[mod Download] Gwe Working Passenger Information Screens

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Will, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Will

Will Active Member

• Adds 175 working passenger information screens to Great Western Express.
    • Improved timetable for PIS
    There is a second version that also includes an improved timetable for the PIS, the original GWE timetable didn't include information on final destinations if outside of the route, did not link the portal services to previous player services and doesn't include service operator information. As almost every service in the GWE timetable has been changed to enable this there is a chance it might of broken some services in the process. So far everything is working as it should but it wasn't possible to test every service in the timetable.

https://mods.trainsimcommunity.com/...099-gwe-working-passenger-information-screens[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 21
  2. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

Great mod, thanks

3. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

Doesnt work for me all screens display Times but no destination info or calling points, have had a few mod issues, I run it on an External SSD and wonder if thats anything to do with it?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Why is Temple Meads not preceded by Bristol?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Will

Will Active Member

Sadly some services are missing from the boards due to how the timetable is setup without Load/Unload instructions at the beginning of the service. Try looking at a station in the middle of the route, these should have services on them.

6. Will

Will Active Member

I tried with Bristol Temple Meads, however it doesn't fit on the PIS boards, this is also why London Paddington doesn't have a space in it.

7. ARuscoe

Should scroll...

8. Will

Will Active Member

Scrolling or adding more LEDs would be the ideal solution but the PIS boards don't support scrolling at the moment so the destinations were just getting cut off part way.

9. ARuscoe

I would say that in your post... Limitations of the tech would mean you're not going to be blamed for being inaccurate

• Like Like x 1
  10. Will

Will Active Member

Good Idea, I've now updated the download page to mention how the destinations were being cut off under the issues section.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

I just tried it and it works perfectly fine for me, thanks!
    Now there is just RSN missing in terms of PIS mods (and the rivet games routes)

12. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

13. emdzej

emdzej Member

Sadly. This mod is presented in january june. Still nothing in TSW2 for console players. Shame on you DTG!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  14. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

June

15. emdzej

emdzej Member

Sorry. June. Not long enough. But, I feel a little disapointed, that a PC version has a little bit more possibilities that a console version. Yes, i know. PC, open, freedom, etc. But. I'm too lazy to have PC. I don't want to have PC. But, i want product, that meets my expectations. That's all. Small things. Smal things, that makes this game great ;-)

16. ARuscoe

That you get GWE in TSW2 at all is down to DTG generosity... They didn't have to port the old TSW stuff across...
    Yes it sucks they haven't done a preservation sweep on GWE, but I would imagine this is because as one of the OG routes it's probably in very bad shape programatically, thus harder to get more up to date stuff working properly in

17. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

They sort of do have to because if the old routes are up to standard more new costumers will buy it and it provides a financial incentive

• Like Like x 1
  18. ARuscoe

About 1-10% of the probable sales compared to a new route I would imagine, especially given it's "time locked" given the electrification works were in progress

19. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

No, it was not out of generosity, it was because it would break the trust of consumer in the fundamental way how TS and TSW generates income - DLC sales. Such DLC heavy game as TS cannot operate in the traditional scheme, where you release the next iteration each year, leaving previous DLCs (stuff people invested in) behind. People would be much more reluctant to buy DLC, if they knew the DLC will not receive any additional engine update + they would need to keep multitude of yearly iterations installed on their machines. People would also get tired pretty fast on buying the same game over and over again. This model of free engine update + dlc funding is what worked great for TS 1, and is working great for other titles, like Euro Truck Simulator 2, DCS, Il2 Battle Of Stalingrad...etc.

Doing a hard reset so soon in TSW life would really affect new DLC sales for TSW 2.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ARuscoe

If anything, that they can't update the engine on TS1 is what's kept that software back and what formed the need for TSW(2) at all. Had hey been able to update the engine of TS1 they would have been able to do up to date graphics etc on a DX12 based engine for that game, obviously without console support, but that wasn't the point when they started TSW back in the day anyway

And people have been "buying the same game over and again" for decades. Look at Fifa etc. Same game, different version, year after year. OK it's slightly different in simulators where people expect updates (especially since the advent of the internet) but that's not a given by a long shot