PC Unreliable Throttle Setting On Hhl 766.2 Dbpbzfa Jumping Around Everywhere Bug?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by paul.pavlinovich, May 16, 2021.

1. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Trying to drive from the 766.2 DBpbzfa and the throttle just jumps around all over the place. At first I thought it was Raildriver, but it happens with keyboard too without touching RD.

See the video

• Like Like x 4
  2. paul.pavlinovich

Note driving the same cab car on RT does not exhibit this problem.

btw. Why does the 766.2 DBpbzfa have no sound except air conditioning?

3. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

Isn't that wheel slip? Like the loco was slipping but the HUD didn't show it as you are in the cab car?

• Like Like x 1
  4. paul.pavlinovich

It could be, but there is no indicator of it. If you apply the emergency brake from the cab car it shows wheel slip (well more correctly wheel lock) so I imagine it should be showing it.

5. raptor

raptor Member

because the breaks apply on the whole train. Its the loco, that slips. you can force this on the loco if you push the acceleraton lever full forward. would be nice if this would be indicate slip, when you steer from the cab car.

• Like Like x 1
  6. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

I too had this problem (k/brd only).
    No wheel slip is shown on the HUD.

I discovered that you can only go to notch 3 maybe 4 in this snow scenario. But this takes an eternity to get to max speed.

I persevered and finally finished it after about 1 1/2 hours :( - at least no time penalty exists!

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. gfysps4gaming

gfysps4gaming Member

i having issue with this train on the new german route i was just doing the 70mins return scenario and the acceleration just went to 0 all of a sudden i went to pull it down all the way then went back up to like 55% and still nothing then done it again and it comes back on there is a bug big time with the DBpbzfa train all together i needs a patch asap to fix this issue its to the point of not worth driving it there is many issues going on with it on the pc game not shore if this issue is with ps4 & x box one know but dovetail need to look into this issue asap

• Like Like x 1
  8. paul.pavlinovich

I would find the wheelslip idea plausible, but without it showing on the HUD its going to be tough to manage. I've experienced the same issue gfysps4gaming.

1.5 hours conniethunder I'm impressed at your perseverance - I gave up after 20 minutes. That does make me think something is wrong there because the scenario indicative time is much shorter.

• Like Like x 1
  9. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Do not go over 60 KN. This solves the throttle jumping for me. In the snow /wet it'll be less. Try 30 and increase by 5

• Like Like x 2
  10. breblimator

breblimator Guest

HHL "DoSto" is a separate one in terms of in-game objects. It behaves differently like You already noticed :)
    I am a little confused too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

1.5 hours conniethunder I'm impressed at your perseverance - I gave up after 20 minutes. That does make me think something is wrong there because the scenario indicative time is much shorter.[/QUOTE]
    Same, I gave up. I was so fed up that I stopped playing :(

• Like Like x 1
  12. thundergaming11

I'm currently playing this scenario. Keeping below 30 KN definitely helps in these conditions. No throttle jumping.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Like above. This is about some adhesive-game-mechanics.
    50kN is OK for dry track accelerating. In a wet track, max is 40kN or even ~30kN facing problems :)

EDIT This may not be a wheel slip effect, but some traction control system. Speculation.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  14. raptor

raptor Member

The problem is, that the 112 is not a three phase electro locomotive like the 145 or 185. The 112 is a loco with a; i must say that in german; thyristor phasenanschnitt schlatwerk. when this old loco starts to slip, the mcb is released and the gearbox needs to go down to 0 until the mcb is reconnected again and the loco could accalerate again. it's better simulated than the old 143 from preserved collection. The problem is, that in the cab car, there is normaly a indication for the loco gear in the display. So, in this case, i would realy say: it's not a bug, it's realy a feature :)

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  15. JBViper

I understand better. Hence the important thing to have documentation with a new locomotive. I had put this on the back of a bug. Thank you all for your response.

• Like Like x 2
  16. raptor

raptor Member

the biggest problem of HHL is the missing manual. although the manuals of dtg are all very minimized and also have a big lag of information. If everything would be explained in a detailed manual, it would prevent a lot of "false" bug reports like happend with the 101 for example

• Like Like x 3
  17. breblimator

breblimator Guest

+1

Sorry for the off-top. Can you take a look at this and say what you think? :) link

• Like Like x 1
  18. JBViper

I made the same observation and curious about the answer too ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. conniethunder

So is this a bug with "Game Mechanics" - I can't remember the name of the 'program' that deals with braking/traction, etc. ?

I appreciate applying game mechanics due to rain/snow track slippage, but I don't think this was playable unless the scenario was advertised to be maybe 2 hours!

Something is wrong somewhere.

EDIT:
    ...and I don't want to sound disrespectful to anybody for their input, but please try playing the scenario in question before replying.
    My point is that, as we NOW KNOW, fixing things breaks other things.
    Having played it in the past, is NOT a measure for the present. ;)

Connie

Last edited: May 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. paul.pavlinovich

That is the most important part of this, if this is supposed to be a really hard scenario of 2 hours duration because you have to run very slowly with only very light power then ok, but it says (I think from memory 30 minutes) which suggests there is something wrong.

Paul

21. thundergaming11

I've played the scenario. It took me 50 min and 30s. Its shown in the scenario screen to take 50min. Re-read this thread and apply what has been said in game.
    Here's a screenshot of my logbook from the scenario.
    Untitled.png
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  22. raptor

raptor Member

same here did the scenario today without any problems... except the annoying pzb error szenario1.png szenario2.png szenario3.png wrong distance in the last screen, cause i needed to save and resume later due to things to do reallife XD

• Like Like x 3
  23. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

This scenario took me about 52 minutes. No major problems. Some slippage here and there, but mostly coasting at track speed after cautious acceleration up to notch 8. AI looked to be moving at max speed also. The cab is very quiet, so I opened both windows, which, of course, you wouldn't do in a snow storm, and I got acceptable track sounds and motor noise from the loco and passing trains. I must say SIFA is really annoying on German locos.:) I don't usually play with PZB (yet).
    I should add that I was using RD, and it worked just fine. There is, however, that unnerving 1.5 to 2 second delay on the alerter button, but it catches in time.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  24. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

I tried it yesterday, on the Xbox and the throttle was definitely disappearing. It was not wheel slip. It was the kW not registering?

I have saved it to come back to it later in the week. Crawling along at 60kph was a little boring!

D

25. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I did make liberal use of both the front and rear sander, if that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  26. dave from Cornwall

Yes, that helped a bit, but the kW still kept disappearing for me :(

27. raptor

raptor Member

that the throttle indication disapeare is totaly normal and real behavior, because the loco desable the mcb when the wheels slip, and then the gears are going down one by one till 0, and after all of that, the mcb is reconnected autmaticaly and the loco can start to accelerate again. it is completely realistic at is in the game and this is something, that you have to deal with, when you drive that old kind of locomotive in germany.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  28. raptor

raptor Member

but after all, these things simply get blamed as a bug, because DTG dont deliver a manual that explain that stuff correctly it's like the missing/false configuration of the DU's and MU's in the CSX: Heavy Haul scenarios

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  29. dave from Cornwall

I finished the scenario last night. It is doable. The first half you do it at 80kph and then you can get up to full speed. Finished in 58 minutes.

Its not a bug, its definitely driving skill.

The other thing to watch is breaks...ultimately you dont want to go too fast as you will never stop. So save game 3k from the stations and play feathering of the breaks.

Ultimately its stressful but doable (on my third attempt as I didnt stop for a station and SPAD...)

D

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. vincentnicholas202

vincentnicholas202 Member

Where did you get that. The Speed Limit

31. raptor

raptor Member

what do you mean?

32. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i keep the throttle to under 65-70 % until the speed gets to around 80-90 klm ph then i go to full throttle and its ok and works fine

• Like Like x 1
  33. raptor

raptor Member

and it is still easier than reallife. you probably need almost no sand to accelerate from 0.

• Like Like x 1
  34. paul.pavlinovich

I had another go at this tonight and using the advice here, keeping it at or under 3kn of force either power or brake I made it through. The train brake works much better than the electric brake. Took me an 1 hour and 9 minutes though :).

upload_2021-6-4_20-26-49.png

• Like Like x 1
  35. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I think I solved the riddle. In Paul's screenshot there is a much higher speed limit than in yours. I checked my driver's logbook in DTL and it shows the same limits (90 km/h) as yours.

There is an inconsistency between the "aftermath-graph" and the Y-Axis in the logbook

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  36. conniethunder

Interesting!

I know I spent close to 1hr 30min to finish this route, and so 1hr 9min for Paul's (second run) is probably accounting for my (first run) 'problems'.

Again, bug or not, why no wheelspin icon?
    Maybe this is a PC CPU/GPU related problem whereby GPU is 'waiting' for CPU (bottlenecked) to 'compute' the traction physics engine?

I'll hold my hands up, I am running a potato at 1920x1080p on min settings just to enjoy the game. 1280x720p offers no real benefits, and 1600x900 offers naff graphics at negligible performance increase (I assume due to bad scaling of DTG's assets).

Unless Paul and others come forward with PC specs, I think this issue might just be down to PC performance?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  37. raptor

raptor Member

no i am shure, it is caused by driving the steering car, but the loco is spinning. it is not the vehicle, your sitting in, but its the one that "drive" the train. i think, the hud is linkt inly to the car your realy sitting in. dont push the trottle to 100%. its an simulator and not an arcade game. and in case of performance: my pc is round about 8 years old... so comparable to an xbox one i guess

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  38. paul.pavlinovich

Intel i5-10600 @ 3.3GHz
    32Gb or RAM
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Mid range SSD for C: and a faster one for the game files

I run the display at 2k and both the gpu and cpu are quite busy running TSW2 on HMA both will hit 100%, on most other routes they're lower. That said neither of them are straining. I manage capped 60fps most of the time except HMA where I range between 10 and 30 for the first few km out of Hamburg (there is something badly wrong with that route). If I turn off the cap I sit in the 90s for fps most of the time.

The game does adjust "time" based on your machine's capabilities.

Paul

• Like Like x 1