I Wonder What This Could Be...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TrainSim-Martin, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrainSim-Martin

TrainSim-Martin Well-Known Member

2. giogurto_grande

giogurto_grande Active Member

GWE in the background this time. And all backgrounds depict stations. PIS / ASI fits.

• Like Like x 3
  3. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

PIS would be pretty good. Hope they get the passenger pathing and them often refusing to enter the train fixed before though

• Like Like x 1
  4. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

PIS is not a "big reveal" in my opinion. Idk what could be big besides an editor.

• Like Like x 7
  5. pdxmark77

pdxmark77 Active Member

Matt is getting promoted to CEO?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

I think PIS would go a long way towards making the stations and trains feel more alive. Also, considering how complicated a system all of that is to develop DTG may feel it is worthy of a big reveal.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It could be a collection of several features.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Course carriage

Course carriage Member

That will be something with the XBox. Anyone who heard Matt in the last stream, as he raved about the Xbox, could think that there was only the XBox.

As long as there is not some kind of editor, and if it is just something like the TS QuickDrive train builder, the TSW is the most boring thing in the world.

• Like Like x 4
  9. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

extentions to GWE, RT, HH and NEC

• Like Like x 2
  10. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Heavy Haul is probably ignored beyond bugfixes as it won't be available for Xbox so they probably wouldn't extend it.

• Like Like x 3
  11. DANNYBOY2487

they better cause it's not the whole route

12. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

If the game is well coded it should be a fairly simple thing to implement. The game knows that a given service X is starting at A, stopping at B, C, D and terminating at E, all at known times and in a known order. The game also knows which block X is in at any given moment. The game also knows if you're at particular station.

So you just need an audio asset which when placed is linked to a block/platform location and a script that says: if train in block = yes, lookup train ID, ID = X, then have it play the relevant audio files (the train arriving at platform) platform location (is the) service departure time (service to) E (Calling at) C, D (and) E. You can also have it output to text on the CIS in the same manner.

If the game is well coded then most programmers would be capable of implementing that. I'll be disappointed if that is the big reveal.

13. 85Leaf

85Leaf Active Member

Hall or King steam traction for GWE-- you can see the cloud of steam behind the TSW lettering :)

14. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

The screenshots are just old screenshots of the routes. I still think it will be all DLC available for xbox is the announcement..

15. DANNYBOY2487

Heavy haul is not coming to xbox as DTG have said so many times

16. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

The other dlc. Background images is NEC, RT and Somerset

17. LanaChapada

LanaChapada Member

I hope it’s feature related like the PIS and some other stuff

• Like Like x 1
  18. DANNYBOY2487

Todays background is GWE

• Like Like x 1
  19. Geezer

Geezer New Member

Something other than going up and down Sand Hill or switching garbage in NY.

20. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Multiplayer maybe.....hoping.....something that will burst some fun into the game again.

21. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Why would they include this on the PC part of the forum if all it is was Xbox news? I’m sure it’ll be something a lot more beneficial for all of us.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Its not just for the xbox thats obvious, its a change to the games structure......which will have an effect on all platforms and all DLC.....so i wouldnt be suprised if its showing off the changes to electric-diesel physics and either editor or multiplayer.

23. Growler374

Growler374 New Member

I'm afraid they might do just that. They did such a thing before the Founder's Edition release, making a big thing of it everywhere including the TS2018 sites. Suffice to say, many TS2018 players didn't share DTG's great excitement when the big announcement finally arrived. Very much hoping it's not another repeat - but something indeed worthy of the mega hype.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

TS18 free weekend is also in the xbox forums. That game is not for xbox and still is on that forum.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Knowing dovetail history from 2008 I'm pretty sure we will get disappointed, 99%... Let's hope I'm wrong :(

• Like Like x 3
  26. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

my money is its simply currently dlc for xbox, and where getting hyped over nothing :D
    Hope I am wrong.

27. hightower

hightower Guest

28. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

So big news is we re packaged everything you already own great. Welcome to the TS201X updates nothing new just re packaged .
    Still holding out hope there is more than just that announced on the stream … please.....

• Like Like x 1
  29. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Lol THAT is the " big reveal"???? That we can now buy all routes we already own as a package? Wow, how disappointing.

• Like Like x 13
  30. hightower

hightower Guest

It’s another nail in the coffin as far as I’m concerned. This just tells me this is a dumbed down console game and not a replacement for train simulator.

Who in their right mind thought something like this a) warranted deliberate hype and b) wasn’t going to be seen by the people who’ve already paid a lot of money for a lot of their products as a complete kick in the conkers?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  31. Course carriage

Course carriage Member

I have wished for so long !! :cool:

32. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

ahahahahahh as said... good job dovetail, once again.

33. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Its something like this.. And they added PS4 to it.. Back to TS18

• Like Like x 1
  34. metr0p0litain

metr0p0litain Active Member

[​IMG]

3 days waiting for THIS? Are you kidding?

• Like Like x 15
  35. SimulationNetwork

SimulationNetwork New Member

Really disappointing, clearly DTG cares more about their profit and not it's players... "sigh"

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  36. DaveTrain99

DaveTrain99 Well-Known Member

DTG to all of the PC players right now
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 22
  37. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

The next release is on Nintendo Switch :mad:

• Like Like x 2
  38. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Note WSR is not mentioned , so keep that in mind when they say " tune in next month for our next big announcement"...

• Like Like x 2
  39. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Id be down for that, at least that way when PZB bugs in RT happen I can in fact just throw the stupid thing out the window after wasting over and hr for a green aspect to cause an emergency stop. :D

• Like Like x 1
  40. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

• Like Like x 7
  41. Growler374

Growler374 New Member

Wish I could say hadn't seen this coming - but history repeats itself again & again!

Call me cynical but looks like they've decided Xbox1 & PS4 is where the money's at. TSW isn't the next generation of PC train simming. The reality is that it's focused at the console market, & if truth be told probably was all along. But DTG have also decided they want their cake & eat it, by creating a single version of TSW for everything. Can you really see them doing a master high detailed version of all new DLC & assets for the PC, & then creating another stripped down more basic version for the consoles. Or packing the PC version full of advanced features that aren't available on Xbox/Nintendo. No, neither can I. It feels like for the last 3 years, we've been strung along with a false vision. And for the last year or so have with our PC purchases been funding the TSW console project. I'm sure I'm not alone, in feeling like I've been mugged.

• Like Like x 8
  42. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

While I really appreciate the little snippets that Matt P gives DTG's customers on his Twitch stream, the main reason for all of the frustrated comments is the continued lack of interaction between DTG and its customer base. In terms of a commercial strategy it's a potentially fatal mistake and it's a worry that DTG hasn't learned that lesson from the failure of flight sim platform in the fairly recent past. Many flight sim friends told me that sales of FSW were poor because of DTG being over protective of their game in a market where open interaction with developers and players is the norm.

The Railworks/Train Simulator platform is alive and well due mostly thanks to a huge online community, third party developers and freeware available. The quality of some of the recent releases, including those from DTG, have been amazing when considering the limitations of the 32 bit software. New content has a customer base ready and waiting and new people are joining all the time despite the bugs. Like many others I see a new route or new loco on Steam and my inclination is to buy it to add to my virtual train set. No sales patter required, if I don't like the livery, someone will patch it, if I want it to sound more realistic, there will be a product out there eventually. So it's a low-risk purchase.

But with TSW there's nothing to entice the TS fan base across at present. No teasers as to what we can look forward to if we buy into the franchise, just a short route with a bit of stock that's not really operationally up to the standard of the more recent TS releases and then in a few months another new short route. Meanwhile the missing small details that turn train simmers off playing TSW GWR remain unresolved leaving most of us wondering why we bought it in the first place. It all feels very sterile and uninspiring because it's just a game at the moment and not a hobby..

I'm sure many would like to know;
    * What is the overall strategy for content? Long routes in small sections? Longer routes in one package? Regional Packs? Random small routes? Full UK network by 2030? DLC based only on current operations (including current preserved lines) or historical ones? Steam Locos?
    * When should we expect Developer Tools and what will they entail?
    * Will there be additional content for existing TSW routes? New scenarios, route extensions, additional rolling stock?
    * Are there plans to complete the rolling stock already released? (eg poor horn sounds, lack of AWS on HST, missing clag on the 47. etc?)
    * Will there be annual versions of TSW allowing existing owners to update the front end of the program?
    * What will the long-term reward be for customers who buy-in the franchise?
    Come on, excite us, stop us from dithering over the "Pay now" button and get the community on board!

• Like Like x 14
  43. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Hello there ladies and gents!
    I feel I must express my opinion on this matter.
    I find it quite unfair and counterproductive of DTG not to clarify that this 'announcement' is only for console players. By awakening expectation in the PC players and then, from our perspective, brutally denying it, DTG, whether voluntarily or not, seriously disappointed a major bit of the community.

Dear DTG,
    I've always been honest and loyal to you, and I'm telling you all this only for your own good: Disappointing major sections of the community will lead to general unhappiness and people eventually quitting TSW and you in turn losing money. Please, in the future, make clear what section of the community your announcement refers to and do not "over-hype" it.

Hopefully you all agree with me, that the execution of this announcement leaves lots to be desired

Cheers,
    ProfCreeptonius

• Like Like x 9
  44. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Looks like DTG do now focus more on the console market, and i guess with this "big disappointment" and marketing failure today many PC users will leave. With all this we are going more from Train Sim World to Train Arcade World and i guess the editor or creation tools are now died too.

I dont believe DTG anymore and i think we will never see the editor for the PC or multiplayer.

I am glad i allready refunded the WSR DLC and i think after this punch in the face from DTG its my last one i will buy.

Good luck with that attitude finding new customers or keeping the few you have left.

This is my big reveal for you DTG:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 11
  45. SimonM719

SimonM719 Member

Yes it's a strange thing for a company to do, alienate your main customer base?

• Like Like x 1
  46. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Here is the problem , the chances are high they will take this and do the exact opposite and communicated even less.

The thing here is it can all seem like a bit of a whaa nothing new for PC master race and at its core that's not what the backlash is about.
    The community here has been raising bugs and general gameplay issues for a long time now, we have been waiting for systems like the PIS, more rolling stock , signaling corrections, weather and general skybox improvements, an editor , Multiplayer ect ect for some time now , and when you claim some " BIG" announcement it stands to reason peoples expectations may be that we are getting some news on some of these items.

Don't get me wrong I am fine with Console releases and I am only taking the time to vent on here is because I am passionate about this game, all I ask is please DTG stop been so cagey with everything and start offering a view of what their plans are, most people if communicated with openly can accept that plans change. DTG seems to have firmly taken the if we don't commit to anything we cant disappoint anyone … not sure that's working to well for them.

My Hat goes off to Matt who does more to keep the community informed than anyone else it seems, so maybe instead of gagging him DTG you can allow him to elaborate some more on plans in the future .

• Like Like x 9
  47. 85Leaf

85Leaf Active Member

I have zero problem with the console or releases for console and if that means more money for R&D then party on. The sim itself should be fine (once fixed *cough* sound/clag/editors!!! et al *cough*) as it shouldn't make much difference whether you play it using a M/K or hand controller, and the consoles are catching up with RAM/GfX etc., so I don't see TSW as being 'dumbed down'.

My concern is with the hype machine that was rolled out and dusted off again and the fact that I, amongst many I'd suggest, fell for it again :) . Producing TSW for PS4 is news, but could have easily been posted on DTGs web page, sent out in an email, advertised in the PS store etc. This is kinda like the boy who cried wolf. Not exactly cool DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  48. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

I know Im bumping sorry but Happy 3.5 Year Anniversary for Dovetail crushing PC players hopes and dreams about an Editor.

49. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Just PC players...

The editor would benefit everyone through the routes made in it.
    Also, happy '3.5 year anniversary' to TSW, thinks seem to be on the up, long may it continue.

Oh- and be honest, would you really use the editor personally?

(Also, is 2018 a necrobump record?)

• Like Like x 1
  50. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Yes, I would use the editor personally. I only kept Train Simulator for the Editor, otherwise I would have switched full time to TSW. The editor would convince many TS players to switch other, thus more money for Dovetail/Rivet/Skyhook/TSG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.