[mod] New Version 2.0! - Csx Mp15dc Yn3 For Spg

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by TheShotte, Jun 6, 2021.

1. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

New! Updated to version 2.0!
    If you've downloaded prior to June 29th, 2021, please download "SPG_CSX_MP15DC_YN3_V2.0.zip" and overwrite the original files to update.

Requirements

Train Sim World 2
    Caltrain MP15DC Diesel Switcher Loco
    Peninsula Corridor: San Francisco - San Jose

What This Mod Does

Gameplay
    Adds the CSX MP15DC in YN3 livery and replaces the GP-38 in 15 Cumberland Yard Services as well as adding it to the Cumberland Switchback Scenario. This effectively makes the MP15DC YN3 the yard goat for Cumberland Yard. This is not a reskin. The original Caltrain MP15DC CT is still fully available for use on the Peninsula Corridor route, this mod simply adds a variant of the MP15DC, in YN3 livery, that is completely independent of the Caltrain loco for use on Sand Patch Grade.
    Locomotive
    The model itself had to be modified just to allow for a proper CSX logo on the loco, not to mention the new paintjob and decals. I had to modify and re-import both the Exterior and Cab meshes of the locomotive. The resulting model is a fairly accurate representation of an actual CSX MP15DC in YN3 livery. Furthermore, once imported into Unreal, proper paths had to be set to the assets used by the locomotive to essentially make it possible to turn it into a stand-alone locomotive independent of the Caltrain one (although they do share some features).
    Optional Feature
    Also provided in the zip file for Version 1.1 is "TS2Prototype-TS-SPG-CSX-MP15DC-FlippedFormation.pak" (created by Anna_AWVR a.k.a. Yuri), which is an alternate Nose to Nose formation for the majority of the services to spice things up. The default formation for the MP15DCs is cab to cab, noses out, so you drive looking forward. However, if you wish to use the alternate nose to nose (cabs out) formation, please install this file along with the main mod pak following the instructions below.

Changes

Version 2.0
    ⦁ Separated the loco into it's own entity, thus leaving the Caltrain version of the MP15DC intact - this part actually entailed a whole lot of development
    ⦁ Adjusted the glossiness of both inside and outside of the loco
    ⦁ Other miscellaneous tweaks

Version 1.11
    Corrected some vertices weight issues for decals (issue was visible only when rear cab door was open)
    ⦁ Adjusted color of CSX logo text ever so slightly to better match it's counterparts

Version 1.1

⦁ Edited the textures and made sure there are no parts with bad texturing, also changed the tone of the blue color ever so slightly to match existing stock more, and a bunch of other touchups to other maps (MRAO) respectively
    ⦁ Corrected various smoothing issues on both the Exterior and Cab meshes, overall presentation should be better
    ⦁ Removed Brake Cut-out and compartment from the Exterior mesh (it was on the right hand side, on top of the Emergency Fuel Cut-off)
    ⦁ Removed roof scoop from the Exterior mesh
    ⦁ Removed the 2 blank screens from the Cab mesh (top of control stand)
    ⦁ Added more decals (Watch Your Step, F (front) decal, etc.)
    ⦁ Added proper CSX MP15DC road numbers 1140 - 1149 (initial release used only 2 from original release)
    ⦁ Adjusted MP15DC reflectors to match default CSX stock slightly better, although still limited by the fact that default CSX reflectors are their own material
    ⦁ Other misc. corrections
    Version 1.0 - Initial Release
    ⦁ Substituted GP-38 with MP15DC on 15 Cumberland Yard Services
    ⦁ Added MP15DC to Cumberland Switchback
    ⦁ New menu Thumbnail
    Modified Exterior Model of MP15DC
    ⦁ -- Removed the polygons for the old Caltrain decal along with the hinge covers
    ⦁ -- Extensively changed UV map to allow for new livery
    ⦁ -- Added CSX logo decals to both sides, and remapped the hinges underneath the Logo so that the paint on the hinges matches
    ⦁ -- Added a bunch of decals all around the loco
    ⦁ -- Changed road numbers to all be 4 digit
    ⦁ -- Modeled and UV mapped new ditch light box, moved up all ditch lights to be accurate and on the same height as all CSX locos
    ⦁ -- Removed number board hood from the front of the cab, moved Horn to main roof (was on top of the removed hood)
    ⦁ -- Added number boards to the front of the nose
    ⦁ -- Deleted cup holder looking things that were above the left ditch light on both front and back of loco (it's not present on CSX MP15DCs)
    Modified Cab Model of MP15DC
    ⦁ -- Changed road numbers to 4 digits
    ⦁ -- Modified/Removed some other decals
    ⦁ -- Fixed Rain FX/wiper not working on the front left cab door present on vanilla MP15DC
    ⦁ Besides the glass and like and some cab textures (dials and whatnot), all other textures and maps were changed, some created entirely from scratch
    ⦁ Changed interior color to better match CSX stock

Legal Notice

This add-on contains the usage of non-licensed materials. However, being artistic, educational and non-commercial in nature, the non-licensed materials are legally released in accordance to "Fair Use" - Section 107 of the Copyright Act.

Credits

Anna_AWVR a.k.a. Yuri:
    MP15DC SPG Service Substitution, Cumberland Switchback loco substitution, changing road numbers, ~50% Base Color Texture, moral support. Overall awesome person. Also created the Alternate Formations entirely.
    TheShotte: Models and changes for both Exterior and Cab models along with TSW2 engine import, 50% Base Color Texture, with a few new materials and countless other texture maps.

Download

CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE! Work has begun on updating the loco to be compliant with the new game/engine versions. ETA - No clue.

Installation Instructions

1. Download and extract the contents of "SPG_CSX_MP15DC_YN3_V2.0.zip" to a location on your Hard Drive.
    2. From the extracted files, copy the file 'TS2Prototype-TS-SPG-CSX-MP15DC.pak' into *'(GAME_LOCATION)\WindowsNoEditor\TS2Prototype\Content\DLC', if you had a previous version of the mod, make sure you overwrite the old file.
    3. If you wish to use the alternate Cabs Out (Nose to Nose) MP15DC formations, also copy "TS2Prototype-TS-SPG-CSX-MP15DC-FlippedFormation.pak" along with the above file.
    *(GAME_LOCATION) being the game directory ex. 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Train Sim World 2'

Important Note: Please remove any other modifications that may alter the MP15DC Locomotive. An example of such a modification would be the "Amtrak MP15DC" mod by Anna_AWVR a.k.a. Yuri.

Media

Overview Video by Schnauzahpowahz:

Screenshots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Special Thanks
    Huge thank you to Will from T.S.C. Discord for his incredible help (in more ways than I can describe), I'm not sure if v2.0 would be possible without him. Also, thank you to Schnauzapowahz for his overview videos.

Note:
    Please do not redistribute this file without permission. If you plan on using this for your own mods, please get our permission to do so first.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 17
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for this! Can't wait to try it out

• Like Like x 1
  3. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Looks amazing!

Just curious - considering CalTrain runs their pair with long hoods towards each other, does CSX do it the other way around or is flipping the locos limited by the game?

4. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Really nice, glad to see it released!

Still a bit bummed about the that it overwrites the default Caltrain MP15DC as well instead of being an entirely separate train, but amazing work nevertheless and will definitely give it a go sometime.

5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Oh, it looks very tasty. Are you suggesting buying MP15DC? Are you in league with THEM? We will think, we will think.
    Bravo, TheShotte! Another very good mod \o/

• Like Like x 1
  6. KoeleKoen

Makes more sense to me, never understood the short hood run over PC, is this the actual way they do it? Feels counter intuitive, having your dash behind you

• Like Like x 1
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

IRL, there are adequate regulations. It is mostly about driving on the mainline.
    Because of visibility and safety. Short hood in the front = preferred.

edits = grammar

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

The only thing that would make this better is the ability to still have the CalTrain version without needing remove the CSX one, which I'm sure you would've done if possible. Probably the first mod with TSW that I've been seriously impressed with, definitely am going to use this at some point, well done team!
    Out of curiosity how on Earth did you guys do that? DTG have constantly said they can't do that because of the way TSW's design. Yet you guys who presumably don't have the amount of time and expertise in Unreal that DTG do are able to do that. Did you have to do anything special to get it working with Sand Patch only?

Trust me they run switchers cab forward all the time in the US, we had (and I believe still do have) a pair of BNSF SW1500's that work around here, and they always operate the engines with both cabs facing outward. It tends to be much rarer for them to operate nose first, I presume for visibility reasons like breblimator said.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheShotte

It technically is possible but just a helluva lot of work that quite frankly may not be worth it. You want to run this loco on SFJ, pull the mod (there's even a mod manager), if you want to run it as CSX, you enable the mod. Having said that, thank you for the kind words, they are much appreciated. Also, I already know of some people that do not even own Peninsula Corridor and only bought the MP15DC just so they could play this modded version, which is super cool.

Not that I know of, although I cannot answer this question because that was all Yuri.

Interesting. I'm gonna talk to Yuri and see if we can make one of the few formations have outward cabs, or have it be random or something if possible.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. TheShotte

This is what it's all about. Below are a few comments from Schnauzapowahz' Train Sim World 2: CSX MP15DC video:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

People buying DLC because of mod. :) This is why not having Mod Tools is hurting TSW more than it's helping it. I cannot remember how many TSXXXX routes and assets I purchased because I needed it as a requirement for user created content.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Anna_AWVR

Anna_AWVR Active Member

Hi, Yuri here! In regards to the SPG setup that was a combination of making a new formation to mirror the existing GP38-2 formation but with a few letters changed in the filename, I then hex edited the timetable file to replace that specific formation with my own. I did the same for Cumberland Switchback by hex editing its timetable file.

The original formation was DoubleGP38_Subhost, which remains unchanged, but the line for those specific services has been edited to support my formation called DoubleGP38_Modhost.

I could try to make one of the formations have the units be nose-to-nose but further research is required to see if I can make that work. I'll have to sort out exactly which yard services use which pair.

TheShotte
    Randomization of direction isn't possible unfortunately, the variable bFlipped has only two options, true or false.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I can understand that it would be a pain to do, and moving a file in and out isn't that difficult. But good to hear it's at least doable should the need ever come for it at least.
    That's interesting, so nothing needed to be done to decouple (pardon the pun) the engine from the route it was made for? Just basically make a formation and a hex edit? Considering all the times DTG have said "We can't make the addon engines work without the route it was made for" that sounds fairly simple as far as it goes. DTG would have way more powerful tools at hand then you guys have, so I can't imagine it would be that complex for them to do.

13. TheShotte

You can use all engines on all routes in Scenario Planner??

14. TheShotte

So I'm going to do an update to fix a few things that I've overlooked when releasing. Nothing major, mostly small stuff, but I would like to give this mod as much polish as possible so I can call it a day.

The question I wanted to ask is - should we reverse the locos to be cab-ends out?

15. robski

robski Member

That's great to hear, love it if a product meets perfection.;)
    If I may leave a suggestion... Could you look into the sound of te mp15? I tryed modding it myself but it didn't work for some reason, still have to find that out.
    The real sounds of a 645E sound a bit different.

Thank you so much for your work and efforts and time, they should hire you and Yuri at DTG. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Although I am not all-knowing in American railroading, I'd say it's more likely they're nose-to-nose. If I was to sit in the real loco pair, I'd prefer it that way as well to have a better view of the coupler, the most important thing for shunting. The photos are all over the place, but CSX MP15s usually appear this way on photos. It's probably not a crime to shunt cab-to-cab, but if it's possible I think they'd put them this way.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  17. TheShotte

Makes sense. Here's the thing, there are like 3 (or more??) Versions of the MP15. You have the MP15DC, MP15AC and last but not least, the MP15T. I believe the picture above is either a T or AC variant, because it's donning the YN3 livery, but half the back of the cab is blue, and the lights are yellow. The MP15DCs in YN3 livery that we have recreated have their entire cab back in yellow and the lights are blue. The above has little to do with the cab-to-cab discussion, I just wanted to throw it out there. :cool: In regards to the loco orientation - we will be doing some research to see if it would be possible to have substitution or something, if not than i will talk to Yuri, get her opinion on it, and make them cab to cab.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Anna_AWVR

Anna_AWVR Active Member

Ask and you shall recieve~
    unknown.png
    Due in the next update as an optional PAK file so you can choose the original setup or this one.

Oh and accurate road numbers for the whole CSX MP15DC fleet as per the prototype (CSX 1140-1149). No more two numbers like Caltrain. Thanks to Will on the TSC Discord for his help with this!
    unknown.png

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  19. TheShotte

Version 1.1 has been released, original post above has been updated with the details.

• Like Like x 2
  20. TheShotte

Followed up with a Version 1.11 to fix a very minor bug introduced in 1.1. Download it!

• Like Like x 2
  21. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

File these two under "magnificent mods" and "Why didn't DTG think of this?"!!!!!

I'd just like to add a little tutorial regarding headlight set-up in the MP15 DC when 2 units are coupled together:

1. stand up and walk a short distance toward the center of the cab, where you will find a control stand.​

20210619105151_1a.jpg

2. As the saying goes, "One picture is worth a thousand words".

3. Sit back down and get to work.​

• Like Like x 1
  22. TheShotte

Light Setup for the Nose to Nose Alternate Formation:
    Lead Loco: Headlight Control switch (pictured above) set to the bottom - "Coupled at Hood End", Signal Lights switch (below Front Headlight switch) set to Rear. Number lights on.
    Slave Loco: Headlight Control switch (pictured above) set to the left - "Controlled by Unit Coupled at Either End", Signal Lights switch (below Front Headlight switch) set to Rear. Number lights on.

To be fair, the only difference between the regular Cab to Cab formation and the alternate Nose to Nose formation is that the latter uses "Coupled at Hood End" as opposed to "Coupled at Cab End", and you don't have to set the Signal Lights to "Rear".

23. LastTrainToClarksville

I was really enjoying using this mod to drive session Y109 Westbound Set-Out and Pick-Up until I ran into a familiar mess: a pair of diesels sitting between me and the next rack I'm supposed to couple to. Rats!!!

24. TheShotte

You mean the pair of AC4400s that ends up blocking you in? Yeah I just got that yesterday, pissed me off. I do believe that's an issue with the game itself though.

25. LastTrainToClarksville

You can bet on that, since this flub-a-dubber has been around for a long time. I don't have an inkling how you create your mods, but can you do anything to fix a late-in-the-action disappointment such as this?

26. TheShotte

I'm more the content guy, so I do the models, textures, materials, rigs, etc., but I could ask Anna_AWVR what she thinks. I honestly think the AC4400's are just mistriggered somehow. They're there for the majority of your movements, and then they pull out when youre mid-move instead of waiting 'till you clear.

27. TheShotte

• Like Like x 2
  28. diesel power

diesel power Member

Congratulations for the new improved mod ! Could you please make a version that uses one loco instead of two? thank you in advance

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  29. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The malicious pair of AC4400s are a problem because like all AI trains they operate according to the dictates of a fixed timetable: at Time X they go where they are programmed to, regardless of what the player train is doing- and the game assumes blisteringly fast work on the part of the player in order to be past that part of the service at Time X, which often doesn't work out. Clinchfield has similar issues.

I have found the easiest way to deal with them is to couple to them and make them part of your consist (don't worry about MU setup, you can drag them dead). If you leave them uncoupled, then the dispatcher changes switches according to their programmed path, which screws things up for you.

• Like Like x 1
  30. joerg.kuenscher

joerg.kuenscher Well-Known Member

Hello TheShotte, unfortunately I have problem with your mod of Csx Mp15dc. When I install it the TSW2 crashes every time. I installed the Caltrain MP15DFC diesel switcher from Steam, see picture. Even after a Steam check it does not work unfortunately.

Do you maybe have an idea about this?

Regards from Germany,Jörg.

Attached Files:

31. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Maybe get Pen corridor DLC might be also the problem

32. TheShotte

Yeah, unfortunately I'm pretty sure this is the problem. Version 2.0 turned the MP15DC YN3 into it's own livery (instead of being a reskin) so people with Peninsula Corridor could still use the original Caltrain version. Try downloading the older version 1.11 from this link. However, first, delete the current version of the mod, and try playing a Timetable service on Sand Patch Grade. If it works fine, no crashes, then install the above linked version 1.11. To be honest, the only time I've had TSW2 crash was when I had corrupted files on Steam. So to be sure, verify the integrity of your TSW2 installation via Steam as well.

33. joerg.kuenscher

Unfortunately, TSW2 also crashes with version 1.11. Is it possible that I need the Peninsula Corridor to use version 2.0?

34. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Yup sadly

35. joerg.kuenscher

Hellow TheShotte , now, with the Peninsula Corrdor route, version 2.0 works without problems. Thanks for the super mod.
    Regards Jörg.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  36. TheShotte

My apologies. One thing I didn't take into consideration was the fact that the actual MP15DC DLC has the Peninsula Corridor DLC as a requirement. Apart from that, you are welcome, I'm glad you are enjoying it.

• Like Like x 1
  37. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

Hi there..... I just wanted to ask if you had plans to update this and your Clinchfield Re-Imagined mod for 4.26? Would be a real shame to lose them both.

• Like Like x 2
  38. LastTrainToClarksville

After the recent massive update to the Steam version of TSW2, these two mods, which are still installed, do not work: that is, the MP15s and their activities are not available in the CSX menu system. I tried checking the Utilities - Train Sim Community site for version 2.0 of these mods, but could not find them. Please help!?!

39. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

Good day! After updating the kernel, the mod stopped working. I ask you very much to update the mod. I really miss him.

40. LastTrainToClarksville

This is the error message that appears when I click the link provided in your OP and am signed in:

Not Found
    The requested resource could not be found, but may be available again in the future.

Error code:
    NotFound
    Request URL:
    /mods/c3-train-sim-world-2/c18-legacy-skins/c57-north-american/c59-locomotives/i1110-csx-mp15dc-yn3-for-spg-v20
    Request ID:
    00-97f37f5ed614a345a17dc602a4f841a0-378d704f839e9d4f-00
    As already noted above, I really appreciate this mod and really miss it in the latest evolution of TSW2.

41. KoeleKoen

It's not updated for the new unreal engine version

42. WaveyDavey

That's because trainsimcommunity have temporarily pulled all mods that have not been updated for 4.26. Until the mod has been updated it won't be available to download as users wouldn't be able to use it.

That was why I asked a couple of posts above yours if he was planning on updating the mod. ;)

43. LastTrainToClarksville

While I appreciate (somewhat) replies from others, I'm waiting for a reply to my above question regarding version 2.0 from TheShotee himself.

44. WaveyDavey

You may well be waiting for TheShotee to answer your two questions but that doesn't mean the response others have given you doesn't explain why 1.... The mod isn't currently working, and 2..... Why you cannot find it on trainsimcommunity...... (I myself have mods on that site and some of them were withdrawn like this one until I had updated them for version 4.26 so I know what I'm talking about thanks)..... He'll only be able to tell you the exact same things. ;)

Personally I think the question I asked TheShotee in the post immediately before your first post (And probably why you commented yourself as it meant this topic was back at the top of the forum) is the more relevant question and the one we should all be waiting for the answer to...... Which is will he be updating this and his other mods to work with the new 4.26 version of the game. ;)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  45. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Yes.
    Only real question left unanswered at this point is when, and I would guess that answer's "When it's done" or something along those lines.

• Like Like x 1
  46. WaveyDavey

Yep I've just seen that post in the other thread myself. Good to hear they will be updated though. :)

47. TheShotte

Yeah, as of now we are actively working on porting our beloved MP15DC YN3 to the newest game version. As far as how long it will take - I have no idea. The MP15DC YN3 is a pretty complex project, as it essentially adds a brand new loco to the game, and I am not sure which parts I will have to re-do to be compliant with the new game and engine versions.

If you would like to support me, please consider donating. I normally wouldn't ask, but recent times have been very trying for me.
    http://paypal.me/PJtotheK

Thank you for your support.

• Like Like x 2
  48. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

DTG SUPPORT YOU

49. TheShotte

?

50. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

TheShotte keep up the good work
    hopefully you will get to update the Reimagined mod for clinchfield soon too