London Underground Piccadilly Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Jun 6, 2021.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Today, I am suggesting the Piccadilly Line, of the London Underground for TSW 2.

Most of the information can be found in this video.

The Piccadilly Line, part of the London Underground, is a Tube Line running from Cockfosters to Heathrow Terminals 4 and 5 with a Branch to Uxbridge. It uses the second oldest Tube Stock on the whole London Underground System (The oldest is the 1972 Tube Stock currently in use on The Bakerloo Line), and that being the 1973 Tube Stock.
    [​IMG]

Between Acton Town and Barons Court, the Piccadilly Line runs with The District Line, also a London Underground Line. The Piccadilly Line runs Express (or Fast), services, skipping Chiswick Park, Stamford Brook, and Ravenscourt Park.

Maybe, if a future Subsurface Line DLC is created, DTG could layer the S Stock (preferably the S7 Stock), onto the route for the District Line Local (or Slow) services.

I feel like it is also worth it to mention that the Metropolitan Line of the London Underground also runs with the Piccadilly Line, but this time, between the Uxbridge Terminal and Rayners Lane Stations.

Again, if a future Subsurface Line DLC is created, the S Stock (this time the S7+1 Stock & S8 Stock) could be layered onto the route for the Metropolitan Line services, to add more life to the route and to make it more realistic.

This is just one of many Tube Lines that could be added to the game. There’s a big portion of the community that likes Subways (especially the London Underground), and it would be nice to get some more Subway Routes in the game. This route could work well with the upcoming ‘Rush Hour’ theme of TSW 2: Rush Hour, and hopefully, if it is created for TSW 2, it could spark a wave of more Subway Routes coming to the game.

What are your thoughts on this suggestion?

• Like Like x 15
  2. lewis tobin

lewis tobin Member

This is my number 1 hope for TSW2

• Like Like x 3
  3. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Me too, as I have also suggested this route before.

Three routes I would like to see is Piccadilly Line to Heathrow and Uxbridge or Rayners Lane.

Manchester Piccadilly to Crewe via Stockport and Manchester Airport.

Hornsby to Katoomba NSW via Sydney Central crossing the Harbour Bridge with a set of Tangara stock.

All fantastic routes that would all look truly magnificent in TSW or TS

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea indeed and speaking of District Line DTG can enlist Just Trains to work on that since it uses Metropolitan Line S7+1 & S8 Stock. This better be done now or otherwise it will resemble Paris Metro Lines 1 & 14 driverless operation with platform screen doors like the Jubilee Line Extension. If the new stock is included it's going to resemble HMA LZB segment to which LZB is replaced with CBTC with another train right behind you like HMA S3/S4

• Like Like x 2
  5. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

The problem is, if you were to make the whole Piccadilly Line, you would need to model 58 individual stations. That's probably too many.

I would instead suggest the Circle Line, which has 35 stations, only requires S stock and for the short portion it runs next to the GWML, services from GWE could be layered in to provide some AI (unlike the empty WCML on Bakerloo Line). It also contains a branch to Hammersmith with a depot there, and extra services can be added for the District, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City Lines which run on portions of the same track. Length is also under 20 miles and takes about an hour to drive a full circuit.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Hello

Hello New Member

By the way the line is Cockfosters to Uxbridge and the branch is to Heathrow but good suggestion this is one of my local lines along with the metropolitan line and central line

• Like Like x 2
  7. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

This was mentioned on the latest stream. The Piccadilly Line is about 45 miles long and has more than 50 stations, virtually impossible for DTG to model at the present time. Better to suggest a shorter section. Personally, I have little to no interest in subways, but they are often suggested for London and NYC, so I guess there's an audience. Trouble is, from my limited experience, the underground sections of the London subway all look pretty much the same and we already have one, which nobody seems to talk about much anymore. I don't know this for a fact, but I have a feeling that, like me, a lot of people took a couple of end to end turns on the Bakerloo and then moved on. Just my take.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  8. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The Bakerloo line simply has too many issues going on with the route and didn't really capture the hustle and bustle of the london underground hence why people don't really talk about it much anymore although there are some that are asking when the update for the bakerloo line will come out. There is an odd and random bug that prevents players from moving the train, we don't have a full timetable which makes the route feel dead because of the dispatcher, sounds are not realistic as well.

I personally would want to see another subway route but only after dtg fix and improve issues with the Bakerloo line. If we can't get a full timetable for Bakerloo, then how can we get a full timetable for any other london ungerground route.

• Like Like x 3
  9. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

The Uxbridge line is not the branch IIRC, the Heathrow line is

• Like Like x 2
  10. speedbird016

speedbird016 New Member

I really want to see this in tsw 2

• Like Like x 2