Immersion Control Scheme Improvements

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mikey_9835, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

I know for Rush Hour DTG have said that we would be getting improvements to the immersion control scheme, however have not yet gone into detail about what they've actually done.

My biggest gripe with the Immersion control scheme is that you can no longer go into free cam without switching back to the classic control scheme or using a keyboard. Thus seems like an oversight as it seems easy to implement.

The Triangle button on PlayStation for example does not have a function when in the external cam, so why not have a feature where you press triangle in external cam to switch to free cam and vice versa? You could also use triangle to activate the low tone horn on console as well.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Is triangle on PS the same as X on the Xbox controller ? If so then X/Triangle is used to change between different brakes on some locos

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

I miss the free cam also :(

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

I think you should be able to hold down the left stick when already in the outside camera to change it to free mode

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  5. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

That switches from front to end of the train in external view, does it not?

6. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Switching brakes on PS is square.

7. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Does indeed

8. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

Then I mean the left stick

9. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Good suggestion by the OP.

I'd like all of the elements of the HUD to all be switch on/off in the settings, so you can get rid of the AP bit (always), and then switch off the bottom right HUD for "going HUDless" and use the train's desk, but keep the clock, the distance to next objective and scheduled arrival time in the top left.

Triangle = "Y" (and the triangle is unused on PS4)

-------------------------------------
    EDITED TO ADD: Triangle = "Y" (and the triangle is unused on PS4....... when in the immersion control setting in TSW 2, when in camera mode, as indicated by the OP, but it is used on other occasions where it is not relevant to the OP's suggestion, for mounting/dismounting chairs and other objects such as turntable control platforms, but it is worth pointing this out anyway, even though this is not relevant, to retain absolute clarity for the two minutes that it might take to read the posts in this thread, just in case a reader's train of thought is lost in those two minutes)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Coastway trainspotter

Y is used to sit down and stand up

• Like Like x 1
  11. synthetic.angel

Yes, you are right. For chairs. When not in camera mode. But the context (which matters) is set at the start of this thread, where the OP said:

"The Triangle button on PlayStation for example does not have a function when in the external cam"

I should, perhaps, have repeated that for absolute clarity.

The Y/triangle button has no binding when using the external camera... when under the "immersion control" settings - and in that context it is "unused" and could be made available to use to trigger a free camera mode.

When you are not in camera mode, the Y/triangle button isn't actually just a sit down and stand up function - to be absolutely pedantic, it is actually a "mount/dismount" function, and is also used to "mount" things like turntable controls (without sitting down or standing up from a seating position).

12. Coastway trainspotter

Ah , ok . I understand your point now . I think I remember in the TSW2020 controls when you went into free cam you had to press Y to get it to move

13. synthetic.angel

In TSW (2020), the Y/triangle button has a function when in camera mode which switches you (your other controls) between letting you move the camera about and letting you can control the train (with either activity taking place whilst looking at the train from the external camera). I actually quite liked that feature.

14. Coastway trainspotter

I know that it had a function in free cam . That’s what I said