Xbox Rro Petroleum Br185

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by schorni, Dec 13, 2020.

1. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

- I don't know if it's a problem with the mission or I have no idea how to do it.... In Journey mode chapter 2 the second of the 3 petroleum missions (15:50:00) is impossible for me. I don't know how to get up the hill, because you either have too little power and then stop on the hill or with a little more power the wheels turn through. Visually it looks dry, but it drives like it's raining.
    I tried the same mission in TSW 2020 and there are no problems.

In timetable mode you drive the same mission easily up the hill with the same weather settings in my opinion.

- Sand doesn't do anything. It feels as if you activate the function but it has no effect

- Also there is a display error with the date view on the display of the 185 The year is interrupted by a dot.

- the number in the kN display seems very low for this loco?

I play mainly on Xbox, but have also tried it on PC and there it is identical.

Datum185.jpg 12-12-2020_6-49-43_PM-fokytcwh.jpg 13.12.2020_11-04-18-epcmiusq.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

A few of us has tried this service on Discord and it seems to be impossible to get to the top of the second hill.

The sander on the 185 provides no benefit at all, and you eventually stall about 3/4 of the way up the hill. It's then impossible to get the train moving again.

3. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Same problem on PS4/5 ‍♂️

4. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

The train is too heavy for the TSW 2 adhesion feature, if you decouple 9 wagons and leave them behind you can finish this scenario.
    In the end a yellow text message appears about wrong or not expected consist but this has no effect.

• Like Like x 2
  5. LucasLCC

Perhaps one day this will be fixed... But with DTG you have to wait a few years...

• Like Like x 2
  6. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I know that it is not working as intended, but actually I was able to do all the climbing journey mode runs.
    Make sure that banking comm is active in the lead loco first and foremost.
    I remember that I lost speed throughout the climb and at around the half way mark I came to a stop and started rolling backwards. I applied a minimum of breaks to get the consist at a safe stop. Then I released the brakes and applied little power (can't remember how much but it was not that much).
    Then pressing sander, after the breaks were fully released, the consist started moving again, while standing on the incline.
    I was gaining momentum and was able to increase power over time and by the time I got to the tunnel, I was at 40 km/h.
    It was important to hold sander, at least when starting on the incline, because without sander the wheels actually slipped. So from my point of view the sander is actually working. To be fair, I thought the same (holding sander for the whole climbing process even before standing still on the hill) that it was not doing anything at all, but starting on the incline proved otherwise. Without sander I would not have gotten up.

All that being said, Adam is currently revisiting the timetable to get this issue out of the way.

7. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

Are we talking about MSB or RRO (as the title says)?

8. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Ahh shoot. Sorry, ignore anything I typed then - I mixed the routes up in my head.

9. LucasLCC

Explains my confusion as to where my second loco had gone!

10. OpenMinded

schorni: in case you are desperate to get the tick in the box for this journey, there is a trick: just get rid of the last 5 or so cars, before you leave Hagen. You can run it through and do get an "achieved" status. It worked for me:cool:

11. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

If you own a locomotive DB BR 155. It has enough power to climb that hill.

12. OpenMinded

Is it possible to exchange one loco with another one in journey mode?

13. Richard CZE

No it doesn't work. I did this service 24 hours mods.

14. OpenMinded

The original problem was reported to be the journey mode. In service mode it also works with the BR185

15. Richard CZE

It will definitely be a good idea to point this out again when Adam's team is working on this DLC. My suggestion for a repair would be to add a second locomotive.

• Like Like x 2
  16. schorni

I know this "solution", but that is not what I want :)

In TSW 2020, this task worked without any problems. Only in TSW 2 there is the problem. In Timetable mode, you set the weather yourself, so you can simply bypass the problem there. But I want to have everything done in Journey mode :)

17. OpenMinded

That’s not to say that TSW2020 was more realistic in this context. I do believe that it is quite realistic that a heavy train in this kind of slippery conditions needs to run in double traction. These kind of routes often are restricted in real world.

That’s why I like Richard CZEs suggestion for DTG to simply add a second loco, when Adam is going to work on this route.

18. schorni

Absolutely. When porting, it was simply " overseen" (probably not tested at all) that this task can no longer work. The question now is whether it is so easy to add another locomotive or whether they simply change the "weather" and thus reduce the wheel slip.
    Or whether they fix "sand", which doesn't seem to work at all. Maybe you could get up there with that. As a little challenge.

19. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

After all, there is a reason why so long as the Spessart Ramp was in use, they kept one or more banking engines at Lohr.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. OpenMinded

It gave me no rest, so I did some more digging. I requested this very configuration with DBNetz and, turns out, that one BR185 is only allowed to pull 1580t on this route. The 1878t of the scenario is therefore impossible to run this route in real life.

If you do the maths, by the way, you would have to leave 5 cars behind to get to below 1580t.

Max weight for double traction is 1980t and for push configuration max weight would be 2110t.

So, all quite a realistic representation of the real world, I would say;)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  21. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Realistic in regard of how much weight the loco is able to pull, but not at all realistic in terms of setting up the service!

I'm also not satisfied with the push configuration on the Spessart Ramp. I may accept that the wrong loco is used (it was the BR151 in RL), but this loco never got coupled to the train. And so the train didn't need to stop at Heigenbrücken for the uncoupling.
    I mean, this simulation is appraised as being accurate and authentic, but that part won't ever be.

22. OpenMinded

True! I should have said that the physics are represented quite realistic...

23. Richard CZE

For heavy trains, two locomotives were used for pushing. This could solve the slip problem on the MSB.
    Screenshot_20210314-163520.png

• Like Like x 1