Roadmap Update - 1st June 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Jun 1, 2021.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 20
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Sad the 313 has moved down, but i'd rather have a really good 313 rather then a not so good one! Also cannot wait for GCC, really looking forward to it :D

• Like Like x 12
  3. AndrewWhite96

AndrewWhite96 Member

Hoping for a explanation for the 313 tonight on the stream.Im sure Sam will have the answers and hopefully the traction for the penzance route is revealed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Surprised to see Cane Creek on Upcoming now (not surprising actually). Skyhook, don't screw up the locomotives now.

• Like Like x 6
  5. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

I can still remember what happened on 9th February, but as long as we have barely nothing new these days, why not show more about what Adam's team is doing?

They are only shown in the stream now and maybe not everyone is able to watch it. Also, if they are listed in the roadmap, people who are not good at English can use translators for help.

If people are not happy with a roadmap that is "fully occupied" by, say MSB updates, a small section should be good.

• Like Like x 1
  6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Stable. Deep breath. Good. Navigate chaos.

• Like Like x 2
  7. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

It's actually hilarious how long the 313 is taking compared to other add-ons. Obviously if it's being pushed back for quality then I'm all for that, but I can't help but question why DTG have announced (and completed) several locos and even routes while the 313 has been in the roadmap for as long as I can remember.

Like I said though, the 313 is a train I want to see done right, so I'm not too upset by the delay. Also still no news for the West Cornwall traction? It's been several weeks now and we still don't have any updates. I just want to have a vague idea of what to expect, like "suburban DMU" or something like that. That may just be me though.

• Like Like x 4
  8. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I'd rather wait for the 313 so it comes out more polished and with less bugs then for it to come out early in a more rushed state, and to have to literally wait months for it to be fixed.

So good on DTG for not rushing it out.

• Like Like x 15
  9. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Release finally the Main Spessart Bahn Update with all the broken Sounds fixed for all trains

• Like Like x 1
  10. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

Where does it mention MSB sounds being fixed?
    • [Improvement] Add Platform Departure Boards to East Coastway
    • [Improvement] Upgraded track rendering (Main Spessart Bahn)
    • [Improvement] Added platform edge climb up functionality
    • [Improvement] Added Platform Departure Boards
    • [Improvement] Localisation improvements
    • [Improvement] Fixed holes in environment

11. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Why has Rivet not decided on a train to add for their new route yet?

• Like Like x 2
  12. johnathan015

johnathan015 Member

It states in the blurb at the top of the article that we will know what the locos for the Penzance route will be by the time the next roadmap gets released :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Sad to see that the 313 has moved backwards, but that means things were found that need more time to get right. And that is what we want is for things to release working.

On the plus side happy to see that Cane Creek is almost ready to be released.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I hope if not already included, the delay in the 313 release will see the 313 get the special BR Blue Livery, so we can have fun spotting it on ECW like the Trainbow Livery on SEHS. This has been requested a lot by the community so it would be fantastic if DTG has listened to us.

• Like Like x 7
  15. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

It's probably because the Class 313 & 314 from Cathcart Circle are basically the same unit apart from a few differences and a different livery.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

As it's only in the planning stages they have not yet decided what the rolling stock will be. We will have to wait probably until the next roadmap for that.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Rivet seem to be quite slow generally these days. As well as Penzance still being in the planning stage, I've been looking forward to the 1938 stock underground train and it's been "in production" for ages. I really hope its because they have listened to feedback from earlier releases and want to spend more time to ensure we get a high quality product.

• Like Like x 2
  18. james64

How does that have anything to do with it? If they were in production the same time why wasn't Cathcart put on the roadmap sooner? Or do you mean they want to bring the quality of the 313 up to standard with the 314, which I could understand.

19. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

What about all the other bugs on routes, locomotives and scenarios? You can hardly find anything on the roadmap, even though some of them have been known for months. Doesn't anyone care about them any more?

• Like Like x 3
  20. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

"Finally, we're expecting to be able to confirm the full details of the Penzance route before the next roadmap update, including the trains that come with the route."

21. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update! Questions for the stream:
    -What did the preservation crew work on over the last two weeks? Which fixes/changes/additions they were able to implement are they most proud of?
    -Are you able to release the East Coastway fixes/additions listed in the “Upcoming” section separately from the Class 313 since that’s evidently been delayed by the move back to “In Production”. Maybe bundle it with the Main Spessart Bahn improvements that have been ready for quite some time now?
    -What do you exactly mean with “Rush Hour Roadmap”? Will we get a more detailed breakdown on the development status of the Rush Hour routes as well as the accompanying TSW2 core update fixes/additions?
    -Can you provide a rough estimate on how many more Route/Loco DLCs we’ll get before Rush Hour?
    -Were you able to get the “Freight Exchange” scenario on Ruhr Sieg Nord fixed?
    -When can we expect the next “big” preservation crew update to be released (maybe including the work they did on Bakerloo and West Somerset)?
    -Are you already looking at the future of TSW2 beyond Rush Hour (including unannounced routes etc.)?

Thanks again for the updates and transparency! I enjoy lots of different video game genres, but I’ve never come across this level of interaction with the community before!

• Like Like x 3
  22. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Question for the stream

Any news about some the bugs that were not fixed on XBOX for the 25/05 update?

The ones with bold text in those patch notes

The update was rolled out on 25/05 and as of now (1/06 - 15:35 UTC) there is no available update for the missing fixes

My thread
    highlighting one of the issues (LZB Ende still broken)

• Like Like x 1
  23. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Question for the stream
    Why haven't the motor sounds on the M7 been fixed and is Adam working on a fix? I am quite baffled that after 8 months that the motor audio issue on the m7 in which the trains motors would cut out in the middle, rear and even the whole train was not noticed or fixed when several people reported the audio isssue

• Like Like x 4
  24. trainsimplayer

The new 313 is a modified 314.
    The 314 however was made after the 313 was originally.
    The original 313 - from what I have gathered - has been scrapped, and replaced with a modified 314.
    Considering how good the 314 is that ain't bad. I presume the old 313 was of low quality or something.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Another question for the stream. If you are going along the lines of a Rush Hour roadmap, does this mean that we will get no updates on 3rd party content (eg Penzance) between end of June and release of Rush Hour?

26. james64

Ahhh I see. That makes sense. I hope we get more clarification in the stream.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Im honestly concerned that Cane Creek has moved up on the list, especially with how unfinished alot of the rolling stock was in the last article.......

28. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

The fact we still know nothing about the rolling stock for WCL is really annoying.
    I would much rather have the 313 be very good so take your time

• Like Like x 1
  29. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

Was this mentioned in a stream? Otherwise, how do you know this?

30. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

People thought until just before release that the stock on HHL was a placeholder... I have learnt the hard way. Once we see a screenshot of anything, it's there to stay, unless it generates the same level of complaining of SEHS.

• Like Like x 2
  31. pendolino18

pendolino18 Active Member

It was mentioned in the GCC stream a few days ago that the 314 was modelled before the 313.
    I hope they take this time to add more immersion into the 313 like manually changeable destinations etc. Would be a bit miffed if I waited patiently and then realised it was just a 314 with some green paint on.

• Like Like x 1
  32. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

A fold out menu perhaps?

33. james64

Again, If that was the case I'd really like to know why Cathcart was added to the roadmap so much later.

• Like Like x 1
  34. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

The 313 was moved back down? I hope that was a result of the "improved" QA process, synthetic.angel;)

• Like Like x 2
  35. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I'd say rhe Dostos generated as much complaining as SEHS, combined with the PZB issues, so even when the entire forums complain about it no change is guaranteed.

• Like Like x 2
  36. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Does all this mean the preservation team will work on Rush Hour?

What is going on with some really serious bugs:
    - The HUD directional issues (grade indicator, next signal, accelerometer, door indicator and so on)
    The issue with the login to DTG Live which is very annoying.

_ Is any work done on the Clinchfield issues that ere still open?
    - Is any work done on the remaining tunnel lighting issues for SEH?
    - Is any work done on the preserved collection upgrades for Peninsula Corridor and Oakville?
    - What is the current status of the WSR preserved collection work?

It is nice to hear all the new stuff we may get, but I have the feeling not enough is done to fix the bug of existing routes. I am happy with the preserved collection team, but it is going to slow.

What happened to the improved accelerometer we got with the BR423? It was an experiment and quite good into my opinion.

When do we get a news article again on steam and on Rush Hour. Information is promised, but not provided, which is dissappointing at least.

• Like Like x 5
  37. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Except for that the PZB indeed has been fixed since the last update.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

People would still be complaining about the fence if it wasn't for the excellent fence mod, they just needed to put an asset in place so the community could do it properly. So many issues could be fixed if the community had a few more tools, not even an editor, which isn't coming, just the ability to mix and match stock and add assets to routes.

• Like Like x 2
  39. LuPatrenX

LuPatrenX Member

Because the 313 was out on the roadmap way earlier than it was supposed to. I feel like this gets explained on every roadmap stream.

• Like Like x 4
  40. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

So as of the shift of the development focus from end of june. The current roadmap will get shelved and we will receive less information about what is happening.

• Like Like x 3
  41. james64

Clearly it doesn't, as the first I heard of it was on the Cathcart preview stream.

42. trainsimplayer

Matt said on the GCC Preview on Friday that the 314 was made first. The rest of my post (about the original 313 being scrapped) was an educated guess

43. trainsimplayer

From what I gathered the current roadmap will be temporarily replaced by the Rush Hour roadmap - presumably focusing on Rush Hour - however I would imagine that after RH releases we will see the current roadmap return.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Correct , that is exactly what was written near the top of the roadmap

45. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

Model wise, yes (almost). But in reality, physics wise, should be completely different. As I’ve an other mentioned, the 313 is Camshaft Control the other is Thyristor control. Maybe they ironing out bugs that were found in making the 314 and applying it to the 313, if so, good!

True, or just speculation?

• Like Like x 1
  46. trainsimplayer

Matt Confirmed on stream that the 314 was made first. However considering the 313 was in development first I have made the educated guess that it is the case that the original 313 model was scrapped and replaced with a 314-based one.

• Like Like x 1
  47. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

I suspect since its first announcement it has been low priority to release to market. Considering it is for a older route. And with rush hour being the main focus on the roadmap from end of june it will get pushed back

• Like Like x 1
  48. sdc

sdc Member

Question for the Roadmap stream:

As the Class 313 has been put back into 'In Production' when will the Platform Departure Boards and other improvements for East Coastway be released?

Thanks

Steven

• Like Like x 2
  49. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

313 was in upcoming too soon. GCC then Cane Creek and 313. that is at least 2 months.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It has been mentioned quite a few times to be fair. The length of time something is on the roadmap has never been an indication of when the product has been worked on. The timeframes are not included nor implied. The way the roadmap has been done has also changed three or four times since it was introduced.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1