New U.s Freight Route Suggestions

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bschumacher#2597, Jun 3, 2021.

Tags:
?
  1. Yes

63.2%
  2. No

31.6%
  3. Your suggestions

15.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bschumacher#2597

bschumacher#2597 New Member

New U.S.FREIGHT ROUTES

I think opening up additional routes like some CSX EK Sub CC subdivision, the C & O Chessie mainline from Charleston w.v to Cincinnati. or some Northfolk Southern, maybe some short lines DT&I , Ann Arbor ,
    Some steam Locomotives would be cool. Anyone else like this idea

• Like Like x 2
  2. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

3. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

This is kind of a 3-way tie for me.

1.) BNSF's Needles Subdivision on the Western Transcontinental Route. Yeah, it is open desert and there's not a lot to look at but I love how wide open it is with varying grades and a top speed of 70 MPH.

2.) The Tehachapi Pass with loop. Enough said.

3.) Stephens Pass in Washington state. Beautiful scenery, winding tracks, the famous Cascade Tunnel... Definitely a top pick for me.

*BONUS*
    4.) Marias Pass in Montana. Again, absolutely beautiful scenery and a challenging climb/descent.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

With one real down side they will never be made by DTG due to the license issue preventing the logo's being used outside the US. DTG has always maintained that if they cannot use the logo's they will not make it. So your hopes would have to come down to a 3rd party dev to make them branded and unbranded.

5. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

Oh...well that sucks. I just don't get why BNSF would have any issue with a game developer, especially one as respectable as Dovetail Games, using their namesake. I mean, I guess I could understand if someone like Rockstar Games wanted to use the BNSF logo and BNSF didn't want to be associated with a "violent" game, but Dovetail makes simulators. It could also be a financial issue -- Dovetail making money off of their name -- but that's chump change compared to what BNSF nets every year. Oh well... I'm sure they have their reasons, even if I don't fully understand what those reasons are.

6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I myself would love to see branded BNSF routes, but living outside the US that will never be possible.

7. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

It's not about not wanting to be associated with. If I recall correctly, Sam talked about the BNSF situation recently and what it boils down to is licensing being extremely complicated on an international level and BNSF being owned by a multi-national conglomerate. It all comes down to it being very complicated for BNSF to grant a license to DTG - no matter whether BNSF want to or not.

Edit
    This is the stream is was referring to:

Timestamp: 1:40:20

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  8. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

In other words, its all down to Warren Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway

• Like Like x 1
  9. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

10. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member