Upcoming Bakerloo Line

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Samo1, May 20, 2021.

1. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

It’s official, the Bakerloo line has been “upcoming” for so long that TFL (transport for London) has renamed the line

PS it’s been in upcoming since February, it’s heading toward June and still not even next arrival

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

We now hit June and the Bakerloo line is still “upcoming”

Matt, Sam, what’s happening, it’s been upcoming since February?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Good to see you back Samo1

I’d been keen to hear why it’s taken so bloomin long also. Newer DLC taken priority perhaps?
    It’s a fun line and long overdue the planned updates.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I’m never far away
    I actually like the Bakerloo Line a ton, shame about frame rate and freezes on the base PS4 but this is one of my favourite routes and the wait since February is unacceptable really

5. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Matt, Sam, Nat, Adam, anyone? how come the Bakerloo line has been in upcoming since February?
    A response would be nice, a date when the update is being released after all this time would be better

Thanks in anticipation of a reply

• Like Like x 2
  6. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I’m still waiting for Wembley Arena and the Shark on Console since 6 months.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Wembley and the Shard should have been in the original release last August time (I think)

• Like Like x 3
  8. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

No chance of seeing Wembley Arena as we can't even see Wembley Stadium which is in front of the arena.

• Like Like x 2
  9. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Just when you thought it was safe to go back on the Bakerloo. :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

How long you need TrainSim-Adam or why not the Main Team fixed this shortly

• Like Like x 1
  11. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

DB628 kurz auf Deutsch (I apologise for not using English): sowas immer mit 'do' ergänzen, ist wo ähnlich wie der alte Spruch: wer brauchen ohne zu gebraucht, braucht brauchen gar nicht zu gebrauchen ... ^^
    Also: "How long do you need .. und .. why doesn't, danach Grund-Form des Verbs, z.B. fix (nicht fixed)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  12. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Samo1 I am responding in this thread instead of the other one I locked, but in the future please don't make duplicates to get a response or you risk both being locked.

I appreciate it is frustrating waiting a long time for an update, and as you have pointed out, Bakerloo has been in upcoming for a considerable amount of time.
    Going forward we are trying to avoid items being on the Roadmap for too long.

As you are aware the core focus for the preservation crew has recently been on the updates for LIRR and RT. The preservation crew will gradually be moving over to each route and will give them all the same amount of attention. To begin with this is a really time consuming process, as we want to try and implement as many fixes as we can.

Not all of the routes are going to require as much time as LIRR did. Bakerloo will get it's turn but we don't currently have any news to share with you regarding this route. When we have a date to share and more information we absolutely will make sure you know about it.

I would also recommend tuning into the Roadmap streams if you don't already as Adam will detail exactly what he and his team are working on at the moment.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  13. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your explanation but one has to say this has been created by not getting it right in the first place. Maybe not your side of things, but you can see how frustrating it is to the user and people who buy the software only to find issues. That really in their minds (and mine) should have been sorted. Especially when they seem to be going round in circles and not learning from the past issues.

Not everyone wants to sit through the whole of a Roadmap stream and waste an hour or so listening to them chat about stuff. Certainly I have given up twice now, with the chatting and cross bantering of whoever the two are doing the latest Roadmap. Don't promise something that a company is not going to achieve it only causes more frustration.

I am looking forward to the fixes and hope they fix things. :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

But you can adding the Trademarks the Shark and Wembley Arena Right now without Adams Team.

15. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply Nat, I do watch the streams, I have seen the Bakerloo talked about many times since February and still no sign of the update in June, can you wonder why people get frustrated? I appreciate the roadmap and the streams but the info given needs to be relevant and up to date, as Sam recently said, an update that’s not pushed out is not an update and the impression is this update was finished ages ago, Adam even listed the fixes and the landmarks are back in place, so what’s the hold up or was this info wrong?

• Like Like x 1
  16. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I can certainly understand why you feel frustrated. And we are having discussions with the Preservation Crew to see what can be improved with how we deliver updates.

At the moment we are delivering PresCrew updates on a route by route basis (which is most likely what's causing the delay with Bakerloo)
    And based on feedback this is not popular with many of the community.

If we did change how updates are released, we also need to consider download sizes and how that would impact other users too.
    We don't want to bombard everyone with frequent large downloads.

We are discussing and working on ways to improve, but this isn't a quick process, like many things. And it can feel like we aren't doing anything when you see something on the Roadmap for such a long time.

We do appreciate how patient the community are. And I do understand how you are feeling.

17. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

When you think a roadmap is every two weeks, and then you see the update your waiting for in the same place after six or seven roadmaps it is very frustrating but I also realise you can’t please all the people all the time,

I know the roadmap is an honest attempt to keep us all informed and I’m sure the vast majority appreciate the work that goes into the roadmap and the streams but at the same time they can shoot themselves in the foot as well

Just for the record the Landmarks are the least important part of the update for me but will be the most important for others, so I realise we all have different agendas and expectations even on the same route, it is a juggling act to please everyone but you don’t want to frustrate either ideally

The Bakerloo is actually one of the best routes so I hope other London Underground routes make it to the game but yes I know………… there’s nothing on the roadmap now, not even in ‘upcoming’ and that’s just frustrating lol

• Like Like x 1