Wrong Electrification Type

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by class2ldn2801, Jun 23, 2021.

1. class2ldn2801

class2ldn2801 Active Member

Hi guys, I've been editing some scenarios to use the 800/802 gwr units, I've selected the diesel units but I'm getting wrong electrification type errors when I start the scenarios and they just sit there and don't move.
    Any ideas why?
    I'm definitely selecting the diesel units.

2. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

It could be that the 800/802s are bugged, because that doesn't make any sense, diesel can run anywhere.

3. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

They are working fine for me (bar one issue of the headlights being on in the middle coupled fronts on a.i. consists, but I can live with that)

4. class2ldn2801

I'm also getting invalid start point , seems some of the stock is starting forward of where it should even though its a smaller consist, I went into editor and moved the consist back but its still showing the error?

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It happens if you modified a scenario.
    If the train you replaced is longer that the train you started with it can cause a problem
    Is it a problem with the instructions?

Put the diesel units in a Free Roam and try driving them

6. class2ldn2801

The unit is actually shorter.
    Just wondering why it moves the consist into a position that isnt relevant to where it was starting before?

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Have you tried the units as a Diesel in a Free Roam to check they work?
    There are different centre coaches - one for Electric and one for diesel - if an electric got in by mistake that would cause the problem

8. class2ldn2801

Have you got the correct consist formation for the different 800 units?
    I wonder if I'm putting them together incorrectly

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

All the Diesel versions have d after the name
    You said you were selecting the Diesel version - both are in the same foder

So what happened when you placed them on the track and drove them?
    If you cannot do that they won't work in the game

10. class2ldn2801

No so ive been swapping them in an outside editor, similar to ts tools but called loco swap. it lists the seperate diesel and electric coaches but i wanted to know what the correct formation is. Im putting them as dtso,mfo,mso1.mso2,mso3,mso4,tso1.tso2 and dtrbfo all of which are listed as diesel, this is for an 802/1 formation 9 car, i wouldn't have thought the formation would be an issue as the diesel variant has been selected for all coaches, could it be that they are starting with no fuel as some of the scenarios ive had to go into the editor to add it to the player train so wondering if that could be the issue?

11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So you have downloaded something but you don't know if it works.- Where did you get it?

In the version I downloaded there are only 5 different coaches
    DTRBFO-MCO-MSO1-MSO2-DTSO

Go in to the game and run a Free Roam scenario then place the train on the track - add a driver Icon and see if it moves

12. class2ldn2801

No the loco swap works as it should, the program isn't the issue, you cant swap whole consists you have to do each coach individually however you can do it for all formations in that scenario.
    The 800 from superalbs has been updated so there is now the different variants available to choose from

13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Does the Train Work - Have you driven it in the game?
    And don't try to tell me how swapping trains in the game works - been doing it for the last 7 years :mad:

14. class2ldn2801

Yeah it does work in game its just the ai services for some reason keep saying check electrification type

15. class2ldn2801

I was meaning for that particular program not in general.
    If you want to get mardy then move on and back chat someone else .
    I appreciate your help but don't start mouthing off and trying to assert your authority as I'm not one to listen to that crap.

16. class2ldn2801

Anyway I've been in and swapped the formations around and that hasn't helped, as I mentioned earlier on for some reason when I swap the consists their positioning moves, even with shorter formations the new one seems to be in the wrong place and I'm a bit confused as to why it does that, it seems to place them ahead of where they would normally start ie ahead of the signal instead of behind it.
    Not sure why its doing that. Even if I go in the editor and move them back manually im still getting the error.
    I've tried with the lner electric ones and they are fine as they are on electric routes but the diesel ones seem to be an issue for me, il try using ts tools and see if its a bug with the other program, I dont think it would be and not sure why it would move the consist.

17. class2ldn2801

18. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I can only think one of the vehicles is shown as electric

I have seen the loco swap but never needed to try it - Have you tried swapping the set in the scenario?

19. class2ldn2801

Not in the scenario editor I haven't, that loco swap is good as it has a rules you can add to so for each scenario you can just click on the rules you put in and it will swap the stock automatically.
    I wonder if its because the formation lengths are different, basically I've been swapping out all the hsts and using the 802/1 9 car variant. I believe most of the hsts are formed of 10 coaches not 9 so I wonder if its that?
    I might just try using 2 5 car units instead so they stay relatively similar in length.

20. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I swapped my 800's for HST's but as Peter suggested I did it within the scenario editor, I only use TS-Tools when I don't have a requirement thus not being able to change it with the in-game editor, like I said mine works fine and it is a.i.

21. class2ldn2801

Yeah its weird , im not sure what the issue is?
    When I add in the 800s a lot of the time I get ran out of fuel and only the 2 driving coaches at each end have fuel so have to add it to the other 7.
    Are your formations same length or different?
    In fact it seems to be just the 800 I get the errors with i think so maybe its a bug with that unit. I did try validating files etc and removing the ecmls and reinstalling but still getting issues

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  22. class2ldn2801

Il screenshot the loco swap so you can see the formations and then il start the scenario and show you the error messages I get.

23. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Not sure if I'll be any help as it's not an error I've ever had myself..

24. class2ldn2801

25. class2ldn2801

I think it is something to do with the start point as the electrification thing might just be in relation to that but not sure why the consist is moving position especially as they are shorter.

26. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Yeah definitely not something I've seen, I've had (in the past) generic failures that offer a few reasons as to the failure but not these specifically and usually it's because I've done something dumb and a second look at what I did reveals my mistake.

Sorry.

27. class2ldn2801

No problem appreciate you looking anyway

28. class2ldn2801

Ok so going into the editor I've noticed the driver tab is not on the 1st coach but the 2nd for some reason, that might explain why the trwin is starting with 1 coach in front of the normal start point but what would be the reason for that happening?
    Also how do I move the tags above the train from that coach to the first?

29. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Sounds like an issue with that loco swap program to me.
    You literally just grab the driver icon disc (left mouse click and hold) at the front of the group of discs and drag it to the cab you want.
    If it's a double ended cab (like most diesel loco's for example) and the driver disc goes to the wrong end of that loco then just click on the loco and you'll get a double headed 3D arrow appear above it, click on that and it will rotate the loco and the driver will be facing forward, however in the case of the 800 the driver icon disc should only ever appear at the very front or the very back of the consist, it sounds like you have a rogue carriage in front of it, if you select that carriage and drag it backwards it should snap into place between the leading engine and the first carriage presently behind the engine, just make sure the consist is all joined together, hold Ctrl + left click to drag the whole consist about a few inches, that'll show you if it's all joined correctly.

30. class2ldn2801

Yeah for some weird reason the discs above are on the 2nd carriage but they are not driving coaches.
    I did try dragging them onto the front coach but they don't move for some reason.
    Il use ts tools to swap them out again but that loco swap has done all my other units perfectly so not sure what would cause the discs to be on the passenger carriage rather then the driving cab. I have noticed in the scenario list sometimes the passenger coach is listed instead as the discs are above it so that's obviously the issue, just need to find what's causing it.

31. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I downloaded the new pack from Superalbs and installed it.
    And I placed both 5 and 9 car diesel sets on the track and added the driver Icon on the leading coaches
    Not sure why you cannot do the same

You could move the coach with the icons to the next track then delete the rest of the train.
    Start by placing a new consist where it needs to be then move the icons from the old coach to the new front
    And then delete that odd coach

Peter

32. class2ldn2801

If i put the consists in manually its fine but to do that for every scenario would take forever lol

33. class2ldn2801

Im pretty sure there an error with the update that was brought out to the repaints on superalbs, ive just swapped the train back to an hst and apart from the loco ran out of fuel, no other errors.
    Ive tried every sub class of the 800 gwr reskin and everyone shows an error.
    Oh well back to hsts it is.

34. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you want to run the 801 as the player train I would swap that in Manual mode, as you know that works, and let the others stay as HST if changing the rest is too big a job.

When you start a scenario, Pause it and go World Editor > Scenario Editor then double click on the power cars.
    You will be able to increase the Fuel to 100%

Peter