Ashford International - Dover Priory

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Asheix, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Asheix

Asheix Active Member

This is a route I used to take frequently to visit Dover Castle and I have always wanted to see this line in a train simulator game, including Train Simulator, but I think the line would look even better in Train Sim World 2. The line passes the now disused Dover Marine Station which has historical value when Southern Rail operated the line, they used to run the Golden Arrow service from London Victoria to Paris.

This line also passes a stretch of track with has trains from Europe running on it and have the Deutsche Bahn (DB) marking on them. Not to mention, the line passes the world-famous White Cliffs of Dover, as the trains pass through tunnels cut into the chalk to reach Dover. The line also passes the testing area for the first attempt at the Channel Tunnel at Shakespeare Cliffs, and its remains still exist to this day though it is too dangerous to visit.

The route...
    • Westenhanger
    • Sandling
    • Folkestone West
    • Folkestone Central
    • Dover Priory
    This line is operated by Southeastern and it uses the 375 and the 395, and it takes roughly 30 mins to go from Ashford to Dover. Given the historical value of the route and knowing that Steam locomotives are being developed by DTG, maybe have a scenario on this route called "Going Back in Time" or whatever you fancy, where you can drive the Golden Arrow service to Dover Marine in the 1930s, which I could imagine being a nightmare to develop, but it would be rather interesting to see a line in Train Sim World 2 that isn't in the modern-day. Further information on this can be found here: http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/d/dover_western_docks/ and here

I realise that video of the route from the cab is an important factor in creating a new line and especially during a pandemic, so I have found a video of just that riding in a Hastings DEMU recorded in 2016.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. anonymous260

anonymous260 Member

I like this idea;)

3. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Let me introduce you to*
    • Northern Transpennine
    • Tees Valley Line
    • Isle of Wight**
    • West Cornwall Local