox if it was a AAA game that sold loads it would be on sale all the time

• Like Like x 2
  18. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Sale for TSW2020 and TSW2 Deluxe on Microsoft Store. Xbox versions. Don't think any individual DLC is on sale for TSW. Looks like a simulation themed sale like we had last year.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Who would've guessed, no DLC again. this is so mind blowing

• Like Like x 4
  20. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Simulator sale and once again no DLC on sale, this is beyond insane at this point

• Like Like x 3
  21. SHINO BAZ

How many times does microsoft think people who own tsw1/2020/2 will buy the game again.

• Like Like x 2
  22. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Such sales are for casual Players, not for hardcore Fans who even register in a Forum for their favorite Game. Still the whole Situation is just embarrassing, especially the thing, if you ask DTG it's Microsoft's fault and if you ask Microsoft it's DTG's fault.

• Like Like x 7
  23. drdavewatford

In response to our complaints DTG has told us repeatedly that they can only offer discounts on Xbox when Microsoft offers them sale slots. So this week Microsoft finally offers DTG a couple of sale slots, but those two precious slots were used to once again discount the base games rather than giving existing users some money off DLC. Thanks for nothing.

It’s three and a half months and counting since I last bought DLC, and that will continue until XBOX users get DLC discounts like everybody else. Although the amounts of money concerned are relatively small it’s now become a matter of principle.

• Like Like x 9
  24. ARuscoe

Then complain to Microsoft. It's their biased policies that are at fault here rather than DTG. Funny how almost every game published by MS or an associated studio gets lots of sales laid on, don't you think?

• Like Like x 1
  25. drdavewatford

DTG have explained on a number of occasions that they can only offer items for sale when Microsoft offers them sale slots. Well, Microsoft have offered them two slots this week and once again those slots are filled with the base games, so I’m not sure you can blame MS this time.

• Like Like x 2
  26. ARuscoe

Why restrict it? Just put out a "put anything you like on sale"
    Of course DTG are going to put up the things that will make them the most money, and if putting the base game up means people might then buy DLC, where buying DLC is a dead end, then that makes financial sense

So still blaming MS' wonky policies

• Like Like x 1
  27. tallboy7648

But two dlc's could've been put on sale so why is tsw2020 and tsw2 on sale. TSW 2020 is pratically a dead horse at this point. Microsoft may be the one's who offer slots but it's the developers who decide what to put on sale, not Microsoft. It's not Microsoft's fault this time. It was dtg's choice so quit blaming Microsoft this time.

• Like Like x 2
  28. tallboy7648

Well if both sides are blaming each other then clearly something is wrong. My guess is not very good communication between the two or something else.

29. solicitr

From a business point of view it's a no-brainer decision. Why would you expect DTG to act against its own interests, simply to benefit you? Of course priority would go to the base game!

• Like Like x 2
  30. ARuscoe

And why are DTG limited to two spaces? Because MS, the company who run the monopoly store, choose to only allow them that.
    And as I said above I cannot fault DTG for putting the thing which will make them the most money over time on sale, even if it's not the best for the people who already have the game in hand

• Like Like x 4
  31. tallboy7648

But why buy tsw2020. That game is effectively a dead horse which is no longer being supported. I suspect that new sales for 2020 will not be high.

• Like Like x 1
  32. solicitr

2020 is still on Gamepass.

33. tallboy7648

And it's also on sale as well. TSW2020 was the second game they put on sale in the extra slot they had. There are millions of users on Gamepass and if the game is on game pass why put 2020 on sale. You can get Xbox Game Pass at $1 to start out then pay $14.99 every month after that which is very cheap to start (although instead of doing that I bought not to long ago actually a 12 Month EA Play Subscription and renewed my xbox game pass subscription buy buying another code on Amazon 12 Month Xbox Game Pass Subscription.) so I don't get why put 2020 on sale if its on gamepass. There are probably more Xbox Game pass users than there are players of tsw2020

• Like Like x 1
  34. drdavewatford

You might be right, but DTG themselves are using the lack of sale slots as an excuse for XBOX users being stiffed on DLC price compared to users of other platforms. I'm afraid this comes across as pretty disingenuous when they do finally get a couple of slots and promptly discount the base games (including wasting a slot on the near-obsolete TSW 2020) yet again rather than finally giving us some discounted DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  35. solicitr

To repeat what ARuscoe said, it's Microsoft who have allotted DTG a measly two sale slots. And "giving us some discounted DLC" sounds very selfish, when it's plainly more advantageous for DTG to expand its player base rather than cater to the existing one. Given more latitude, as on Steam, DTG have been very aggressive in putting DLC on sale.

As to why 2020 was included rather than a single DLC - which one would have been picked, I wonder? - for all we know Microsoft may well have imposed a "no DLC" rule. In fact, looking at the simulation sale page, https://www.xbox.com/en-US/promotions/sales/simulator-sale?ocid=simulator-sale_web_xbo_us_s_s_CTA, I note that there is no DLC listed for any game, only base games.

• Like Like x 1
  36. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

I got Snowrunner on Gamepass. Small game, small company. Loved it, bought a bunch of the DLCs, which, guess what, were also on sale. Funny how their studio can get spots for discounts no problem, but Dovetail can’t.

I don’t mind paying full price for a great game, but seems a little baloney to do that when other users (PC, Sony) get to buy the same game at massively discounted prices.

• Like Like x 2
  37. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

TSW2020 comes with 3 route DLCs included (NTP, MSB, LIRR). All of those routes are available for a free upgrade to TSW2 (which you don't get if you have TSW2020 on gamepass). The TSW2 Deluxe version on sale includes ECW, and that pack on sale costs less than ECW by itself.

So I make that 4 route DLCs available at a discount on Xbox right now that can be played on TSW2.

But oh, turns out it's not the DLC that some people want to be on sale, so of course it's terrible evil DTG at it again.

• Like Like x 1
  38. nockwurst

TSW has been on sale for how long now on Gamepass? Give me a break. Take a look at what’s being offered on the Sony store this week for Dovetail DLCs.

• Like Like x 4
  39. solicitr

Which suggests strongly, again, that it's Microsoft who are the problem, not DTG: plainly with any other vendor DTG are happy to put mucho DLC on sale.

40. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

As Sam described some weeks ago, I fear DTG were offered only two base game slots and no DLC this time.

But I fully blame them for not taking any action at all in this case in order to actually do something for long term customers.

And I find it highly amusive how the weekly sales on PC are of course good for the company but if a platform is entirely left behind with ridiculously high prizes (what they are!) their customers have of course be grateful for that. How dare to complain! If ever a single xbox sale happens the company is ruined! :)

I once visited a car repair shop with a minor problem I could have fixed myself within minutes but it was a warranty issue. The company told me since I was still able to drive the car I should be happy since most of it was working correctly.
    They went bancrupt a few months after.

• Like Like x 1
  41. SHINO BAZ

As important as getting more new players for your game is,you can't ignore the one major flaw in logic some here seem to be forgeting this is not a xbox only game,this is also a pc/sony ps4/5 game and both of them get fairly frequent sales on dlc so acting like xbox players some how don't need to be offered them anymore makes little sence.Beside if i had never played this game before and spent 15min researching it's history,with dtg current track record up until very recently would give me pause about buying this game at any price.5 min in this forum enough to make some leave and never come back.So if someone has stuck around up until now they shouldn't be ignored.

• Like Like x 2
  42. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Why would DTG purposefully deny a large chunk of it's customers a chance to purchase items in a sale? It wouldn't make sense! How do you know they haven't taken any action? Are you privy to conversations between DTG and Microsoft? I haven't seen anything stated anywhere by DTG which suggests X-Box users should be grateful.

I certainly wouldn't say £25 is a ridiculously high price for something which has taken many hours and several paid employees to make.

Or is blaming DTG just too easy!

• Like Like x 1
  43. drdavewatford

Maybe something is being lost in translation here, but describing existing customers who only want to be treated similarly to users on other platforms as "selfish" is bizarre!

I disagree. Compared to the price of other offerings on the XBOX store, including AAA games of a similar age and DLC from hundreds of other games, TSW DLC contains far less content and is incredibly expensive. On the basis of the frequent sales on PS and PC I actually suspect the DLC is priced in order to still be profitable when discounted.

If in contrast to the PS store and STEAM DTG can't sell their content on XBOX at a discount then they should just reduce the price on XBOX to compensate; many games are priced differently across different platforms. Until they do they're complicit with MS in giving us a rotten deal.

• Like Like x 3
  44. tallboy7648

If they lower the price for the dlc on xbox then they wouldn't do any sales or at least that's what sam has said although it's not as if there are sales for xbox anyways. While yes some games are priced differently on different platforms, lowering prices outright is something dtg won't do

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  45. nockwurst

who’s blaming them? We’re just saying this makes no sense. None.

• Like Like x 1
  46. tallboy7648

It really doesn't especially when smaller companies and games that have dlc's get sales often on xbox. Something is definitely wrong

• Like Like x 1
  47. nockwurst

Also, $25 is too high when 66% of the gaming community get to purchase the same DLC at a discounted price. That’s just unfair.

• Like Like x 2
  48. solicitr

It's not FAAAAAAIR!

You sound like a four-year-old.

Take it up with Microsoft, the makers of your platform of choice and owners of the monopoly content store. I'm sure M$ don't give a rodent's rump that Playstation owners get "fairer" treatment.

And it makes perfect sense, if you can conceive of things from a business perspective rather than as a writer of letters to Father Christmas.

• Like Like x 2
  49. solicitr

You are being "selfish" in that you can only see things from a "What's in it for ME?" viewpoint, rather than what is possible and sensible from a business perspective. You are expecting DTG to disadvantage themselves, just so you get what YOU want. Yes, that's selfish. Or entitled, if you prefer that term.

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

• Like Like x 1
  50. nockwurst

Ohh sorry, I didn’t realize you were the arbiter of free speech and opinion in this forum. My bad for having an opinion other than yours. I expressed a statement. Didn’t blame anyone. If you’ve got nothing else to contribute other than disdain and insults, maybe find a different thread to troll.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.