Penzance To St. Austell And St. Ives.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nwp1, Apr 20, 2021.

1. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

At the end of the roadmap stream tonight, Sam dropped a pretty big hint that there will only be one loco with the route. :|.

Definitely makes this a sale price purchase only for me if that turns out to be the case.

• Like Like x 2
  2. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Well it wouldn’t surprise me since it is Rivet we're talking about here, but then the roadmap code must be incorrect as it alludes to another loco other than a DMU. This week's roadmap also references revealing the "trains" that will be included in the route next time. Note the plural of trains.

• Like Like x 3
  3. DeStijl

Yeah, but I'm not sure how the code could have been assigned before the decision was finalized anyway, must have been a guess?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There are more trains than there are train types. If you were undecided on which of three diesel electrics to include (based on something like the quality of reference material or what is actually the most appropriate one for the services you are planning) you would still know that it was a diesel electric that was being included.

5. DeStijl

Maybe I don't understand how the code is meant to be interpreted, but if it refers to two different types of trains, and there is still a possibility (even a probability) that the route will only include one train total, then it must have been assigned as a speculative code with the intent to change it later if necessary.

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I don’t think it just has one train. The code refers to two types and I expect there to be both types referenced in the code (one each of diesel electric and diesel hydraulic). I don’t think you can read too much into what Sam said, and I am a big fan of reading between the lines and potential slip-ups in what’s said in the streams, with varying results. But you could be right. One could be included and one later as a loco DLC but that would make a mockery of the code system for me, as would a speculative code. They did get the era part of the code wrong initially so anything is possible.

7. DeStijl

Well I hope that you are right ... I think that any route is dramatically better when it includes more than one type of locomotive.

That being said, I think the fact that it has taken so long for this to be confirmed is indicative that something has changed behind the scenes. I wouldn't be shocked to find out that the code was correct for the original spec (more than one train in the past era) before Rivet decided, for one reason or another, that it wouldn't be feasible and so decided to do a modern era route with one train instead.

8. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Wait. Did Rivet say there was only one loco on the route? Thats a bummer.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DeStijl

No, to be clear, nothing has been confirmed. However, Sam dropped a hint in the roadmap stream that seemed to suggest there will be one loco.

10. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Sadly, that's the way most routes go these days. Long gone are the glory days of Great Western Express where we get three new locos in one route. Why sell two or three trains in a new route for £24.99 when you can hold one or two back for separate dlc later down the line?

I don't have a problem with doing this, it's a business after all but it would be nice if they could get a loco dlc out at the same time as a new route it goes on, that way we have the option to beef up our route from day one.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Considering St. Ives is a dead end with no tracks to run around a loco to the other end of the train, I assume the "one loco" means "one DMU"?

12. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Notice the plural here.

Screenshot 2021-06-02 090059.png

That said, I'd be pleasantly surprised if it was two fully new locos. Just plz, at least one of them be something fully new, a sprinter!

• Like Like x 1
  13. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

It should be a new sprinter and a borrowed 43...but that is what it "should" be not what it will be!

• Like Like x 3
  14. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Rivet Games is the worst in TSW.
    They lost my trust

• Like Like x 2
  15. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Sam said "Loco or locos or loco" so that could still be anything. I'm not sure why we're drawing such conclusions based on 5 ultimately meaningless words.

• Like Like x 3
  16. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Rivet Games are great. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  17. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

This seems to happen a lot. Someone says something apropos of nothing and all of a sudden it’s doom and gloom or they show a dev build video or screen shots and people start treating it as if it the final build and say it’s terrible before they’ve even seen the final product.

I think we’re just naturally negative in this country. Must be the weather. As Bill Bailey says, ask an Australian how he is and you get the response “awesome mate”. Ask a British person and the answer is “not too bad”.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Yet another load of negative speculation before we get any detail whatsoever

• Like Like x 6
  19. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

That's a shame. Rivet released quite a few top quality products for Train Simulator. That's enough for me to give them the benefit of the doubt. They're still relatively new to TSW. Give them the chance to get used to the new tools. I do think they do really care about making a good quality product.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Yeah. This is the kind of thing that Sam calls out in the roadmap stream. Nothing is confirmed or denied until it is on the road map. He is not hinting or anything. He is just doing the roadmap and talking with Adam.

21. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Isle of Wight and Arosa are both really bad and there still Bugs with not fixed.
    Plus Rivet don’t reply anymore fixing this stuff.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Jasper_Rivet

Jasper_Rivet Well-Known Member

Looks like I should have made this more clear. We will have more than one train/locomotive on this route. And one of them is build for this route (and new to Train Sim World). To add more gameplay to it, we'll include other trains as well. But's more on that soon.

• Like Like x 15
    • Helpful Helpful x 8
  23. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Class 43 from DTG Right?

• Like Like x 2
  24. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It could be any (or all) from the GWE expansion as well as other BR blue units (depending on railtours, multiple timetables etc)
    So why not wait for an announcement or post on it rather than trying to get it on page 10 of an existing post?

• Like Like x 2
  25. heardturkey

heardturkey Active Member

Thanks for the response. Looking forward to the route.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Thank you (hoping for class 43 in inter city livery) .. fingers crossed

• Like Like x 1
  27. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

In a lot of circumstances that would be the case, the nature of this route lends itself to scenario designer though. 1 hst or ntp/gwb between truro and Penzance whilst another 166 or presumed 150 to St ives.

28. volvolover1972

Almost certainly a 150 for the St. Ives Line (nothing else in the game already runs on the line IRL). Likely class 43 layers to run mainline services up to Truro and back. There’s also a chance we could get some railtour services using a variety of locos already present such as the class 47, 33, or 52.

• Like Like x 3
  29. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Thank's for the clarification Jasper looking forward to more info about the route as it progresses.

• Like Like x 5
  30. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m hoping Rivet can sway my opinion of it after the IoW and Arosa Line routes failed to really impress me. For me, there has to be a significant step up in graphical and gameplay quality. I still maintain Arosa Line looks too cartoony and IoW still leaves a sour taste.

• Like Like x 3
  31. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

How come??

32. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

All Rivet things are buggy as Hell and they don’t fixed the stuff or doing to change the scenery on Arosa after all the Criticism.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Calling it the HST and a sprinter

• Like Like x 3
  34. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I can't imagine it not being the HST and a Sprinter. The HST in GWE wouldn't fit the period of the route so hopefully it will be a repainted one. If it appears in Intercity livery it would need new sounds and a new interior too.

• Like Like x 5
  35. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

If it is indeed an HST and a Sprinter that will be seriously cool. This will entice both modern and heritage enthusiasts to buy the route and help fill a gap in the UK rolling stock library, that being a big lack of DMU's.

If they give the HST the valenta scream then that will be even better still. Add in some railtour layers and livery designer compatibility and you've got a great route right there with lots of variety.

• Like Like x 6
  36. ghawk2005

Doubt it - too much effort for them.

• Like Like x 1
  37. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

We get this Livery from Rivet
    3AAC1A64-6F4A-4CA7-8E84-7FDCFEB20B7A.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  38. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Whats the time period?

39. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

1991-2010

• Like Like x 1
  40. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

So 2007 onwards would see FGW blue dynamic lines MTU sets.
    Would make sense and enable console players to access that livery.
    Plus give some value for Rivet in terms of dlc add on projects perhaps.

• Like Like x 2
  41. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Which one is it then? No reused stock or some reused stock?

• Like Like x 1
  42. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Well Said, I have noticed that alot in recent months. As soon as Dovetail or a 3rd party announces something bang the negativity starts.

Hentis

• Like Like x 6
  43. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

The FGW HST already technically exists for TSW but DTG never released it due to (insert reason here). PC modders were able to make it available in game.

As seen here, most of the work has already been done, so I wouldn't be surprised if DTG 'gave' Rivet the appropriate files, for them to touch up etc.

fgw 1.jpg fgw 2.jpg fgw 4.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  44. ghawk2005

So from what I have gathered ( and also agree with ) if Rivet don’t build a Class 150/2 for this route they’d face a huge amount of backlash and basically going against a big proportion of the communities wishes! Will be interesting to see how it develops once it’s announced officially

• Like Like x 1
  45. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

You would think so but rivet used network South East livery for the Class 483 on IOW when the time period was 2020 I have a funny feeling it will be GWR green even tho it's wrong livery for the time period

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Atleast my expectations are a bit high from Rivet for this route. They have their learning out of the way with IOW and Arosa. Its time for them to deliver big with this route.

47. volvolover1972

I don’t know if I’d be disappointed if a 150/2 isn’t the included train. I just don’t know what else it could be. No train in the game right now does regular service on the St. Ives line. Even given the broad time period (1991-2010), 150/2s pretty much did most of services on the line whether as part of Wessex Trains, FGW, or GWR. I guess Rivet could hand pick a few times where 150/1s, 158s, or pacers were used on the line, but 150/2 are still the primary stock on the line.

Also, kind of side note, on Rivet's Facebook a couple weeks ago they had some poll on one of their stories about guessing the stock in a TS21 screenshot. The screenshot was of some Swiss stock, but one of options in the poll was "class 150". Might be entirely irrelevant, but it definitely is a bit of a coincidence that the class 150 would be "randomly" chosen to be an incorrect poll option for a post about TS21 Swiss content.

48. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You were right, only one new train in the route. I was going off Jasper’s earlier statement of no reused stock and the published route code rather than doing what you did and believing a telling slip of the tongue, something that is becoming much more reliable than any official statement from Rivet.

If only the route had been withheld from the roadmap until the train(s) had been decided on all this confusion could have been avoided. But what fun would that be?

• Like Like x 2
  49. Clumsy Pacer

This depends on DTG getting the FGW license back.
    I think it'll be set pre-privatisation though.

• Like Like x 2
  50. Clumsy Pacer

Roadmap article: "We're waiting for full details, including trains, re Cornwall"
    Rivet: "We will have mroe than one train on the route"
    Roadmap: Alludes to two different types of traction, and at least two trains
    Sam: Forgets to add the S in 'Locos' then says "or locos"

Community's conclusion: Pitchforks out, there's only one train coming with the route.

You could get gold at the Olympics with some of the logic jumps on here.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1