Cathcart Circle Collectables

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by allysimpson247, Jun 10, 2021.

1. allysimpson247

allysimpson247 Member

Having obtained all of the collectables without a guide for the first time in a route, I thought I'd make my own guide for those who want to get this set. I don't have any screenshots but they are generally quite easy to find, just look around the station (or depot) area.

8 collectables (2 of each) - Glasgow Central, Shields Road

7 collectables (1 poster, 2 of everything else) - Neilston

5 collectables (2 posters, 1 of everything else) - Mount Florida

4 collectables (1 of each) - Pollokshields East, Queens Park, Crosshill, Cathcart, Langside, Pollokshaws East, Shawlands, Maxwell Park, Pollokshields West, Kings Park, Croftfoot, Burnside, Kirkhill, Newton, Muirend, Williamwood, Whitecraigs, Patterton

• Helpful Helpful x 8
    • Like Like x 6
  2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I was surprised to see them at the depot area. Thought they would've all been at stations.

• Like Like x 2
  3. allysimpson247

allysimpson247 Member

Took me ages to work that out! Two other stations (Dumbreck and Crossmyloof) appear on the map and I was convinced they were there but you can't get to them.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Most helpful post I’ve seen in a long time. Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 2
  5. DaVeTheDaVer

DaVeTheDaVer Member

I miss one of the newspaper thins

• Like Like x 1
  6. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Isn’t the fun finding them without help? maybe it’s just me?
    They are just pointless with a guide but obviously not everyone has to read the guide

• Like Like x 1
  7. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I noticed these two unreachable stations yesterday as well. Wanted to visit the one near the depot on foot, but an invisible wall understandably stopped me from doing so. I was able to see the bridge over the station in the distance, but both the resolution and draw distance were too low to see any platforms. Hopefully a PC player with a “no boundaries” mod can visit these stations and show us what they look like!

• Like Like x 2
  8. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I use a guide to mop up what I can't find myself so that's a good balance to me. I don't find it fun on some high speed routes where the collectibles are miles from a station on a straight track with not much scenery difference. Could spend hours looking for the last 2 when I could be spending that time on a train or making a livery. As I note the areas/stations of what I find it doesn't take too long to see which ones I am missing from a guide. I understand some like to walk the routes. That's not my thing (I do like to look around sidings and stations).

If you play Ruhr-Sieg Nord (LIRR was fixed recently), there's also the glitchy count of collectibles. If you don't find the surplus hammers/signs, you will be looking for a light that I think isn't able to be reached. Thankfully more care has been taken with collectibles on newer routes.

Attached Files:

• RSN.png
      RSN.png
      File size:
      113.4 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 2
  9. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

Slightly off topic, but I find the collectables that are the little wooden trains with flowers to be so charming! I think some stations have them as not fully painted (or weathered) which is a nice little extra detail.

• Like Like x 6
  10. BobbyC

BobbyC New Member

I agree very helpful and appreciated post. I’d missed one and this helped narrow down where. Thank you.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Hmm. I’ve been to every station twice and I’m missing four collectables (1 of each). I’ve also been to the depot. I don’t know how I can missing four of each collectable. It’s unlikely I’ve missed one of each type at four different stations, and I can’t have missed an entire station. I’m wondering if my game has glitched and not recorded one of each, but even that’s unlikely.

EDIT: It was me being thick. I missed that there were two of each collectable at Shields Road Depot.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Some larger stations have 2 of a type, and Glasgow Central has 2 of each.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

What was at the deport area?Map,poster,flower train,news box.

• Like Like x 1
  14. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Basically each collectible x2.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

There nothing to get to theres nothing modeled for them.There only on the map.BTW they sound like two stations you would expect to see in a harry potter movie.

• Like Like x 1
  16. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Thanks for the guide. I appreciate it as I only really do the collectables for the achievement and it is also a good way to have a mooch around the stations on foot if I just feel like sitting down doing something I don’t have to think too much about.

• Like Like x 1
  17. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Would someone please advise where the Scotland posters are at Glasgow Central. I found on adjacent to Platform 10 with other posters but cannot find the other one

18. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

If I remember correctly, one is on the left wall of the main station building (left when looking at the inoperative main PIS screens) near the barriers to the platforms.

19. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thanks Matjamca, I appreciate your help. I have now also found a useful video for anyone struggling.

• Like Like x 1
  20. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

21. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Thanks for the guide, was scouring the forums for one with a checklist.

Over on XBox I am pretty sure this is glitched, so I guess I should go and report it there.
    I have 25 of everything except newspapers. I just finished a full circuit of every station and can confirm for papers I have:
    2 at Glasgow Central
    2 at Shields Depot
    2 at Neilston
    1 at each of the other 19 stations

By my maths, that's 25. Not 24.

*EDIT* oooh, going back a second time through the list, it turned out one of them was VISUALLY bugging and displaying the papers in the stand when they actually weren't! When I walked up to the box closely though, it gave me the ping! It was the one I found while doing the initial introduction to the line, on the platform at the beginning, so I guess it didn't properly register me collecting it, but visually updated it to look like I had.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  22. roggek

roggek Active Member

I noticed that the collectibles in CCL ARE bugged.
    I drove "Extra Time" and noticed that the route map at Mount Florida was suddenly "missing".
    I knew i put it there earlier in freemode walk mode, but now i had to place it there again and gain all 25 maps placed.
    Now i am looking for the last tourist poster (/24 of 25 placed) and all are placed by freemode walk, (as the steam guide posted), but something is glitched...