West Somerset Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Wilbnil, May 24, 2018.

1. Wilbnil

Wilbnil Well-Known Member

- in the first tutorial (class 47) the throttle did not work, everything was fine when I restarted the tutorial.
    - level crossing is always on and making sound outside of minehead.
    - When I wated for a service after a few minutes the UI in the top left corner disapeared, and did not come back even when the service should have begun.

Just some minor bugs, and after another hour in the new dlc I have not found any new bugs.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  2. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us Wilbnil :)

All of these have been recorded.

Just a note on the level crossing sound, that is by design but, I'll make a note of your feelings on it and make sure it finds the right people.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 1
  3. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Still the same problem like in CSX, NEC etc.:
    [​IMG]

Train doors look like they are open on the last two wagons, but they arent. Its a render problem if you jump with the camera to the end end back to the front the doors are closed. Rapid Transit has the same problem.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. Wilbnil

5. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Well, since this thread was moved where it technically belongs, we now have 2 buglist threads. Whoops?

(I'll gather my own thoughts and put them in whatever thread still exists/is most used by then.)

6. TrainSim-Steve

I've stickied this one so if you could all post in here, it will make it a bit easier for me to record everything.

All new issues reported have been recorded.

Best, Steve

7. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

In the first scenario, there is a bug.

When I get to the station to pull the cars, I stop before and I go down to change the carriage.

I go back in the loco and I advance in stop on the pads.

There, I must go out to harness.

It's impossible because we can not open the doors.

I did it twice, and each time, the same problem.

(Translated with Google)

8. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Passengers are still having big issues in pathfinding and they still dont enter the train at the train stops

9. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

The radiator shutters on the Class 09 are permanently in the closed position. They should be open during operation and only closed when the locomotive is shutdown in the Autumn/Winter, the Class 08/09 operations manual says November - April. I've indicated the lever which should adjust the shutter position in the attached image.

Gronk_Rad.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  10. Anjasomc

Anjasomc New Member

Class 47 bug:
    (tested on Minehead Shunter Part 2)

- Climb into the front cab
    - Press the left/right arrow key to switch views
    - Press E to stand up
    You are teleported into the rear cab, which is locked. The same technique can't be used to get to the front cab, so you are trapped.

11. hightower

hightower Guest

I’ve seen the door thing too, where after doors closed there are a number of them remaining open by appearance. As you zoom in they close suddenly. (Scenario 2)

The signals show the correct aspect but as you get closer that disappears and they are just blank. That may well be correct/intentional, I’m not sure.

When coupling I’ve seen the loco buffer go through the carriage buffer so there’s maybe a collision issue there (it was in scenario 1 FWIW).

The passengers have a tendency to stand with their backs to the railway/trains.

Personal plea, but can we see some more life on the stations. More clutter (particularly on all the other DLCs, this is a bit better) and more importantly, the blacked out windows are really hurting the immersion and feeling of life on the route(s). Some shops and adverts (life!) would be very good also.

Well done though!

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

On starting up TSW whenever I load up this route from the route selection screen in TSW I always get entered into having to do the Class 47 tutorial even though I have already done it and the class 09 tutorial, also completed the Preparation scenario got the tick but on starting up TSW and loading up the route again I shows that I haven't completed it, no tick.

Don't know whether its related or not but I always have to sign in to game with email and password whereas before the game did remember that I was signed in.

13. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

The 2nd service, with the class 47, started last night and then saved.
    Resumed this morning with some problems.

- yesterday, a woman in driving aid, and this morning, a man standing on the seat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- blocked at the next stop at a red light. I save and resume the game The fire goes green, but more man standing ....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    - the markers of ground stops have disappeared.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  14. Steve Cummins

Steve Cummins Member

Wheel Slip still not working!

Take the Class 47 with 5 MK 1's (I used the second session) and stop on a 1% grade in blizzard conditions. Release the brakes and open the throttle fully and she'll accelerate as normal.

To be fair, this has been an issue in TSW from launch and I had hoped that perhaps the Diesel Electric fixes may have been a part of the problem however it's clear that the rail/wheel adhesion figures used are still too high.

Also, there's no exhaust present on the Class 47.

• Like Like x 8
  15. pschlik

Got a few keyboard related things of note
    1. Hitting the "I" key (or whatever you have bound to the instrument lights) doesn't actually toggle the instrument lights on the 47, the switch must be manually clicked.
    2. The 47 headcode lights don't respond to any key press. I think the "J" key (ditch lights/auxiliary lights keybind) is a good one for these.
    3. Ctrl/Shift + Enter doesn't toggle any of the 47's safety systems. The AWS setup on these old things is a bit complex so I could see that not being just a keybind, but the DSD switch is simple enough for one keypress.
    4. Using "V" to control the wipers in the 47 only controls the driver's wiper. V should control all wipers, not just one.
    5. Hitting "L" to toggle the 47 cab lights will only turn on the cab light on the left. Usually using L will turn on cab lights everywhere.
    6. And the only real problem on the 09 is that hitting Space for the horn will press both horn buttons at once, which is a bit strange.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

I also have the open doors issue, which clears when switching camera view

In respect of the steam achievements......

I was awarded the gronk on the go (for driving 90 miles) after only driving for a few minutes

The class 47 star tours ( for driving 470 miles) is stuck on zero and does not seem to be working.
    EDIT 26/05 - Having driven the class 47 further this achievement now seems to be registering mileage

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  17. mrshut

mrshut New Member

I'm having a problem on the Class 47 - I've been trying to complete the second service (BL to Minehead) and the throttle stops functioning a mile or so into the route. When I advance the throttle, it makes a noise , but no power is applied to the locomotive. It stops and starts to drift backwards. Any thoughts?

18. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

This might apply to all content but the moon gets squished near the horizon.

Attached Files:

19. pschlik

When driving the 47 and preparing to shut off power, you need to power down to ON and leave the throttle in ON for a few seconds to let the current die down. Clearly what you have done is tried to turn off power while too much current was flowing. In real life, that's likely to cause dangerous arcing, but in TSW, your punishment is that you can't take power again.
    To regain power after going to OFF too quickly, leave the throttle off for around 10-15 seconds to allow the load regulator to catch up to your rapid reduction in power. Power will not return until the load regulator has reset, and that takes time. Don't like waiting? Then don't kill the power so quickly.

TBH, this is the kind of thing I expect to be mentioned in manuals, but never is for TSW. DTG manuals are more like quick start guides than actual informational feedback on proper driving technique...

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  20. mrshut

mrshut New Member

Thanks for the tip!

21. Anjasomc

Anjasomc New Member

>200 MPH bug - Class 09 and 47

- Move the loco
    - Apply power in the opposite direction to movement
    - Speed jumps up to greater than 200 MPH briefly

2018-05-26.png

• Like Like x 4
  22. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Class 09/Mk1 Coupler Bug

When coupling the Class 09 to the Mark 1 coaches, the buffers go through each other as seen below.
    20180526081250_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  23. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

I've noticed this problem as well. It also happens when you apply the throttle whilst the brakes are applied.

24. Wilbnil

when I loaded a save for the second scenario To the Beach, I spawned in the wrong chair in the 09.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  25. madmeister

madmeister Member

Class 47:
    -Door handles don't move when you open a door
    -The sound won't change when you open a window

When the train doesn't fit into the platform all doors will open anyway

Attached Files:

26. 85Leaf

85Leaf Active Member

No clag for the Class 47, a light 'misting' from the '09 which does not seem to increase or decrease for that matter. Engine sounds are not robust enough/too quiet while on speakers-- similar to the other modules in the series. Not all motorway crossing guard systems make sound. The cows are static ;)

• Like Like x 1
  27. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

In the second scenario, stop location markers are very close to danger signals, so sometimes if you aim to be within a yard or so of the stop marker, you'll get a SPAD and the scenario will end. This may apply to any passenger scenario, but it should be an easy fix--just move the objective marker back a few yards.

In the last scenario, because there seems to be a slight downhill gradient just after Bishops Lydeard, if you release the parking brake on the Class 09 (with the carriages attached), move the throttle to reverse, and apply power while moving forward, the speedometer will jump up to 398mph, the cars will derail, and the scenario will end.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

As stated above, the buffers go through eachother when going buffer to buffer with mk1 coaches with either the 09 or the class 47. (coupling and decoupling the loco from the coach doesn't seem to influence the issue)
    Also, when switching views with the arrow keys in the 09 if you have a secondman with you, you end up looking at the inside of their head. I must admit though, the detail on the eyes is very good :)

Attached Files:

29. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

not a bug as such but the doors should only open on the platform not off the platform

30. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Saw the same issue.

31. Ninetofive925

There's a bug where in service mode with the class 47 from Minehead to Bishops Lydeard, you and your secondman are spawned in the cab facing the coaches instead of the cab facing the way you want to go. The secondman and player's model stay in the rear facing cab eventhough i've moved to the forward-facing one.

There's a sound bug with the class 09, the brakes' air release sound keeps playing with a weird loop even after completely releasing brakes.

And last, this is more a missing feature than a bug, but the level crossings at dunster do not make any sound when they are supposed to have bells ringing, and as all the other crossing signals, they are always on, which to me, seems really minimalistic.

This is what they should sound like:

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  32. Wilbnil

I don't like that the crossings are constantly on either.
    It just does not feel right, and a little annoying if you railfan. Also there are no cars or people waiting at the crossings, which I don't like.

• Like Like x 4
  33. MrLethaface

MrLethaface Member

The main issue for me so far is the door thing on the carriages. they remain open until you zoom in, or let the train come towards you (view 8), and then they appear closed. Although not really a bug as such, the no clag on the 47 is really getting to me! DTG please give it some clag, why can't it be like your 47 in the Virgin first generation pack for TS2018??

• Like Like x 3
  34. Ninetofive925

There's a texture bug at Washford station. The end of the platform has a grass texture instead of concrete.
    EDIT: nevermind there's grass on the platform irl.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Wilbnil

That is roughly how it looks irl, but I don't like that it is only 2d grass, I would like some 3d grass there.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  36. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Along with the progress not being saved issue, also can't load saved game when I click on the last played icon the game just crashes to desktop with no error message.

37. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Also "summer Vacation" achievement for completing all scenarios is not working.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Shawmut

Shawmut Member

Minehead-Bishops Lydeard service with Class 47:
    All went well (other than I had a hard time keeping to schedule, but that's my fault) until I got to the Doniford Halt stop. Stopped at the correct location, unloaded passengers, locked doors and attempted to move off when - on a .2% downgrade, I began rolling backwards!

Applying power up to notch 10 did nothing; we continued to roll backwards at which point I quit the scenario.

39. mrshut

mrshut New Member

I was running the route using a detailed map for reference, and it did not look like Churchlands Bridge was modelled in the sim. Am I missing something?

40. TrainSim-Steve

Thank you all for the feedback, please do keep it coming! Just to confirm that all the new issues reported in this thread have now been recorded up to this point.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 4
  41. Aaron333

Aaron333 New Member

Hi Steve, Very good effort on WSR, A few bugs, 1. No exhaust smoke out of any locomotives, 2. passenger mode train moves off at an unrealistic rate from station, 3. standing second driver with arms out usually after restarting from save, 4.driving 10.15 service mode to Minehead I get to beyond Williton and can't go any further due to a stop signal. Thanks for your help.

42. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

no you need to wait for the other service to come before you can leave williton.

43. Aaron333

Aaron333 New Member

Thanks Danntboy
    No, the other service from Minehead did pass at Williton station then the signal gave me a clear signal. it was just beyond Williton at the signal on the curve heading to Doniford was stuck on stop. Cheers

44. pschlik

Some more assorted things that seem strange
    1. The 47's VAC gauges on the HUD are inverted-a high vacuum of 21 in will show on the HUD as more like 5 in, and a low vacuum of 3 in will show on the HUD around 25 in.
    2. The red needle on the 47's VAC gauges doesn't represent the vacuum chamber. (Actually, I have no clue what it does represent.) If the 09 is anything to learn from, that needle should be the vacuum chamber reading.
    3. There was a discussion elsewhere about how the 47's brake selector, DSD, and battery isolation switches are all duplicated in TSW. IRL, there is only one of each (and each in the engine room for that matter) but in TSW there's two of each. This might lead to some odd interactions that should be impossible (ex: one cab trying to use air brakes while the other is using vacuum brakes), so it would make more sense to have all 3 just in one cab.
    4. The two handbrake wheels present in the 47 can be controlled independantly...as in, the handbrake can be off in one cab, but on in the other cab...or even can be applied twice. This doesn't seem very correct, but I'm not sure of the actual handbrake mechanism (are the two wheels connected to be in the same position physically? does each one only apply the brakes on one bogie, making two of them viable? does one of the cabs actually not have a handbrake wheel?)
    5. I think the horn on the 47 is inverted. My general understanding is that pushing the horn forward is the high horn, and pulling it back is the low horn. This loco is the other way around for some reason.
    6. As for the 09, the HUD throttle indicator will actually round up the throttle position-so setting the throttle to 1.50 will cause the HUD indication to change from 1 to 2...even though it should still show 1 because the throttle is technically in position 1 still.
    7. On a related 09 note, throttle positions 1.0 to 1.50 do absolutely nothing to the power level of the locomotive (so it doesn't matter if you set the power to 1 or 1.50, both are exactly the same). That's definitely not right.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Kuu Lightwing

Kuu Lightwing Active Member

Can confirm. Has anyone tried the all services one? I bet that doesn't work either.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

In Stogumber you need to open the doors at the wrong side for the service departing at 12:15 at Bishops Lyeard. This is a bug in the instructions.

For the same service (and others as well). At the starting point you are dumped in the wrong cab. When moving to the other cab, the second main remains behind in the "wrong" cab. It's a detail, but demonstrates lack of focus while creating the services.

Another issue: in Watchet the stop position is not correct, you end halfway the platform, while half of the coaches is not along the platform.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  47. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

You need to apply the straight brake, release the train brake and then apply some power. Then gradually release the straight brake. I think if you apply too much power, the engine stops and you must restart the engine (you can see this by looking at the power indicator in the hud. If it shows 0 while you apply power, something is wrong with your engine).

48. SteamJunkie864

SteamJunkie864 New Member

On the first scenario Preparation with the class 47, after you switch the points you end up with two objective markers through out the run, one for objective going forward and the second from the objective you have just passed. 20180530220236_1.jpg

49. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Not really a bug this but I fell between the class 09 and the first coach and couldnt get up again on to the platform or down to the track to go around and up. Serves me right for getting out to admire the modelling I guess ;)

• Like Like x 1
  50. derdrevdi

derdrevdi New Member

I can't finish the "Finishing Up" scenario because at Williton North Yard Shunt the game says, that I have to get out and use a switch (which isn't highlighted but the map highlights my actual position), instead of shut down the train. I tried the scenario two times.

• Like Like x 1