Cathcart Circle Line Review

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ZeenozPlays, Jun 18, 2021.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

• My review of the Cathcart Circle Line route. Recently, it seemed like the quality of routes by DTG had decreased, and that the game was moving in the wrong direction, but with this route, it seems like DTG has gotten back on track, and that TSW is moving in the right direction again, in terms of the quality of the routes.

• Like Like x 7
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That's an interesting statement. While there have been a lot of complaints about Hamburg-Lubeck, Clinchfield is one of the best routes DTG have ever done. Obviously we can't blame them for Arosa.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

The scenery is well done, and I like the locos too, but there are still very annoying issues with CRR:
    - It's too dark for night time shunting operations.
    - All headlights don't shine in the right direction, if they shine at all.
    - Overhead lights shine through the roof, and tree branches sweep through the cab.
    - The complete timing along the route is wrong, which leads to
    - one service cannot be completed because it's blocked by another train.
    - Reportedly there are other services that also cannot be completed, which also affects journey chapters in the same way.

These are just those issues I can recall immediately, but there are more.
    Really, when this is one of the best routes, let's forget about TSW.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Nothing more nothing less. A very good review of a very good DLC \o/

• Like Like x 2
  5. ZeenozPlays

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Good review zeenos, exactly what I think of gcc

• Like Like x 2
  7. stephen220378

stephen220378 Active Member

Note to DTG though in the summer it's not dark at 9pm in the central belt which the route depicts. It doesn't even start to get dark here until 10:30pm to 11pm. It's 9:45pm here right now and the sun is shining bright so maybe that can get a fix.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

everything is tastes, clinchfield is a great route, Arosa is a Swiss route, TSW, it is international, now they give us a short British route and you say they are going in the right direction? I think they are all good, if you don't like them, don't buy them, but you can't want me to like them the same as you. what you don't like doesn't have to be the wrong address. humility friend and respect for other tastes. the game is not for you. It's for us.

9. ZeenozPlays

What are you talking about? The route is Scottish, and what I mean by going in the right direction, is the actual quality of the content, not the country it is based in.

Everyone has their own opinions on routes, and of course, a review is someone's opinion on something.

I didn't buy Clinchfield. Why? Because I'm not too much of a big fan of freight. However, I did buy Arosa, and the abundance of bugs/glitches, and the horrible scenery of the route, left a bad taste in my mouth.

I bought HBL, and while I liked the route, I felt like more could've been done with it in terms of rolling stock, instead of them just reusing the Doppelstockwagen, and the 112 having some inaccuracies.

All routes have their own issues, and what I mean by "Going in the right direction", is that the actual quality of this is a bit higher than what we've seen recently. In terms of sounds, detail, and other aspects, this route is subjectively better than some of the most recently released ones.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  10. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

A bit overdramatic

• Like Like x 2