Microsoft Sale

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nwp1, Apr 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Who is repressing your free speech? It isn't silencing a tantrum to point out that it is a tantrum.

• Like Like x 1
  2. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Again with the labels and insults. No one likes a troll. There’s debate, and then there’s the garbage you’re spewing. Debate involves talking without insulting. You’re here just to prove how smart you think you are.

• Like Like x 3
  3. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Your are absolutely 100% correct,the idea anyone on xbox is feeling entitled or selfish for feeling left out of sales when compared to pc/ps4/5 is ridiculous,we on xbox feel we should be offered a few sale as well it's not like we don't matter,we have bought alot of tsw content at full price as well,so why should we be alway left out.

• Like Like x 3
  4. SHINO BAZ

Did you even read what you just typed,i don't think so because hows it's a advantage to give pc/sony ps4/5 frequent sales and disadvantage to give xbox player a few to.How sad you think this way.

• Like Like x 2
  5. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Err, see below!

6. atmorris

atmorris New Member

Looking at the documentation on Microsoft Store (applies to both XBOX and MS Store) https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/put-apps-and-add-ons-on-sale

It is upto the App Developer to decide what price they charge and when they have sales, so either DTG are lying outright to protect their own practices and to throw MS under the bus, or they don't know how the stores work...

MS don't care when app developers have sales as they still take their cut. DTG could also put their DLC's on the likes of CD Keys which works for FIFA and other titles...

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  7. SHINO BAZ

Well thank you for the insight i surprised nobody was aware of this before now.Everybody been to busy finger pointing to figure this out.

Now the ball is squarely in dovetail games court,well just have to see what they have to say about this fact.(I wonder if they might try and spin this info?Either way it should be entertaining to witness for all.)

I'm guessing many of there xbox tsw costumer base will be waiting as well.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. theorganist

Could someone explain how they come to the conclusion as to why DTG would deliberately not schedule sales for a sizeable portion of its customers if it could schedule sales whenever it wanted? Why would they do that? It makes no sense whatsoever! They don't shy away from sales for PC and seem to provide quite a few sales for Playstation so why would they not do so for X-Box? Or, do you think it is some anti Microsoft conspiracy? I mean, throwing them under a bus, a small developer throwing a huge, global, multinational company under the bus!

• Like Like x 3
  9. nockwurst

I agree. It makes no sense.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SHINO BAZ

Unfortunately we may have reached a point where DTG CM's(Who have to deal with this)just might have to pass the baton to someone with some authority at dtg to finally officially address this issue,just so we can have some type of resolution.Because this constant arguing between tsw players is just negatively effecting a majority of the player base.This game about the joy of train driving and this topic constantly comning up with know real end in sight.Needs officially delt with.PLEASE!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Don't allow your frustrations with the lack of sales to cause you to be unpleasant towards one another. That won't help you get more sales and it won't make you feel better.

I can understand why you are frustrated with the lack of sales. We want to offer you more. But there is no conspiracy here.
    We have now explained multiple times how Xbox sales work and the reasons why you aren't offered more.

For anyone who is still unsure about how our sales work with Microsoft.
    We are offered sale slots, within these slots we also have to meet certain criteria. For example content below a specific price or core only.
    We are then restricted to how much we are allowed to put on offer, if it's DLC we are often offered a minimal amount of slots.

If you look at how frequently PC are offered sales, that is how often we would like to offer them to console users too. Unfortunately this isn't something we are currently able to do.

Our retail team are working with Microsoft to try and get you more sales when we can.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

PlayStation got always sales for DLCs like all 60-90 day’s.
    Oakville Subdivision or West Somerset was never at Sale on Xbox

• Like Like x 1
  13. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

PS has another sale on now Hamburg Lubeck is on sale!

I know to many people it looks unfair, but I believe if DTG could they would put on more sales hopefully they can sort something with MS

• Like Like x 2
  14. nockwurst

I appreciate the info, but my question then is why do other smaller developers get more sales when theoretically they would be offered the same number of slots, would they not?

• Like Like x 2
  15. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Unfortunately, as we aren't a part of those developers or companies it's impossible to know how their sales work.

The only information we can give you for certain is how ours work.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. drdavewatford

drdavewatford Active Member

Many thanks to DTG Natster for jumping into the thread and providing additional insights, e.g. the fact that within the sale slots DTG have to meet certain criteria, for example content below a specific price or core only, and that for DLC they are offered a minimal amount of slots.

I suppose that with the launch of Game Pass and a consequent fall in game ownership versus "rental" MS presumably views DLC sales as a way of helping to make up for lost revenue, which helps explain why there's no shortage of games on sale on the XBOX store BUT DLC sales across the board are less frequent; it's no coincidence that TSW DLC sales have been increasingly rare on XBOX since the launch of Game Pass.

For various reasons I prefer to play TSW on XBOX rather than Playstation, but I guess if the current state of affairs persists I might have to revisit that decision.

17. nockwurst

Still makes no sense, ie see my comments above about Snowrunner and the similarities yet differences. However I’m done beating a dead horse. Appreciate the discourse here today.

• Like Like x 2
  18. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The Microsoft article that atmorris showed via a link which talks about sales doesn't even mention slots. What it says is pretty cut and dry. Other companies that are smaller get more sales as well as you point out.

But then again dtg would not intentionally not have sales for Xbox yet it seems that they are blaming Microsoft for the lack of sales even though that article seems to suggest that it's not Microsoft. All I hope for is something to happen in terms of sales for Xbox Players. It is not fair that ps and pc players get sales and xbox players are left dry. Hopefully something will happen soon

19. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

We get only 5€ coupons when we make the Rewards for points on Xbox.
    It’s like 5€ every 3-4 weeks

• Like Like x 1
  20. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

"Content below a specific price?
    How can you imagine that? Does this refer to the original price of the DLC or does it have to be offered below a specific price?

DLC is hardly ever on sale and the 10% pre-order discount doesn't exist on Xbox either.
    I can't understand any of this in any way. Why should MS impose a catalogue of conditions? What do they have to gain from restricting developers/publishers in their actions, which other platforms don't do and then apparently only affects certain companies, because other developers/publishers are apparently "allowed" to offer more.

Something is not going right. Be it in communication or otherwise.

And I agree with others that I don't see any point in wasting limited opportunities on a game that is already in Gamepass and hasn't been supported for a long time.
    I would be interested to know what DTG is trying to achieve.

On the other hand, I find it exciting why a developer/publisher says that he wants to take as many sales as possible with him. That doesn't sound very convincing for his own product and also because he knows that it is offered at too high a price.

• Like Like x 1
  21. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I have to agree with this, the original TSW has no real purpose anymore, with preservation etc.
    And it was implied that TSW2020 being on gamepass hindered the amount of sales. So I think DTG should consider doing something about that.

• Like Like x 2
  22. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This is simple commercial realism. Something comes out brand new, sells at "full price", then a few weeks or months later goes on sale with a small discount. Later on goes on sale with a larger discount
    So the people who have more money (or less sense)(or more urgency)(or a lack of patience) but it when it comes out at full whack, but some wait
    The people who have a bit of money or see the benefit of havign it but don't want to pay full whack might buy it in the first sale
    The remainder may wait, or think "Hey, that's a lot of money saved so I'll get that now" for the sales down the road.

So it's nothing to do with "the publisher knowing they're charging too much", because value is relative so if ANYONE buys at full price, the value is there

• Like Like x 1
  23. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

TSW2020 is unsupported but buying it grants you TSW2 versions of those bundled routes. So you could see it as a sale on several preserved routes when TSW2020 goes on sale. With Game Pass you are restricted to playing them in TSW2020 only. I took advantage of a previous sale to migrate from GP to TSW2 versions. Then there are some players that only started with TSW2 who can use this entitlement (if they know as it is not stated on the store pages or loading screens).

I hope more focus can be made on getting routes not already in any bundles for future sales. Like I thought why GWE when it was on sale for TSW2 a while ago over something like TVL, RRO, WSR or OSD (not in any bundles of both games).

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  24. theorganist

I can imagine that if one slot was used to put TSW2 on a sale and the other slot for one piece of DLC. There would be much gnashing of teeth as the piece of DLC chosen by DTG would be the wrong one!

• Like Like x 2
  25. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

This way 6 routes are on sale.

26. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

When dtg get offered a sale slot , do they get to choose what is on sale and how much it is reduced by ? If so then PS and steam always get big reductions on lots of dlc , but Xbox gets the base game on sale repeatedly , regardless of the slot numbers

27. Coastway trainspotter

Erm , because Xbox players that would like dlc but can’t get it full price because they can’t afford it then aren’t able to buy any dlc - quite a bit of a disadvantage if you ask me , and quite a bit of an advantage for PS and steam .

28. ARuscoe

In your opinion.

If I buy the thing at full price and play it for a year before someone else comes along and buys it for less... good for them. I played and enjoyed it before they did. So what
    It's not unfair, it's reality

• Like Like x 1
  29. Coastway trainspotter

What if they then play and enjoy it more than you ? Then you have lost out , haven’t you ? Looks like the topic of this thread isn’t important to you

• Like Like x 1
  30. ARuscoe

Nope, no more than paying the same as someone else to go to the cinema but they enjoy the film more than I do.
    I choose what to spend my money on and what someone else does with their money and time has little or nothing to do with me.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Coastway trainspotter

But it would be nice to be treated equally , even if it is nothing to do with you

• Like Like x 1
  32. ARuscoe

You ARE being treated equally. Everyone who is aware of the existence of a thing is being offered the chance to buy it when it comes out. For that "priviledge" you pay full price. Everyone is also offered the choice to wait and buy it later, maybe on sale at a lower price.
    Just because at some point there is a sale doesn't mean the seller must have to go back and refund everyone who bought it a the higher price previously...

It's not "unfair", it's simple market economics.

• Like Like x 2
  33. Coastway trainspotter

Except we’re not...
    The frequency between Xbox and PC and PS sales are quite vast

• Like Like x 1
  34. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

It wouldn’t be less a year or so later if it was on Xbox, it would be the same price as when it was released.

• Like Like x 2
  35. SHINO BAZ

There one problem here i think your missing those one pc/sonyps4/5 who chose to wait for a sale have gotten many many many chances so far to get themselves a deal while those on xbox haven't gotten any dlc sale in long long long time.

• Like Like x 2
  36. ARuscoe

And were you not offered the same possibility of which platform to choose? I'm sure the terms and conditions of the xbox and their product sales are readily available on their website (they are, but they're about 30,000 words last I heard... again, blame Microsoft)

• Like Like x 2
  37. ARuscoe

See my above response. You chose to buy microsoft.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Coastway trainspotter

I was not offered the option of a PC . I’ve had an Xbox longer than I knew TSW existed , so sales were not my concern . I did consider PS , but nearly all my friends are on Xbox

• Like Like x 1
  39. SHINO BAZ

Are you kidding,it's like your saying you where the ---- who chose to buy it on xbox,tsw for it's frist year or so had sales but since tsw2 came out they disappeared,you just assume everyone has ever console and pc,well clearly your better off then some of us.It must nice to be you.

• Like Like x 2
  40. ARuscoe

Yes, I am saying when you chose to buy the xbox I am sure you read the terms and conditions of what you were buying and then applied them against your purchases.
    Actually, I'm sure what you did was the same as everyone else, skipped the Ts&Cs, clicked "I agree" and got on your merry way until something you didn't like came along, so you blamed someone else who had little or nothing to do with what you're blaming them for

Same as I do on my iPhone...

• Like Like x 1
  41. tallboy7648

Or they could afford it but don't think it's worth full price. I personally don't think LGV is worth $30 due to how short gameplay time you get with the route.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Coastway trainspotter

There is such an argument , but money issues are a very common thing for people who just want to do what they enjoy

43. tallboy7648

And us xbox players weren't expecting a lack of sales especially when there were a fair amount of sales in tsw2020. Also your not even a xbox player and yet you think that it's our fault for not getting sales. Then you want to say that it's fair treatment.

I take it you don't understand the complaints that are justified. Even in streams this question gets asked. Are you gonna go on those streams and say the lack of sales is fair treatment even though ps and pc players get them. That's like saying African Americans who were fighting for there rights and some were arrested and even killed during the civil rights movement got weren't treated unfairly through that whole ordeal just for seeking equal treatment as white Americans had fair treatment.

• Like Like x 3
  44. tallboy7648

They can choose to pick what's on sale and how much it's reduced by. Heck they can even make the product free
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/put-apps-and-add-ons-on-sale
    This Microsoft article explains how companies can do sales.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. ARuscoe

I have said its your fault you bought an xbox. Dont remember saying you had any control over sales on MS store...

46. Coastway trainspotter

Don’t blame people for choosing a gaming platform , it has nothing to do with that . If that’s your only complaint then don’t get involved

• Like Like x 3
  47. tallboy7648

And yet you also say were being treated fairly. What type of nonsense is that.

You also say it's Microsoft's fault but this Microsoft Article about sales seems to suggest something else.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/put-apps-and-add-ons-on-sale

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. ARuscoe

I read that but there's nothing there to suggest that MS schedule the sales, or put any restrictions on them whatsoever, and yet we see evidence this is the case else everyone would have a sale on most of the time... so I question the completeness of said document rather than DTGs desire to have sales, given the amount they have on the other platforms

49. SHINO BAZ

Many of us when we can do pay full price for are tsw dlc,we can and will do it when possible but just like pc/sonyps4/5 do,but that doesn't mean we don't like or want to have a chance to see a sale like the other systems offen get.

• Like Like x 4
  50. ARuscoe

Really...? If you'd bought a PS4 and had regular sales you wouldn't be having this discussion, so your purchase seems to be entirely relevant

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.