New Options In Settings?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AirbourneAlex, Jan 19, 2021.

1. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Something to possibly consider for a future TS20XX (if possible):

1). Option to toggle on/off audible warnings in external view.
    Would be useful to help prevent emergency brakes applying if switched to external view at moment of alarm.

2). Option to toggle on/off passengers on platforms.
    They can be annoying, especially when they walk off the platform grid.
    Useful if backdating a route and would prefer to hide the era-specific people.
    Possible performance boost too?

3). Remove default track bed rumble sound.
    Erroneously activates when pausing and unpausing the sim.
    This is most noticeable when driving a quieter train or when in a passenger view.

4). Introduce a way of autosaving scenarios.
    Automatically saves progress in a scenario (say every 5 mins).
    Prevents players from having to press F2 and save which pauses the sim and reduces immersion.
    This might cause extra stuttering, so could be switched off if performance is significantly affected.
    Mainly as a way to mitigate against possible crashes and losing scenario progress.

5). Make scenery density set to 100% by default, or remove setting altogether.
    By default this slider is set to below 100%, and yet has very little affect on performance.
    Only causes problems with missing assets and leads to people asking for assistance.

6). Add 'show only favourites' option to routes/trains in quick drive.
    Useful for those with lots of add-ons installed.
    To help filter out duplicate items and declutter menu for ease of use.
    Follows up from the star option but hides un-stared routes/trains, those that may not be used but are installed to allow other items to work, e.g. hiding Chatham Mainline as the same QD routings are available in Chatham Main & Medway Valley lines.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

I like it. Those suggestions make enough sense in my head.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

I second that- in fact I think it should be the default. Even when you're not using the in-cab view you're still driving the train and those warnings are part of the information the driver needs.

But then the auto-save kicks in just as you realize you're going too fast to avoid a scenario ending SPAD so resuming from the save point would just drop you into the same mess and the only real option is to restart. No bad thing to have as an option though and more useful if there were more than one save point possible per scenario- then you could choose to go back to the last save or five or ten or fifteen minutes before that etc.

On the subject why isn't there a Resume option when you exit a scenario as well as Replay and Close? This would be less of a chew if, once you leave the debriefing screen (or whatever it's called when you finish driving) you dropped back into the list where the scenario you've just driven appears. You could then just click on it and Resume, or select the next scenario if it's part of a series, but no- you're back at the top of the list. That was annoying when I had four routes- I've got about 30 now!

I've mentioned this elsewhere but I'd like to clear on screen messages with a key-press rather than having to drag the mouse around.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AirbourneAlex

To be honest that's one of the issues so I'm having second thoughts about how viable autosaving would be without it becoming too complex.

The quick drive menu can also be irritating when selecting another route or loco, as the list always resorts back to page one meaning you have to click through each page every time you select something different. It obviously gets worse with a larger collection of DLCs installed. I remember the old menu from back on TS2013 never had this issue.

• Like Like x 1
  5. trainbraint

trainbraint Well-Known Member

Wholly agree on that one - but I think at the moment it’s done on a train-by-train basis. Only certain trains, such as the JT 153 and the new (well - relatively new) DTG desiro have that option - making it default would require applying it to all the trains ever made for TS - quite a job I think you’ll agree.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AirbourneAlex

If that is the case then yes it wouldn't be very feasible... But given all trains run on the same AWS and DSD systems and probably work in the sim using the same code, I was thinking there might be a way to override it so all trains have sounds set to audible in external cameras if it involves something fairly simple like switching a value in a generic line of code.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. trainbraint

trainbraint Well-Known Member

If that works, I would love to see it (all that sort of thing is a bit past my level, I don’t know much about how that works)

• Like Like x 2
  8. benhhng

benhhng Member

Function of closing the door, if the time is up, you can choose to close the door, and if someone is caught by the door, you have to re-open the door, this is common on commuter trains.

More different looking on passengers, e.g. Elderly, children.

Add some passengers carrying things, the passengers on long distance trains may carrying baggage, and some passengers may use umbrella when raining.

More clear departing signal.

9. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

These are some solid ideas... Yeah sometimes the passengers get on my nerves, such as when there are 5 clones next to each other lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. benhhng

benhhng Member

Also the passenger train should be able to calculate the ridership, instead of every time open the door the same number of passenger come out.

11. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

Already exists as an option, in the editor you can change the amount of passengers at the platform by hour.

• Like Like x 1
  12. benhhng

benhhng Member

How about on board?

• Like Like x 1
  13. AirbourneAlex

Why I wish people are optionally removed:
    20210519212839_1.jpg
    20210120171204_1.jpg
    20200428130717_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1