Cathcart Stopping Points & 314 Doo Question

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bescot, Jun 14, 2021.

1. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Is it me, or do many of the 3 car stopping points in the HUD not match the position of the 3 car stop boards (or DOO mirrors*), also I'm finding the distance to stop in the HUD jumps from -3yds to +3yds.

*Were the PEPs DOO on this route, or did they have a Guard? With the in game timetable I can't see how you'd keep to time with the driver having to keep getting out to attend to the doors on all those right sided platforms.

Loving the route and 314 though, it's the best release yet. My only major gripe is with the colour of the track ballast and some signalling faults - but I see there's a fantastic mod for the ballast already - at least for PC users.

• Like Like x 3
  2. dmac#7213

dmac#7213 New Member

Yep the 314s ran DOO and drivers did indeed have to get out at those right side platforms. I've also been struggling to keep to time in the game.

• Like Like x 2
  3. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Cheers, I thought so - with these tight timings it must have kept them fit running back and forth.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

You don't need to use the panel. The doors can be fully operated from the cab.

5. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

I know, but I like to do these things prototypically - ie. release doors from the desk, and observe and close them from the offside door.

• Like Like x 5
  6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

My question is whether is really takes NINE seconds from pushing the button to the interlock releasing on the real thing... With a 30 second stop time, and at least nine of those spent with the doors closing (if you're to leave on time) that doesn't leave much time for loading and unloading of people

Haven't checked how long the doors take to actually open from triggering their open sequence

• Like Like x 3
  7. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

The doors do feel like they close too slowly, but I think that applies to pretty much every release so far. The doors on the 1972 Stock for the Bakerloo line feel particularly sluggish…

Must be a health and safety thing :D

8. ARuscoe

It does feel like some of the stops (particularly at the beginning of a run when the times seem a lot tighter) are rushed because to keep to time you're opening the doors, almost "shooing" people on and then closing the doors on them
    Yes I realise this is what happens on the Northern Line most mornings (pre-COVID) but early evening Glasgow I thought would be more relaxed

• Like Like x 1
  9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Where are the door close controls? I can only find the Open buttons.

10. Anthony Pecoraro

Top left wall of the cab. Near the TPWS override button.

11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Got it.

But how does one activate the panels by the doors? They seem to be dead as a doornail.

12. Anthony Pecoraro

Put the key into the panel on the back wall. I take it that you haven't watched any of the streams...?

• Like Like x 1
  13. coldo121

coldo121 Member

A trick I've found to keep to time when doing things as they would be done in the real world is to hit the door close button when the yellow circle thing at the top left of the screen is just over 3 quarters of the way around and they usually shut just as the circle finishes and the "lock doors" message appears.

14. joseph.gov.uk

joseph.gov.uk Member

In regards to the stopping points... half the time the game gets you to stop at the normal black 3 car stop sign and other times it gets you to stop at the blue 380 sign, which seems to be specific to the class 380. (Excuse the overshoot... the train has terrible breaks) CCC stop1.png CCC stop 2.png

• Like Like x 1
  15. ARuscoe

The 395 closes it's doors in 6-7 seconds, but the 314 takes a whole 9-10 seconds... And the station stops are shorter...

16. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

So having a look at this video, it appears the doors took 7-8 seconds to close, not 9, after about 10-15 seconds boarding time, but note it takes 16 seconds between the door alarm starting and the train moving. Presumably this is the driver checking the doors are closed, checking the interlock, and then going back to the cab.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  17. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Pretty much spot on in the game based on the stops in this video. The only difference being in the game you have to give the players longer to board and you can get going a bit sooner after the doors have shut, which basically cancel each other out, timing wise. The door closing time is about a second longer in game, which is well within human tolerances, and that’s assuming the door closing sounds in the video occur immediately on pressing the door closing button in real life.

• Like Like x 3