Generic Audio Files

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sunscreen, May 29, 2018.

1. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Hi all.
    I appreciate the difficulties of announcements in stations etc, but would it be possible to add generic sound files such as sounds in cities- street noise, conversation murmur, cars honking, jets flying over etc? All commonly heard in Reading and anything east as you head into London so perhaps GWE a good place to start? No copyright needed as they would be generic sounds.This would increase significantly the sense of being in a living world, and hence immersion.
    Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

There are sounds like that in TSW.

3. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

I would suggest then that they are not very effective.

4. Anthony Pecoraro

You can make them louder.

5. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It would be nice if we can implement our own sounds into the game, as I have various sound files.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

As the sounds are now, they are bland and ineffective. You can make them louder, but I did not say they were too quiet, I said they were ineffective. If you are happy with them why do you feel the need to question someone who is not in such a manner? You could show some genuine interest, seek to establish the cause of the issue, and together we could move forward. I take your point that indeed I can make them louder, but at the same time other sounds that are correct would become excessive. In short, your advice is unwelcome, unhelpful and irrelevant.

7. Anthony Pecoraro

They sound good to me. I mostly play the Northeast Corridor route.

8. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Ahh, my apologies- miss comunication. I mostly play GWE which is a bit sterile at the moment. I should have checked. Sorry :(

• Like Like x 1
  9. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

The environment sounds at various WSR stations are quite good. Small birds chirping, crows cawing, seagulls making nuisance sounds. The occasional beep of a car horn in the distance.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Yes I have that route and I have to say its a great piece of work and very very nicely done. I hope no-one thinks Im being overly critical about GWE- Im playing it as I speak (had to pause it though as found myself sat in a station, doors open, typing on my phone..). I commute up to london 3 or 4 times a month, not by train but Im nevertheless struck by how much ambient noise there is in the london area- heathrow traffic, commuter chatter etc etc.

11. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I agree on the GWE route about the lack of sounds and even sounds that we can hear, they are far too quiet. I’m hoping with the release of an editor, we can import our own sounds saving the devs time.

• Like Like x 1