Current Steam Tsw Sale

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jamesonmin, Jun 16, 2021.

1. jamesonmin

jamesonmin Well-Known Member

What the heck is this? Its just all the old TSW 2020 base game bundle routes from 2019 and 2020 with Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr. The only reason its not called "Buy all of the old crappy DLC routes sale" is because of HRR. Why is it on sale? I have no idea. I also have no idea how to continue this thread.

2. Ben_Broomfield

Ben_Broomfield Well-Known Member

I have no idea….

;)

3. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

I do not own all the DLC that has a discount currently, but I will recommend buying HRR and MSB at its current price.

I would skip Rapid Transit and Great Western Express because those are really old routes that still have some quite annoying issues and it is not clear to me if it will be possible to fix them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Great Western is actually a steal even at regular price when you think about it. What route releasing now is coming with three entirely new trains?

• Like Like x 2
  5. BladesAndRazors

BladesAndRazors Member

GWE is great, don't know what your issues are.
    RT got an update recently.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Just be grateful that you even get a sale

• Like Like x 7
  7. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

For example, it is an excellent window for people like me who have recently switched from console to pc and would like (calmly) to recollect every single DLCs even on pc without taking out a mortgage in the bank.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Just wait a bit longer. Steam summer sale is very near.

9. PeteW

PeteW Active Member

Sometimes I feel sorry for DTG (there are some valid (IMO) criticisms where I don't).
    They put the game and some routes on sale at upto 65% off and they get grief. I can only imagine the comments if they decide the DLCs are too cheap and increase the prices!

• Like Like x 7
  10. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

IMO Both Rapid Transit* and Great Western are pretty good, despite being some of the oldest ones in the game. Yes, they have their issues, but are far from unenjoyable

*RT only if you also get the 182, which is kinda needed for the route to be truely worth it.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

Rapid Transit, is well worth it!

The preserved collection update transformed this DLC!

• Like Like x 2
  12. HeyYoPaulie!

HeyYoPaulie! Well-Known Member

As someone who recently purchased RT, could you elaborate on what the 182 brings to the party on RT please? Heard mixed reviews about the 182.

Thanks!

13. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I've got all of the items on sale already in my library and at least three (MSB, HRR, RT) of those routes (my personal taste) are a no-brainer to get for that price if not already aquired. I know it hurts that the one route you might wait for is currently not on sale but others said already, the steam summer sale is coming soon.

https://www.whenisthenextsteamsale.com/

14. Clumsy Pacer

On the 2017 timetable I believe it doubles the amount of services, on the 2021 timetable it adds most of the S2 services which run almost the full length of the route, plus it adds a splash of red. I personally quite like it.
    In a hotfix to the RT update, they added 12 S2 services to the talent 2 (taking 12 off the 182), but the S2 line runs approximately twice an hour.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

In GWE there are services where you get stopped at a red light with no trains coming and you just cant finish them. The 166 acts more like a half HST than a 166. It has gone worse with the change from TSW to TSW2 IMHO. Not that GWE is unplayable, but you can probably find other routes to buy instead.

RT is much better in general with the latest preservation crew patch but the 442 is unplayable in low adhesion weather conditions (ie Winter) because the train wheel slips all the time. There are also some problems with PZB at the southern end of the line. This route has recently received attention from the Preservation Crew, so I think it will not receive more attention for a good while. Also, the fact that the wheel sleep problem has not been fixed in this pass makes me think it is a compatibility problem between the old TSW1 system and the new TSW2 system, so probably it is not ever going to be fixed.

Again, not that it makes the route totally unusable but I find myself using other routes instead of this one for these reasons, so I recommend buying other routes instead.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  16. HeyYoPaulie!

HeyYoPaulie! Well-Known Member

Thank you :)

17. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I have no idea why you started this thread!

• Like Like x 6
  18. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

GWE is a perfectly fine route- myself, I think the rendering of Paddington alone is worth the price of admission. If it has a drawback, it's one that is shared by other high-speed lines (LGV, SKA, HMA): pretty much one straight-line Point A to Point B shot, so not a lot of variation in services. Having said that, it is an outstanding learning route for newbies, since it doesn't present many challenges and the 166 commuter timetable is easy to keep up with.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

I think on GWE you dont see the age of the route as much as on Rapid Transit. GWE looks still pretty good despite being older, on RT the track Rendering (even after the improvement) is not so great, everything is very bright and a bit cartoony looking (especially the bright green grass). And the sound of the 1442 is completey silent when the train is coasting, while the sounds on the hst and 166 are pretty good imo.
    If you dont want to have both routes and like DMUs and a still good looking Environment, GWE is better.
    If you're more Into (German) EMUs and a cool tunnel section, RT is better. But it comes with only one loco, while GWE has three for a variety of local, HighSpeed and Freight services. RT is just an s Bahn Route.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

At less than $35, the GWE plus Diesel Legends pack gives you a lot of gameplay. Loco hauled trains and DMU's including the Class101, plus the well modeled route itself. A bargain, I think.

• Like Like x 4
  21. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

Agree with the other guys. GWE is one of the best routes for TSW and a blast to drive trough and also it still looks fantastic for its age. Also you have a total of 300+ services, and on many of them including HST you will get adverse signals so they are not all simple runs from A to B. And don't forget that you get the legendary HST!. Talking about the HST there is a large amount of skins available on TSC to enhance it even more, one of the best being the FGW since a lot of AI trains also pick the same skin. The sounds are pretty good but you can also get the enhanced MTU / Valenta sounds from TSC and than you are golden. Blasting full notch with HST 125 with Valenta sounds really makes your heart grow.
    I have also updated this short video showcasing what the HST125 with Valenta sound can do.

sound mod link:
    https://mods.trainsimcommunity.com/mods/c3-train-sim-world-2/c20-sounds/i766-hst-sound-mod-v2

• Like Like x 3
  22. Clumsy Pacer

I mean, it did alert me to the sale tbh.
    They've not been doing much a good job of promoting sales recently on social media at least. There was one last week on the DTG store they only promoted at 2am on the day it was supposed to end.

Used the opportunity to buy the Steam version of the 142 (mainly for completeness, I wasn't that bothered about it really)

23. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well it served a useful purpose then, but I don't get the feeling that was the intention, reading the slightly ranting and rude opening post about a company having the temerity to put some of its products on sale at quite generous discounts! I mean, how dare they!

• Like Like x 2
  24. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Just wishlist things and let Steam send you an e-mail when something is on sale.

Also plenty of DTGs emails that remind me things are on sale, as well as facebook posts.

25. volvolover1972

The Steam summer sale begins next Tuesday. Expect fairly large sales for most of TSW 2 content

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  26. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Okay, riddle me this, Batman. East Coastway on Steam is still full price, 30 USD. But TSW2 Deluxe Edition (base bundle PLUS East Coastway) is only 20 USD. What the flying ferrets? So you can get 33% off ECW just by buying redundant stuff?

• Like Like x 2
  27. volvolover1972

That happens all the time in TS classic. I’m pretty sure I’ve bought TS base game like 5 times just because it’s cheaper than buying each route in the bundle individually every year.

• Like Like x 1
  28. anorak

anorak Member

I agree with some of the replies about the strange pricing of the bulk packages.
    I've only just bought TSW 2 deluxe in the Steam sale and I wanted to try a few more routes than the supplied 3+1.

After asking for confirmation on here that if I bought the TSW2020 deluxe on sale at £13.99 I would get the £75 worth (at saleprices) of included routes, I went ahead and bought it. I won't bother to even install the TSW2020, but as the responses on here had told me, when I logged into Steam, my TSW 2 automatically downloaded those 6 routes, so I now have 10.

I haven't had time to use it much so far, so I don't have any experienced views on the quality of those older routes, but they seem fine to me, so much more realistic graphically than my old TS2020. :)

29. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I lost control and after the good fun I had recently with CCL I stacked up on UK stuff (IOW, SEHS+ Class 465, Diesel Legends).
    I'm complete now. Oh my god.

• Like Like x 1