Train Sim World: Coming Soon To Ps4, Xbox One And Pc!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Martin, Jun 1, 2018.

1. TrainSim-Martin

TrainSim-Martin Well-Known Member

Greetings Railfans,

We're very happy to announce the dawn of a new Train Sim World! From the 24th of July the Great Western Express, Rapid Transit and NEC: New York experiences will be brought together on PC and released for the first time on PS4 and Xbox One!

A Digital Deluxe Edition will also include the GP40-2!

For the latest information about this exciting launch check out our landing page here... And don't forget tonight's stream where we'll be talk about the future of TSW - watch on Mixer and Twitch!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Kestrel33

Kestrel33 Active Member

What future? This has become a console port. Say goodbye to a lot of PC players.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
  3. hightower

hightower Guest

Is this the ‘big announcement’, or is there more to come at 6pm?

4. DictatorDono

DictatorDono Member

I certainly hope Rapid Transit won't be released as the buggy mess it is on PC at the moment, and any fixes come to PC too.

5. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Well if that's the "Big Reveal" then there's going to be a lot of unhappy bunnies including me. :( It sounds as though we may, at long last, get some sort of (no doubt partial) roadmap tonight but frankly I'm losing patience with the lack of even a scenario editor never mind all the other missing functionality such as PIS and a route editor for third party developers.

• Like Like x 9
  6. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I assume this is not the big reveal? Doesn't count for me.

7. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

We will find out shortly but if thats the BIG HYPE then ill be gutted, nothing for pc players........

8. hightower

hightower Guest

There is nothing.

More so, from Matt P on twitch right now...in the future all content will be released across all 3 platforms which is so predictable.

Despite him saying otherwise, we all know that means short routes and dumbed down content to work on consoles. This probably won’t go down well, but this performance by TSW’s Senior Producer on twitch is poor. He’s basically completely ignoring the massive elephant in the room, and the barrage of questions from some pretty hacked off people. The tough questions he is answering are simply met with ‘I don’t know’.

I never thought I’d say this but there’s a fair chance that having bought them all so far, I may have purchased my last TSW DLC, at least for the foreseeable future.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
  9. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

DTG can't be expected to know the answers to everything and Matt does not get to choose which questions he answers and those he does not, DTG tells him what he is allowed to say.

• Like Like x 5
  10. hightower

hightower Guest

Unless they’ve had their head in the sand all day, they must have seen the overwhelmingly negative reaction to this ‘big reveal’. Would it have killed them to have a prepared something to say rather than ‘what hype? It’s all in your head’

• Like Like x 7
  11. Kalikowsky

Kalikowsky New Member

Pathetic. I don't have any faith now.

TSW just become another commercial dlc pack. Congratulations DTG :)

• Like Like x 3
  12. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

Nothing worse than setting a high expectation only to release a low result. If the goal was to make people unhappy, mission accomplished.

I'm done buying TSW DLC. When DTG releases a scenario editor, I may reconsider. I know, who cares. I'm just one user. Well, I own hundreds of dollars worth of DLC for Train Simulator 20xx and was about to buy some more (not now), but I would have bought 3x more over the years if it wasn't for DTG's poor business practices. I see a company that treats their loyal customers with no respect. It's not a matter of not having the resources to do it right. They have a choice where they go, and DTG continues to choose poorly. They continue to seek new first time buyers at the expense of losing their older loyal customers. Insane for a company that survives by having the largest DLC library on the planet (for TS20xx, and I assume they want to do that for TSW eventually).

Time to divert my time back to DCS. Eagle Dynamics understands what it means to not XXX off their users, and I own almost every single DLC they have created because of that - even though I will probably never fly half of them short of just loading the first training mission. The real reason why FSW failed is people noticed this disrespectful attitude by DTG toward their customers. I've never seen a gaming company work so hard to shoot themselves in the foot. Others try, but they have the money to shoot themselves in the foot and still sell a lot of product. DTG doesn't have that kind of business.

I've held my tongue on this for months (for TSW) and years (for TS20xx) because I wanted to support TSW and see it succeed. Negativity is like a disease and it's easy to just spout off anger. My statements, though, are a culmination of years worth of disappointment with DTG and I've finally just had enough.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 14
  13. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Charles McMicking and William Bainbridge are the two listed as directors in the last company reports I could find (2016) if anyone wanted to begin to try and find a more appropriate pressure point to try and influence company practices. I guess it might be a start to try and find out who is actually pushing the strategic direction..

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  14. Stivy

Stivy New Member

So to buy all the content that pc users need to match the ps4 version it would cost £60 ok that's including csx Heavy haul which we currently have to buy to get any of the content but take away the cost of csx hh this would bring the price down to £47.47 (all prices are current steam prices with discounts) this hardly seems fair that the PS4 version pre order which doesn't include the CSX HH will be £39.99 is there something im missing here or are pc users really going to be getting a bad deal bare in mind some people may have payed full price on steam which would make it even more unfair

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. chelmo

chelmo New Member

As I pointed out on the Avsim forum on the day the demise of FSW was announced a great deal of financial info (including the very interesting 2017 accounts) is freely available on the Companies House Webcheck site. That will give much background (see note 9 of the accounts) as to why FSW was canned. It is also interesting to see that the info shows that part of the company (Railsimulator.com Ltd) was sold off to venture capitalists a couple of years back; as the company already had a charge with its bank this was clearly the only way it could raise additional working capital.

I think this explains a good deal in relation to what is happening now.

• Helpful Helpful x 6
  16. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

So if it is actually controlled by an outside company (Venture Capitalists), they likely are just treating it as a regular game and probably have no idea whatsoever how the Train Simulator community has completely different expectations from the norm. That does explain a lot and it quite disappointing. If it continues as is, it will never be a good simulator, just a mediocre game.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Clive Smith

Clive Smith New Member

With no reply from DTG tells me they no longer care what we think. It is all down to game machines now, very, very dissapointing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

DTG can't get enough players in the PC market so they are venturing into the console arena hoping for more players. They need to change their business model and fix all the bugs in the previous release instead of cranking out new content. They missed a wonderful opportunity to correct the way they treated content in TS. They simply carried on with their we will fix it later, make a few attempts then abandon all attempts. The law of diminishing return. They were hoping we would forget about those bugs with new flashy stuff. Not going to happen boys.

• Like Like x 8
  19. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

I didnt get the memo from DTG? you know the one that goes something like-
    'Thankyou to all of our devoted PC users who have purchased all of our content at around £125 per average user......this has enabled us to branch out to console and give them almost everything for £40, up yours'

Did anyone else see it or am I going crazy?

Dont run before you can walk, unless you actually have some amazing features or STRONG LEGNTHY routes available in future i wont be buying any DLC, you have priced it out the market. I am just very shocked that there is zero reward for your long serving customers who have invested in you, not even a discount or freebie for PC owners who have ALL of your TSW content, shocking.

• Like Like x 10
  20. ITRail

ITRail Member

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU

• Like Like x 5
  21. thegevo5k

thegevo5k Member

It's to the point now where all of the content coming out for PC is now being dumbed down to work with the consoles.

The future of train simulation is looking dark.

• Like Like x 4
  22. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Im still in two minds- WSR looked pretty good so it may not be the apocalypse just yet..

• Like Like x 2
  23. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

I still have routes in TS that I paid good money for that are still unplayable because of these bugs. Yeah, I'm not forgetting them anytime soon.

• Like Like x 4
  24. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

I'm starting to accept that TSW has failed. I really thought the 'big reveal' was going to be the 3rd Party Tools needed to breathe life into the game or at very least the Scenario Editor, but it wasn't and people are just losing interest. The player stats say it all:

TSvsTSW.jpg

TS2018 is blue, TSW is Green. Each subsequent new release peak is smaller than the last and the general trend in player numbers is downwards. WSR has 'Very Positive' reviews on Steam (vs 'Mixed' with NEC and RT) and yet with its release there was only a very small bump in player numbers. Unfortunately I think it's over.

• Like Like x 3
  25. Wilbnil

Wilbnil Well-Known Member

Nah I think they will keep the game going, but those charts didn't seem great

26. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

It's their own fault. Matt is literally the ONLY one who is the exception; he is up front and honest with the community. I blame him for NOTHING.

The real problem is how the upper management of DTG handle things. Paul Jackson needs to come forward and address all of this personally instead of hiding in the shadows. His leadership (of lack thereof) is a huge issue and he should address it.

• Like Like x 13
  27. Guerra

Guerra Member

as a pc player, i didin't understand what is the point for me. will i get free dlc or discount, what is the news?

28. NorthRail1

If you currently own Sand Patch Grade, Great Western Express, Rapid Transit & NEC: New York nothing will happen. The game name will change from Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul to Train Sim World.

If you don't own all of the above content, you will be able to buy GWE, RT, NEC & the GP40-2 at a reduced price in a bundle from July 24th. £39.99 without the GP40-2 and £44.99 with (Digital Deluxe Edition).

You will not get anything for free.

• Like Like x 2
  29. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

No pre-order for PC users or so it appears.

30. hightower

hightower Guest

Interesting reading this thread now, I’ve barely looked at the TSW forums in almost 2 months. I was pretty (alright, very) vocal about that ‘big reveal’ and what a total, misjudged farce it was and I can say hand on heart, I’ve not touched TSW since.

Already owning all the DLC, I bought WSR, played it for maybe half an hour, saw that yet again it was another lifeless and bugged DLC and have simply walked away from the whole thing. It wasn’t a conscious decision, I drifted away and haven’t gone back. Honestly, I find TSW boring.

I’ve since invested way more money into TS2018 which in my humble opinion is a FAR superior product. Right now, on my machine, it doesn’t even look that different. In many instances it looks better and it certainly sounds far superior.

Bits of TS are bugged or not executed correctly (which is completely unacceptable - and sadly DTG continue down the same path...the new Pendalino and the new Portsmouth Direct line...both poorly executed & bugged) but here’s the rub, learn how to use the world and scenario editors and in a lot of instances you can fix it (you shouldn’t have to but you can). You can make your own stuff. You can create. When you add that to the 3rd party content, most of which is in a different league to the stuff DTG releases there is simply no contest. In addition, a lot of that 3rd party stuff is free.

I might come back to TSW if there is a total 180 in the quality and ambition of the DLC. As it stands though, I fear that the whole thing is well and truly cooked. It looks increasingly like DTG have blown the opportunity to take the next step. I want a Train Sim, not a console game.

For the foreseeable future it’s TS2018 for me and I’m happy with that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  31. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

So at what time on the 24th of July 2018 can we expect the update from TSW CSX HH to just TSW on PC to occur?

32. goes2jack

goes2jack New Member

I still don't understand, any of it.

33. jf1963

jf1963 New Member

On that last note, I am still unclear what this release means for us PC users that have already dropped s buttload of bucks on this game. Is ours just updated or down dates whichever the case may be, or is it gonna cost more bucks, I'm not clear on this. Thanks, hope was an ok place to write this

34. NorthRail1

If you own Sand Patch Grade, Great Western Express, Rapid Transit, NEC: New York & CSX GP40-2, all that will happen is the game name will change to Train Sim World and the game artwork will change. It will be completely free.

If you don't own some of the above content, you will not have to pay. The game name and artwork will change as mentioned above and you will be able to buy the content you don't already have (excl. WSR) at a reduced price as part of a bundle.

• Like Like x 1
  35. jf1963

jf1963 New Member

36. jf1963

jf1963 New Member

37. jf1963

jf1963 New Member

Thank you!

38. Mephrite

Mephrite Active Member

"artwork change. It will be completely free."
    Amazing! :D You guys rocks! ;)

But seriously, any patch-notes? Or I downloaded 500Mb for changing artwork and name in Steam Library? ;)

• Like Like x 7
  39. Kalikowsky

Kalikowsky New Member

I expected huge patch .. And DTG disappointed me last time. Your “Huge Changes” “Great News” was 500mb of rebranded logo and some graphics with TSW. Congratulations.

40. Lombra

Lombra Well-Known Member

Why would you expect anything else? I think the announcement was pretty clear.

• Like Like x 2
  41. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

They did exactly what they said they would, as was stated multiple times by different DTG members. No need for another "Big announcement" drama :)

• Like Like x 2
  42. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I have now noticed something since they changed the name to Train Sim World. I was just checking my collectibles and all the CSX collectibles have been reset to zero. Was not expecting that.

43. Michael Newbury

So I just did a walk through a area with collectibles and they are collected so I guess it is a glitch.

44. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Yep, can confirm this glitch as well. A ton of my collectables appear as 0/25 on the profiles screen but when in game, every one of them is collected. Going over to a new profile and collecting anything results in this:
    530070_20180817234345_1.png
    So the profiles screen thinks I have 0 posters (wrong) but that there are 25 total (correct)
    And then the game thinks I have 1 poster (correct) but that there are -1 total (wrong)

This is a problem with all CSX collectables, the RT safety cones, NEC no trespassing signs, and NEC hazard cones. GWE and WSR are unchanged, and RSN is unaffected.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Michael Newbury

I have submitted a ticket for this glitch not sure what if anything can be done to correct it, but best to let them know about it.

46. Michael Newbury

So they have responded back this morning and said seperating the game like that should have not reset the progress like that. suggested running a integrity check and restart steam. So I have just done that and did not fix the issue.